Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald: No power lunch  (Read 55013 times)

Online Dan O'meara

Re: Oswald: No power lunch
« Reply #592 on: November 16, 2021, 05:31:08 AM »
Advertisement
Go back to the channel two radio traffic. At 12:39-12:40, Howard reports that he is at Industrial. Given the context of the motorcade, and Howard's relationship to it, Howard must be at Industrial & I-35E by the Trade Mart. At that time, Howard is told to stay at his position. It would take the Sergeant at least 5 minutes to start up his motor, make it to Dealey Plaza, shut down, dismount, and appear at the front entrance. It's just possible to get him there by 12:45, but only just, and only if he completely discarded his orders to remain on Industrial.

I don't see any other traffic involving Howard in the "official" channel two transcript. He also doesn't reappear in O'Dell's version of the channel two recording. He seems to have stayed in place for a while on Industrial, at least as far as the radio traffic can tell us.

As for other Sergeants, Simpson says he's heading towards the TSBD at 12:43, but he's in charge of the Lemon avenue stretch of the route, so he's going to be a few minutes coming. It's hard to see how he could get to the front of the TSBD by 12:45.  Campbell headed up the effort along Main between Harwood and Field. He's close enough to get to Elm and Houston relatively quickly. His second assignment WRT the motorcade is to report to the Trade Mart after the motorcade has passed by his original station, so he might have already started heading towards the TSBD even before it became the hub of attention beginning at 12:35.

Or, maybe events shown in the clip happened later that either of us have been thinking.
Maybe.

I'm looking through the transcript of DPD tapes for channel 2 and can't find anything for Howard.
Am I missing something?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #592 on: November 16, 2021, 05:31:08 AM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #593 on: November 16, 2021, 05:43:44 AM »
I'm looking through the transcript of DPD tapes for channel 2 and can't find anything for Howard.
Am I missing something?

Consult the O'Dell version of the Channel 2 recording. That's the gold standard for channel 2.

Offline Robert Reeves

« Reply #594 on: November 16, 2021, 01:15:35 PM »

I was fairly sure I had a document naming all four, but haven't found it.

I am curious to know who this officer is talking to the mystery person in the doorway. Looks like a senior officer, possibly one of these Inspectors (I noticed he's wearing a white shirt & possibly a formal suit, traffic cops with white caps appear to have normal dark shirts.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 01:24:47 PM by Robert Reeves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #594 on: November 16, 2021, 01:15:35 PM »

Offline Robert Reeves

« Reply #595 on: November 16, 2021, 02:58:44 PM »
Crops of Allen pictures.

Probably the same [unknown] officer that was speaking with the mystery man similar in appearance to Oswald. He appears to have been positioned in the TSBD doorway for a while.

Not sure if the same guy in the TSBD doorway was with Oswald when he was shot by Ruby.

Both have a faint slanted line down their cheek underneath the right eye

« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 03:00:55 PM by Robert Reeves »