Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald: No power lunch  (Read 55652 times)

Offline Alan Ford

Re: Oswald: No power lunch
« Reply #352 on: September 13, 2021, 01:36:46 AM »
Advertisement
WTF? And that made Oswald agree to being in the building at the time? Hilarious!

JohnM

Your 'WTF?' is a nice touch, Mr Mytton-----------as though you didn't know full well you were distorting my claim beyond recognition! I invite those reading to check out our previous exchanges on this very point: doing so will give you a neat insight into how Mr Mytton operates here.

Now! On the substantive point:

Yes, in his v. brief exchange with the reporter Mr Oswald confirms that he was not some place other than the Texas School Book Depository at the time. Neither he, nor anyone else who had come out onto those steps for the P. Parade, had left the building-------------the front entranceway was part of the building. Therefore they, and he, were still technically in the building

By the way, Mr Mytton, it's good to see you've stopped putting the word "inside" in Mr Oswald's mouth!  Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #352 on: September 13, 2021, 01:36:46 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #353 on: September 13, 2021, 01:41:36 AM »
Alan,

Hosty did not put in his same-day interrogation report that Oswald was outside during the assassination.
I know you really believe that he did but he didn't.
It didn't happen.  ::)

~Grin~ Keep telling yourself that, Mr O'Meara, and don't prey on the fact that your contorted reading of the Hosty draft report has been torn to shreds in the foregoing few posts  Thumb1:

But on a lighter note...
it is your contention that Oswald can be seen in the Darnell footage as Baker approaches the TSBD steps.
Please regale us with your account of how the first floor encounter between Baker and Oswald took place given Baker is only seconds from reaching the position you believe Oswald was standing.

Happy to!

Officer Baker runs up the steps on the less crowded west side and asks for directions to the stairs

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #354 on: September 13, 2021, 01:50:41 AM »

Yes, in his v. brief exchange with the reporter Mr Oswald confirms that he was not some place other than the Texas School Book Depository at the time. Neither he, nor anyone else who had come out onto those steps for the P. Parade, had left the building-------------the front entranceway was part of the building. Therefore they, and he, were still technically in the building

Here we go again with your absurd notion that the outside steps were somehow inside the building?
The outside steps as described by his workmates were outside and to say otherwise is just self serving nonsense.
And let's not forget Oswald was trying to convince the World that he didn't shoot the President so saying emphatically that he was OUTSIDE would be a complete no brainer but instead you believe Oswald would give a cryptic answer to a straightforward question? Unbelievable!

Mr. LOVELADY - That's on the second floor; so, I started going to the domino room where I generally went in to set down and eat and nobody was there and I happened to look on the outside and Mr. Shelley was standing outside with Miss Sarah Stanton, I believe her name is, and I said, "Well, I'll go out there and talk with them, sit down and eat my lunch out there, set on the steps," so I went out there.

Mr. BALL - You were standing where?
Mr. SHELLEY - Just outside the glass doors there.
Mr. BALL - That would be on the top landing of the entrance?
Mr. SHELLEY - yes.

Mr. FRAZIER - No, sir; not right then I didn't. I say, you know, he was supposed to come by during our lunch hour so you don't get very many chances to see the President of the United States and being an old Texas boy, and [he] never having been down to Texas very much I went out there to see him and just like everybody else was, I was standing on the steps there and watched for the parade to come by and so I did and I stood there until he come by

Sarah Stanton who was on the steps described to the FBI that after hearing the shots "immediately went into the building".

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #354 on: September 13, 2021, 01:50:41 AM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #355 on: September 13, 2021, 01:50:56 AM »
Your 'WTF?' is a nice touch, Mr Mytton-----------as though you didn't know full well you were distorting my claim beyond recognition! I invite those reading to check out our previous exchanges on this very point: doing so will give you a neat insight into how Mr Mytton operates here.

Now! On the substantive point:

By the way, Mr Mytton, it's good to see you've stopped putting the word "inside" in Mr Oswald's mouth!  Thumb1:

"-the front entranceway was part of the building. Therefore they, and he, were still technically in the building"

:D :D :D

Not the old "outside" is "inside" routine. Unbelievable.

Just to savour the full lunacy of your position - when Oswald confirms he was in the building on camera he was really on the steps and when Oswald is reported as saying he went outside to watch the P parade he's still on the steps!!

Is that the sound of metallic headgear being adjusted I hear?

Offline Vincent Baxter

« Reply #356 on: September 13, 2021, 01:53:00 AM »

Oh but it matters very much indeed.

Remember: if they know that Mr Oswald was out front for the shooting, then they know that there is every risk that visual proof and/or witnesses may emerge at some point to prove his presence there. This means that the new, fictional location for the encounter has to be somewhere that Mr Oswald could physically and halfway plausibly have gone to from the front entrance immediately after the shooting. Otherwise Officer Baker and Mr Truly (and others besides) risk exposure as rank perjurers. Due to the layout of the building, and of the second floor in particular, the lunchroom is the least worst (actually the only) option

This is daft. So you're basically saying that they were worried about the possibility of visual proof or witnesses emerging which could prove Oswald was out front at the time of the shooting?
Rather than just concern about Baker and Truly being exposed as perjurers, what would it have meant on the grand overall scale of things if such evidence had emerged? Would they have just dismissed the whole Oswald as the shootist theory and said "Oh, well it was plausible that he was in the 2nd floor lunchroom so it at least it means Baker and Truly won't get charged for perjury"?
If they'd gone to all the trouble of setting Oswald up as a patsy then surely making sure that visual evidence or human witnesses claiming he was elsewhere at the exact time of the shooting would have been taken care of?

Again, the fictional encounter HAS to work both ways: an assassin who has descended OR (if it comes to it) a man who has just left the front entrance and come upstairs

But surely there's no significant time difference between someone who has gone upstairs, got a Coke and stood around in the lunchroom before being seen and someone who has gone upstairs, got a Coke and then started to make his way back downstairs again. In both versions the same man is still basically on the 2nd floor just in different locations.

They knew Mr Oswald wasn't the shooter, and their options were excruciatingly limited. The lunchroom was lousy, but it was their only option if they were to keep alive the notion of Mr Oswald's guilt as the sixth-floor shooter

Thumb1:

Another thing that doesn't make sense about this theory; what was Truly's role in all this and why would he have been so eager to go along with the story of Oswald being in the 2nd floor lunchroom if it was completely fabricated? What was in it for him?
If he could so easily have been forced to lie then surely anyone claiming they saw Oswald outside could have been made to lie also...or maybe they were?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #356 on: September 13, 2021, 01:53:00 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #357 on: September 13, 2021, 01:57:08 AM »
Here we go again with your absurd notion that the outside steps were somehow inside the building?

Ah, and so a cornered Mr Mytton tries to slip in the word "inside" again. Old dog, old tricks!  :D

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #358 on: September 13, 2021, 01:58:12 AM »
"-the front entranceway was part of the building. Therefore they, and he, were still technically in the building"

:D :D :D

Not the old "outside" is "inside" routine. Unbelievable.

Just to savour the full lunacy of your position - when Oswald confirms he was in the building on camera he was really on the steps and when Oswald is reported as saying he went outside to watch the P parade he's still on the steps!!

Is that the sound of metallic headgear being adjusted I hear?

You're still smarting from the ignominious whupping you received over the Hosty report, Mr O'Meara. I'll give you a day to calm down!  Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #358 on: September 13, 2021, 01:58:12 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #359 on: September 13, 2021, 02:04:10 AM »

Thumb1: Thumb1: Thumb1:

Nice pick-up Dan, you have completely annihilated Ford's interpretation of Hosty's note and at the same time decimated his inside/outside garbage!  Thumb1:
There's no coming back from this! Thumb1:

JohnM
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 02:05:36 AM by John Mytton »