Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Sirhan Sirhan may be released tomorrow  (Read 16376 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: Sirhan Sirhan may be released tomorrow
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2021, 12:12:07 AM »
Advertisement
(CNN)Sirhan Sirhan, the man convicted of assassinating Sen. Robert F. Kennedy in 1968, was recommended for parole on Friday. After spending 53 year in prison, the 77-year-old inmate's fate now rests in the hands of California's governor.

Two of Kennedy's surviving sons, Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. and Douglas Kennedy, offered their support for parole during Sirhan's 16th appearance before the parole board Friday.
"I'm overwhelmed just by being able to view Mr. Sirhan face to face. I think I've lived my life both in fear of him and his name in one way or another. And I am grateful today to see him as a human being worthy of compassion and love," said Douglas Kennedy.
The two-person panel recommended parole, but said the decision is not yet final. Despite the recommendation for release, the board's decision could be reversed by California Gov. Gavin Newsom, who will review the case to determine if the parole grant is consistent with public safety, a process that could take a few months.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2021, 12:12:07 AM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2021, 12:12:35 AM »
A "pretty good reason" for what?  Murdering RFK?  Hating Jews?  Sirhan was living in LA.  He left Palestine as a child.  He was literally arrested with the murder weapon in his hand.  There is no credible evidence of a second shooter. That is tin foil hat stuff.

Being driven out of your native country due to war is a good reason for hating Israel the same way Cuban exiles have good reasons for hating Fidel Castro.

There were 10-14 shots fired. Sirhan’s gun only held 8 bullets. There were powder burns on RFK’s clothes and head but Sirhan never got within 5 feet of Kennedy.

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2021, 12:16:38 AM »
Being driven out of your native country due to war is a good reason for hating Israel the same way Cuban exiles have good reasons for hating Fidel Castro.

There were 10-14 shots fired. Sirhan’s gun only held 8 bullets. There were powder burns on RFK’s clothes and head but Sirhan never got within 5 feet of Kennedy.

So killing RFK was justified?  It's hard to follow your point.  He has been paroled.  Hopefully moves to Canada.  The rest is absolute lies.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2021, 12:16:38 AM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2021, 12:16:48 AM »
Sirhan at 1:10: "I sincerely regret my actions...I was young..I was immature...I was wild...."

Nothing about being hypnotized or controlled by others. He took responsibility.

The CIA didn't have the ability to "control" minds; MKUltra was a disaster, a disgrace. They gave psychotropic drugs to people and lost control of them. They weren't able to control them.

People sometimes confess to crimes they didn’t commit. The people who arrested Sirhan said he was in a trance on the night of the shooting and he didn’t recall how he got to the hotel.

Whoever handled Sirhan only needed him to fire a gun when he saw RFK to cause a distraction and that’s what he did.

The second gunman, whomever it was (there are named suspects), shot RFK from behind.

And btw, the CIA was involved with the LAPD’s investigation.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 12:17:53 AM by Jon Banks »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2021, 12:22:53 AM »
So killing RFK was justified?  It's hard to follow your point.  He has been paroled.  Hopefully moves to Canada.  The rest is absolute lies.

I’m not rationalizing what he was accused of doing. I was responding to your calling him an “anti-semite and terrorist.”

Yes, he didn’t like Israel but as someone driven out of his country by Israel, he had legit reasons for disliking Israel unlike neo-nazis or other Israel-haters.

And not all Arabs are Muslims. Sirhan was born a Christian and still is.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2021, 12:22:53 AM »

Online Jerry Organ

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2021, 12:33:01 AM »
So to be clear, you are equating the USA and Israel to terrorists.

You two countries seem to have an hugely inflated opinion of yourselves and correspondingly low opinion of the rest of the world.

And Canada, with a blackface wearing Prime Minister and history of ethnic cleansing, is somehow excluded from this moral high ground.  You should be ashamed.

Ah, Trudeau hasn't worn blackface since Donald Trump put away his Klan outfit. BTW, Election Day is Monday, September 20th. Blackface and residential schools don't seem to be a campaign issue. You must be jealous, that a true democracy has a diversity of parties, is mature to the point of fairly-assessing and forgiving youthful indiscretions, and function for the People, not just the One Percent.

Canada among the top ten most peaceful countries; the US ranks 121st. Metric system, renewable energy, bilingualism. Must drive you radicalized fascist reactionaries crazy.

Canada's "ethnic cleansing"? Ever hear tell of glass houses?  :P

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2021, 12:36:01 AM »
(CNN)Sirhan Sirhan, the man convicted of assassinating Sen. Robert F. Kennedy in 1968, was recommended for parole on Friday. After spending 53 year in prison, the 77-year-old inmate's fate now rests in the hands of California's governor.

Two of Kennedy's surviving sons, Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. and Douglas Kennedy, offered their support for parole during Sirhan's 16th appearance before the parole board Friday.
"I'm overwhelmed just by being able to view Mr. Sirhan face to face. I think I've lived my life both in fear of him and his name in one way or another. And I am grateful today to see him as a human being worthy of compassion and love," said Douglas Kennedy.
The two-person panel recommended parole, but said the decision is not yet final. Despite the recommendation for release, the board's decision could be reversed by California Gov. Gavin Newsom, who will review the case to determine if the parole grant is consistent with public safety, a process that could take a few months.

I wonder if the governor will make a decision before his recall election in September. And how this might or might not affect his chances of staying in office. Some say that the recall election is going to be close. I think all this was orchestrated in the name of politics. I believe that the LA district attorney should have done his job and been represented at the parole hearing as against parole (as has been done in the previous 15 hearings). The whole thing is ridiculous and reeks of partisan politics.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2021, 12:36:01 AM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2021, 12:43:14 AM »
One of the detectives who came out of retirement to help with the LAPD’s investigation of RFK’s murder was a CIA spook. Dan Pena, the son of Manny Pena, talks about his dad in the video below:

Enrique Hernandez who worked on the case, is also alleged to have had ties to the CIA.

Both men spent time working for the US in Latin America aside from their jobs in the LAPD.

The CIA/Intelligence links could just be coincidental.

I find the forensic evidence in RFK’s case to be enough to conclude that there was more than one shooter.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 12:44:13 AM by Jon Banks »