Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Sirhan Sirhan may be released tomorrow  (Read 17321 times)

Online Sean Kneringer

Re: Sirhan Sirhan may be released tomorrow
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2021, 05:24:48 PM »
Advertisement
Christian Palestinian? His diary in 1968 contained this entry: “I advocate the overthrow of the current president of the fucking United States of America . . .  I firmly support the Communist cause and its people.” What a swell guy. At his 2016 hearing, he said he felt remorse for any crime victim "but couldn’t take responsibility for the shooting.” He must've hired an empathy coach for the latest hearing.

Like the Manson creeps, the turd got a break when his death sentence was commuted to life. He doesn't deserve another one. Hopefully Newsom, who's sinking in the polls and could use a W, will do the right thing.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 05:25:31 PM by Sean Kneringer »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2021, 05:24:48 PM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2021, 05:34:30 PM »
Christian Palestinian? His diary in 1968 contained this entry: “I advocate the overthrow of the current president of the fucking United States of America . . .  I firmly support the Communist cause and its people.” What a swell guy. At his 2016 hearing, he said he felt remorse for any crime victim "but couldn’t take responsibility for the shooting.” He must've hired an empathy coach for the latest hearing.

Like the Manson creeps, the turd got a break when his death sentence was commuted to life. He doesn't deserve another one. Hopefully Newsom, who's sinking in the polls and could use a W, will do the right thing.

At his most recent hearing, Douglas Kennedy was brought to tears by Sirhan’s remorse:

Appearing on camera at the virtual proceeding, Sirhan said he has learned to control his anger and was committed to living peacefully, according to AP.

He said, "Sen. Kennedy was the hope of the world ... and I harmed all of them and it pains me to experience that, the knowledge for such a horrible deed, if I did in fact do that."

Douglas Kennedy, a toddler when his father was killed, told the two-person board panel that he was moved to tears by Sirhan's remorse and should be released if he's not a threat to others, AP reported.

"I'm overwhelmed just by being able to view Mr. Sirhan face to face," Douglas Kennedy said, according to AP.

"I've lived my life both in fear of him and his name in one way or another. And I am grateful today to see him as a human being worthy of compassion and love."

https://www.businessinsider.com/sirhan-sirhan-rfks-assassin-wins-parole-with-help-of-2-kennedy-sons-2021-8

As for his diary entries, I don’t know what to make of them.

Sirhan had no prior history of violent behavior and everyone who knew him said he wasn’t very political. There’s no evidence that he was a communist or followed any extremist ideologies.

Obviously, he was born in Jerusalem and has had strong opinions about the Israel-Palestine conflict but outside of his diary, there’s very little evidence that anyone viewed him as a violent person or an extremist.

A lot of people view Sirhan as some sort of Palestinian terrorist. I view him as a patsy who was psychologically manipulated…

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2021, 06:29:15 PM »
At his most recent hearing, Douglas Kennedy was brought to tears by Sirhan’s remorse:

Appearing on camera at the virtual proceeding, Sirhan said he has learned to control his anger and was committed to living peacefully, according to AP.

He said, "Sen. Kennedy was the hope of the world ... and I harmed all of them and it pains me to experience that, the knowledge for such a horrible deed, if I did in fact do that."

Douglas Kennedy, a toddler when his father was killed, told the two-person board panel that he was moved to tears by Sirhan's remorse and should be released if he's not a threat to others, AP reported.

"I'm overwhelmed just by being able to view Mr. Sirhan face to face," Douglas Kennedy said, according to AP.

"I've lived my life both in fear of him and his name in one way or another. And I am grateful today to see him as a human being worthy of compassion and love."

https://www.businessinsider.com/sirhan-sirhan-rfks-assassin-wins-parole-with-help-of-2-kennedy-sons-2021-8

As for his diary entries, I don’t know what to make of them.

Sirhan had no prior history of violent behavior and everyone who knew him said he wasn’t very political. There’s no evidence that he was a communist or followed any extremist ideologies.

Obviously, he was born in Jerusalem and has had strong opinions about the Israel-Palestine conflict but outside of his diary, there’s very little evidence that anyone viewed him as a violent person or an extremist.

A lot of people view Sirhan as some sort of Palestinian terrorist. I view him as a patsy who was psychologically manipulated…

Douglas Kennedy is almost as nutty as Sirhan.  He attacked a nurse in the maternity ward when his kid was born.  Six of RFK's children very eloquently argued for his parole to be denied.  Sirhan is a dangerous terrorist who was sentenced to death.  He should be thankful that he didn't go to the gas chamber decades ago and that the taxpayers in CA have picked up the tab to keep him alive for decades.  He has used the impaired memory fantasy as a way to avoid accepting responsibility.  He was arrested at the scene with the gun. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2021, 06:29:15 PM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2021, 06:50:14 PM »
Douglas Kennedy is almost as nutty as Sirhan.  He attacked a nurse in the maternity ward when his kid was born.  Six of RFK's children very eloquently argued for his parole to be denied.  Sirhan is a dangerous terrorist who was sentenced to death.  He should be thankful that he didn't go to the gas chamber decades ago and that the taxpayers in CA have picked up the tab to keep him alive for decades.  He has used the impaired memory fantasy as a way to avoid accepting responsibility.  He was arrested at the scene with the gun.

Sirhan’s gun only held 8 bullets. There were 10-13 shots fired according to the forensic evidence. The Medical examiner who conducted Kennedy’s autopsy says the headshot was fired within inches. Sirhan was never close enough to Kennedy to fire the headshot.

Paul Schrade, RFK’s friend who was shot by Sirhan, also supports parole and believes a different shooter shot Kennedy.

https://www.kget.com/news/local-news/paul-schrade-holds-no-animosity-towards-convicted-rfk-killer-sirhan-still-pressing-for-evidence-into-possible-second-shooter/

Are you going to attack the character of the guy who was both a victim and a witness to the crime?

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2021, 10:51:41 PM »
Sirhan’s gun only held 8 bullets. There were 10-13 shots fired according to the forensic evidence. The Medical examiner who conducted Kennedy’s autopsy says the headshot was fired within inches. Sirhan was never close enough to Kennedy to fire the headshot.

Paul Schrade, RFK’s friend who was shot by Sirhan, also supports parole and believes a different shooter shot Kennedy.

https://www.kget.com/news/local-news/paul-schrade-holds-no-animosity-towards-convicted-rfk-killer-sirhan-still-pressing-for-evidence-into-possible-second-shooter/

Are you going to attack the character of the guy who was both a victim and a witness to the crime?

Some people come to believe things are not true or supported by any credible evidence.  Whatever Schrade has come to believe he has not presented any actual evidence.  Sirhan was apprehended at the scene with the smoking gun.  How does a second shooter escape unnoticed from that crowd?  It's even sillier than a second shooter in Dealey Plaza because there were at least areas that provided seclusion there.  There is an alleged audiotape in which experts have disputed the number of shots fired.  It is by no means conclusive of the number of shots fired.  But even if there were a second shooter that would not lessen Sirhan's guilt since he was obviously a shooter.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2021, 10:51:41 PM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2021, 11:33:04 PM »
Some people come to believe things are not true or supported by any credible evidence.  Whatever Schrade has come to believe he has not presented any actual evidence. 

“I have told police and testified [to the grand jury],” Uecker said in a 1975 affidavit, “that there was a distance of at least one and one-half feet between the muzzle of Sirhan’s gun and Senator Kennedy’s head. The revolver was directly in front of my nose. … There is no way that the shots described in the autopsy could have come from Sirhan’s gun. … Sirhan never got close enough to a point-blank shot, never.”

The evidence of a second shooter is overwhelming. Schrade and other witnesses maintain that Sirhan couldn’t have fired the shots that hit Kennedy from behind.

Sirhan never got close enough to fire a shot into RFK’s head from an inch away and Sirhan never got behind Kennedy.

Sirhan was tackled after firing two shots.

Sirhan was apprehended at the scene with the smoking gun.  How does a second shooter escape unnoticed from that crowd?

As Vincent Bugliosi noted, there was at least one other armed suspect according to witness accounts plus the security guard directly behind Kennedy, Thane Caesar, was seen with this gun drawn by witnesses.

Michael Wayne, who looks similar to Sirhan, and Caesar are two named potential suspects. There were other suspects seen with Sirhan at the hotel on the night RFK was killed.

No positive match was made between Sirhan’s gun and the bullets that struck RFK.

The physical evidence in RFK’s case has never favored the lone assassin narrative.

Sirhan’s defense attorneys avoided the evidence of a second shooter because they just wanted to keep him from getting the Death Penalty. Arguing that he was part of a conspiracy wouldn’t have exonerated him or gotten him a lighter sentence.

It's even sillier than a second shooter in Dealey Plaza because there were at least areas that provided seclusion there.  There is an alleged audiotape in which experts have disputed the number of shots fired.  It is by no means conclusive of the number of shots fired.  But even if there were a second shooter that would not lessen Sirhan's guilt since he was obviously a shooter.

There are also photos of other bullet holes in the pantry confirming that at least 10 shots were fired. Again, more than 8 shots is too many shots to have been fired from Sirhan’s revolver. There had to be another gun involved.

The LAPD attempted to suppress evidence of a conspiracy but not all the evidence was lost.

Kathleen Kennedy, who hasn’t come out For or Against Sirhan’s parole, wants to reopen the investigation into her father’s assassination:

“Bobby makes a compelling case,” the former Maryland lieutenant governor told The Post. “I think it should be reopened.”

Schrade and a host of authors and researchers point to a number of apparent missteps by the Los Angeles police and prosecutors in focusing solely on Sirhan, while suppressing evidence of a second shooter, such as:

• Prosecutors withheld the autopsy report from Sirhan’s defense lawyers until six weeks into the trial, showing that Kennedy had been shot at point-blank range from behind. Five other people in the hotel pantry standing behind Kennedy, including Schrade, were hit by bullets fired from in front of them.

• Police failed to investigate an armed private-security guard who was walking behind Kennedy at precisely the angle where the fatal shots to Kennedy’s head and back were fired. He has consistently denied firing his weapon but has told conflicting stories over the years.

• Police officers and FBI agents identified apparent bullet holes in two door frames of the pantry, indicating more than eight shots were fired. But no evidence of those holes was presented at trial, and the Los Angeles police destroyed the door frames shortly after the trial.

• The lead crime-scene investigator testified at trial that bullets from the wounded victims matched a bullet from Kennedy, but presented no photos or evidence to support that. When two ballistics experts examined the bullets after the trial, they found the bullets didn’t match. Subsequent investigations couldn’t match any of the bullets to Sirhan’s gun. The crime-scene investigator was subsequently criticized even by prosecutors for sloppy work in the case, by a judge for seeming perjury in another high-profile murder, and later suspended by his own police chief.

• Los Angeles police bullied or ignored witnesses whose stories did not match the lone gunman scenario, records show, particularly people who claimed they saw Sirhan with a dark-haired woman in a white polka-dot dress. Then at trial, prosecutors brought in a blonde-haired woman with a green polka-dot dress and claimed she was the mysterious woman in question. Sirhan’s lawyers, focusing on a mental health defense, did not challenge that, either

Noguchi found that four shots had been fired at Kennedy from at most three inches away. Three shots appeared to be in contact with Kennedy’s back and shoulder, based on powder burns to his jacket, Noguchi said, with one shot passing through the jacket’s shoulder pad and not touching Kennedy. All three were fired sharply upward. The fourth shot was fired into the back of Kennedy’s head from three inches away, Noguchi concluded, by test-firing a similar gun to determine how much gunpowder sprayed at various distances.

“Thus I have never said,” Noguchi wrote in his autobiography, “that Sirhan Sirhan killed Robert Kennedy.”
At a conference last month of RFK assassination authors, Pittsburgh coroner Cyril Wecht pressed Noguchi as to whether there was a second gunman, but the 91-year-old pathologist said, “That’s not my duty.” He also told Wecht that defense attorneys never spoke with him before the trial and did not ask him about the muzzle distance at trial.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/true-crime/wp/2018/06/05/did-l-a-police-and-prosecutors-bungle-the-bobby-kennedy-assassination/

« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 11:49:45 PM by Jon Banks »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2021, 01:04:04 AM »
“Sirhan’s defense attorneys avoided the evidence of a second shooter because they just wanted to keep him from getting the Death Penalty. Arguing that he was part of a conspiracy wouldn’t have exonerated him or gotten him a lighter sentence.

So why would anyone think it should be part of an argument in defense of his parole recommendation?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2021, 01:04:04 AM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2021, 01:21:34 AM »
“Sirhan’s defense attorneys avoided the evidence of a second shooter because they just wanted to keep him from getting the Death Penalty. Arguing that he was part of a conspiracy wouldn’t have exonerated him or gotten him a lighter sentence.

So why would anyone think it should be part of an argument in defense of his parole recommendation?

It’s not part of Sirhan’s legal defense. His attorneys are arguing that he should be released because he’s no longer a threat to society.

I’ve raised the conspiracy stuff to give context to why some friends and family members of RFK support parole for Sirhan (aside from the fact that they accept that Sirhan is remorseful for whatever role he played).

As I noted earlier, the Medical Examiner who conducted RFK’s autopsy concluded that Sirhan likely didn’t kill RFK:

Noguchi found that four shots had been fired at Kennedy from at most three inches away. Three shots appeared to be in contact with Kennedy’s back and shoulder, based on powder burns to his jacket, Noguchi said, with one shot passing through the jacket’s shoulder pad and not touching Kennedy. All three were fired sharply upward. The fourth shot was fired into the back of Kennedy’s head from three inches away, Noguchi concluded, by test-firing a similar gun to determine how much gunpowder sprayed at various distances.

“Thus I have never said,” Noguchi wrote in his autobiography, “that Sirhan Sirhan killed Robert Kennedy.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/true-crime/wp/2018/06/05/did-l-a-police-and-prosecutors-bungle-the-bobby-kennedy-assassination/
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 01:22:20 AM by Jon Banks »