Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why are the CT's so obsessed with disproving the innocent Bus and Cab rides?  (Read 50939 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Why are the CT's so obsessed with disproving the innocent Bus and Cab rides?
« Reply #344 on: September 19, 2021, 04:05:40 PM »
Advertisement
Both of you combined with your ridiculous allegations are just muddying the waters and if I was trying to cover something up, you two dingbats would be the precise people that I would employ! Well done.

JoHnM

Muddying the waters?.....   How can one muddy waters that are already a slurry of mud and BS.....   What a few of us CT's are attempting is to filter and clarify the waters....   

And thank you for the compliment in saying that we are quite effective.

JFK Assassination Forum

Re: Why are the CT's so obsessed with disproving the innocent Bus and Cab rides?
« Reply #344 on: September 19, 2021, 04:05:40 PM »

Online Sean Kneringer

« Reply #345 on: September 19, 2021, 04:45:33 PM »
How did they find out about the cab ride? I don't think Oswald told them. Did Whaley see Oswald on TV and call the authorities?

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #346 on: September 19, 2021, 05:22:20 PM »
How did they find out about the cab ride? I don't think Oswald told them. Did Whaley see Oswald on TV and call the authorities?
Whaley said he saw the picture of Oswald in the paper the next day and told his boss/superior at the cab company that he had given Oswald a ride. He said his superior called the police and they came down and got him.

From his testimony:
Mr. BALL. Later that day [of the assassination] did you--were you called down to the police department?
Mr. WHALEY. No, sir.
Mr. BALL. Were you the next day?
Mr. WHALEY. No, sir; they came and got me, sir, the next day after I told my superior when I saw in the paper his picture, I told my superiors that that had been my passenger that day at noon. They called up the police and they came up and got me.
Mr. BALL. When you saw in the newspaper the picture of the man?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. You went to your superior and told him you thought he was your passenger?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Did the Dallas police come out to see you?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Or FBI agents?
Mr. WHALEY. The Dallas police came down and took me down and the FBI was waiting there.

Source: https://www.jfk-assassination.net/russ/testimony/whaley1.htm

Fritz said he asked Oswald about getting a cab to go home. It's not clear who told him about the ride though.

Mr. FRITZ. He [i.e., Oswald] told he that was the transfer the busdriver had given him when he caught the bus to go home. But he had told me if you will remember in our previous conversation that he rode the bus or on North Beckley and had walked home but in the meantime, sometime had told me about him riding a cab.
So, when I asked him about a cab ride if he had ridden in a cab he said yes, he had, he told me wrong about the bus, he had rode a cab. He said the reason he changed, that he rode the bus for a short distance, and the crowd was so heavy and traffic was so bad that he got out and caught a cab, and I asked him some other questions about the cab and I asked him what happened there when he caught the cab and he said there was a lady trying to catch a cab and he told the busdriver, the busdriver told him to tell the lady to catch the cab behind him and he said he rode that cab over near his home, he rode home in a cab.

Source: https://www.jfk-assassination.net/russ/testimony/fritz1.htm

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #346 on: September 19, 2021, 05:22:20 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #347 on: September 19, 2021, 06:45:03 PM »

I believe that Whaley heard a driver for CITY cab talking about transporting a young man who could have been LHO to Oakcliff that afternoon, and Whaley decided to use the story for his own "15 minutes of fame", and since he had in fact transported a young man to 500 N. Beckley at 12:30 he simply started bragging how he had unknowingly transported Oswald to Oakcliff.

He never intended for his lie to reach the DPD....He was simply BSing his fellow cabbies....However his dispatcher was a bit smarter than Whaley and realized the the police might like to know the Whaley had transported LHO to Oakcliff that afternoon. So he notified the DPD that one of his drivers had transported Oswald to Oakcliff that afternoon.....  Now a smart man would have admitted to the police that he was lying to his buddies and the story wasn't true., but not Wild Bill Whaley...The medal winning hero from the battle for Iwo Jima.   

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #348 on: September 19, 2021, 08:34:48 PM »
Both of you combined with your ridiculous allegations are just muddying the waters and if I was trying to cover something up, you two dingbats would be the precise people that I would employ! Well done.

JoHnM

Perhaps, Mr Mytton, you could give us your understanding of Mr Frazier's movements after he left Dealey Plaza? Do you believe he went directly to the hospital in which his stepfather was a patient?

Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #348 on: September 19, 2021, 08:34:48 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #349 on: September 19, 2021, 08:56:18 PM »
How did they find out about the cab ride?

Perhaps once they realized that a bus ride alone wouldn't work?

Sidenote: Mr Cecil McWatters ID'd Mr Oswald--------------not as the man to whom he gave a transfer but as the young man who turned out to be Mr Roy Milton Jones (below). Mr McWatters made the right ID but for the wrong man!  :D

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #350 on: September 19, 2021, 09:18:22 PM »

There is a massive anomaly here: Mr McWatters is brought in to identify a bus transfer, which he does. He is told this transfer was found on the suspect. He is brought to a lineup. He identifies the suspect---------but not as the man to whom he gave the bus transfer!

This leads one to wonder whether the following may not have been the actual sequence of events:

1. Mr McWatters comes forward with (or is brought in on account of) his story of a grinning young man on his bus
2. An affidavit is taken describing his story
3. He is taken to a lineup and IDs Mr Oswald as the grinning young man
4. Once the timeline problems become fully evident, the 'investigators' repurpose him as a witness
5. A punched bus transfer is 'produced' (Mr McWatters has his hand punch on his person!) and said to have been found on Mr Oswald--------and a weirdly off-topic extra line mentioning the transfer added to Mr McWatter's affidavit
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 09:21:21 PM by Alan Ford »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #350 on: September 19, 2021, 09:18:22 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #351 on: September 19, 2021, 10:51:11 PM »
Perhaps once they realized that a bus ride alone wouldn't work?

Sidenote: Mr Cecil McWatters ID'd Mr Oswald--------------not as the man to whom he gave a transfer but as the young man who turned out to be Mr Roy Milton Jones (below). Mr McWatters made the right ID but for the wrong man!  :D

Mr Ford, I know that you're bent on showing that Buell Frazier gave Lee a ride to he rooming house after the assassination.    So please explain how BWF could have been at the TSBD for roll call at about 1:00Pm and dropping Lee off at the rooming house at 1:00pm ....    Was BWF superman?