Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why are the CT's so obsessed with disproving the innocent Bus and Cab rides?  (Read 50038 times)

Online Dan O'meara

Re: Why are the CT's so obsessed with disproving the innocent Bus and Cab rides?
« Reply #256 on: September 14, 2021, 11:46:18 PM »
Advertisement

Whaley describes faded blue pants made of a khaki material. He says the jacket is similar to the pants.
But he does not say the jacket is blue.

Dan, There is no mistake....   YOU  Dan O'meara posted this ..."He says the jacket is similar to the pants."

You have acknowledged that Whaley said that his passenger was wearing a JACKET.    It is irrelevant whether you believe he said the JACKET  was blue.    The fact is;  Whaley said that his passenger was wearing a JACKET....and Lee Oswald was NOT wearing a Jacket.

You have constantly insisted Whaley described a BLUE JACKET, you stated this was a fact and that you only deal with facts.
I've demonstrated that this was not a fact.
Rather than accept this you now decide the colour is irrelevant.

"It is irrelevant whether you believe he said the JACKET  was blue"

???
It's you who believed Whaley said the jacket was blue!!
It was you Walt, not me.
WTF are you on about??
I've had to force you into a corner to demonstrate that Whaley didn't describe a BLUE JACKET, which you had touted as one of the facts you dealt in.

Having a debate with you, honest or otherwise, is borderline impossible.

JFK Assassination Forum

Re: Why are the CT's so obsessed with disproving the innocent Bus and Cab rides?
« Reply #256 on: September 14, 2021, 11:46:18 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #257 on: September 15, 2021, 12:14:26 AM »
You have constantly insisted Whaley described a BLUE JACKET, you stated this was a fact and that you only deal with facts.
I've demonstrated that this was not a fact.
Rather than accept this you now decide the colour is irrelevant.

"It is irrelevant whether you believe he said the JACKET  was blue"

???
It's you who believed Whaley said the jacket was blue!!
It was you Walt, not me.
WTF are you on about??
I've had to force you into a corner to demonstrate that Whaley didn't describe a BLUE JACKET, which you had touted as one of the facts you dealt in.

Having a debate with you, honest or otherwise, is borderline impossible.

Yes, Dan ol man,  I understand your frustration....  I've hammered you "onto the ropes" with the FACTS and have tried to allow you to admit that Bill Whaley did not transport Lee Oswald to 500 N. Beckley that afternoon. but you simply can't be honest and instead you resort to "cheap tricks"  ....  You're KO'ed in this bout so you just as well throw up your gloves.....   

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #258 on: September 15, 2021, 12:20:44 AM »
Yes, Dan ol man,  I understand your frustration....  I've hammered you "onto the ropes" with the FACTS and have tried to allow you to admit that Bill Whaley did not transport Lee Oswald to 500 N. Beckley that afternoon. but you simply can't be honest and instead you resort to "cheap tricks"  ....  You're KO'ed in this bout so you just as well throw up your gloves.....

I think it's time for your nap Walt

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #258 on: September 15, 2021, 12:20:44 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #259 on: September 15, 2021, 12:30:13 AM »
I think it's time for your nap Walt

Yes , I understand that you'd like me to stop hammering you into submission, and I'll admit that I'm a little tired....  But I'm going to keep  pounding this truth into your head until you knock off the cheap diversions and start being honest with yourself.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #260 on: September 15, 2021, 12:34:54 AM »
Yes , I understand that you'd like me to stop hammering you into submission, and I'll admit that I'm a little tired....  But I'm going to keep  pounding this truth into your head until you knock off the cheap diversions and start being honest with yourself.

Thanks for taking it easy on me Walt.
Oswald gets to the rooming house close to 1pm
How does he get there?
I am more than willing to honestly consider any evidence you may have regarding this question.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #260 on: September 15, 2021, 12:34:54 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #261 on: September 15, 2021, 02:56:20 AM »
Thanks for taking it easy on me Walt.
Oswald gets to the rooming house close to 1pm
How does he get there?
I am more than willing to honestly consider any evidence you may have regarding this question.

Lee Oswald said that he boarded a bus but after a couple of blocks it became jammed in traffic so he got off ( 12:44) and walked a couple of blocks to the taxi stand at the Greyhound Bus depot, and hired a cab (12:48) to take him to the rooming house.  This Taxi was a CITY cab and it was NOT driven by Bill Whaley.  Lee told Fritz that a woman looked in the window and asked the driver to call a taxi for her.   (Fritz knew this and told Whaley that Lee had said that a woman had looked into the   taxi and requested that the driver call a taxi for her. Thus Whaley incorporated this detail into his lie) Lee told Fritz that the cab fare was 85 cents ....Whaley said that he charged his passenger 95 cents.  The 95 cents is the correct fare for a person traveling from the Greyhound depot to 500 N. Beckley ...and 85 cents is the correct fare for a person traveling from the bus depot to the intersection of Zangs and Beckley....

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #262 on: September 15, 2021, 03:18:21 AM »
Lee Oswald said that he boarded a bus but after a couple of blocks it became jammed in traffic so he got off ( 12:44) and walked a couple of blocks to the taxi stand at the Greyhound Bus depot, and hired a cab (12:48) to take him to the rooming house.  This Taxi was a CITY cab and it was NOT driven by Bill Whaley.  Lee told Fritz that a woman looked in the window and asked the driver to call a taxi for her.   (Fritz knew this and told Whaley that Lee had said that a woman had looked into the   taxi and requested that the driver call a taxi for her. Thus Whaley incorporated this detail into his lie) Lee told Fritz that the cab fare was 85 cents ....Whaley said that he charged his passenger 95 cents.  The 95 cents is the correct fare for a person traveling from the Greyhound depot to 500 N. Beckley ...and 85 cents is the correct fare for a person traveling from the bus depot to the intersection of Zangs and Beckley....

Do you know what Walt, that seems plausible to me.

Not 100% sure why the investigating authorities would fake a cab ride instead of just finding the real taxi driver.
A few phone calls to the various cab companies should've been enough to track him down.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #262 on: September 15, 2021, 03:18:21 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #263 on: September 15, 2021, 04:18:08 AM »
Do you know what Walt, that seems plausible to me.

Not 100% sure why the investigating authorities would fake a cab ride instead of just finding the real taxi driver.
A few phone calls to the various cab companies should've been enough to track him down.

But what if they had no luck in tracking him down? And what if this failure cast doubt on Mr Oswald's claims about getting a taxi?

This would have left the 'investigating' authorities with a really tricky situation-----------they couldn't find corroboration that Mr Oswald had made it to his rooming house independently, i.e. without the help of another person who was NEITHER a bus driver NOR a cab driver. Such a failure to establish that Mr Oswald acted alone in his 'getaway' would only raise further the specter of conspiracy in the public mind.

Enter Mr Whaley..............
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 04:22:36 AM by Alan Ford »