Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why are the CT's so obsessed with disproving the innocent Bus and Cab rides?  (Read 50948 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Why are the CT's so obsessed with disproving the innocent Bus and Cab rides?
« Reply #160 on: September 06, 2021, 03:53:26 PM »
Advertisement
The Whaley journey under discussion is the one where Whaley transported Oswald but now you seem to be saying that there were two young men, both slender, both about 5'8", both wearing a shiny bracelet on their left wrist, both looked to be 25-26yo, both wearing a dark shirt, both were going to Beckley, both said a lady was trying catch a cab at the same time and they both left Dallas within minutes of each other, and you say that I'm the one who's confused?  :D

JohnM

This story of a lady asking to hire the taxi originated with Lee Oswald....    Lee told the interrogators that after he entered the CITY  cab that was driven by Darryl Glick , a old woman stuck her head in the window and requested that Glick call a taxi for her.    When Fritz heard this detail he told Whaley that Lee had said that an old woman had approached the cab and asked the driver to call a cab for her.....Whaley picked up on that and realized that the story would bolster his lie that he had transported Lee Oswald .  Thus he said that the incident happened just after the man who was wearing a BLUE JACKET, had sat down on the passenger side of the front seat.   

JFK Assassination Forum

Re: Why are the CT's so obsessed with disproving the innocent Bus and Cab rides?
« Reply #160 on: September 06, 2021, 03:53:26 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #161 on: September 07, 2021, 12:03:14 AM »
Lee told the interrogators that after he entered the CITY  cab that was driven by Darryl Glick

Darryl Glick? Hahaha!

Listen to Henry Wade and the "In Oak Cliff" not "Darryl Glick" in context.

JohnM

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #162 on: September 07, 2021, 12:09:01 AM »
The day after in Whaley's signed and corrected affidavit, he describes a small 5'8" slender man wearing a dark shirt with white spots and wearing a Bracelet on his left wrist, a pretty good match.

Indeed!

Mr. BALL. Later that day did you--were you called down to the police department?
Mr. WHALEY. No, sir.
Mr. BALL. Were you the next day?
Mr. WHALEY. No, sir; they came and got me, sir, the next day after I told my superior when I saw in the paper his picture, I told my superiors that that had been my passenger that day at noon. They called up the police and they came up and got me.
Mr. BALL. When you saw in the newspaper the picture of the man?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. You went to your superior and told him you thought he was your passenger?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir.

Question! When was this photograph first published in the press?

Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #162 on: September 07, 2021, 12:09:01 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #163 on: September 07, 2021, 12:17:20 AM »
Indeed!

Mr. BALL. Later that day did you--were you called down to the police department?
Mr. WHALEY. No, sir.
Mr. BALL. Were you the next day?
Mr. WHALEY. No, sir; they came and got me, sir, the next day after I told my superior when I saw in the paper his picture, I told my superiors that that had been my passenger that day at noon. They called up the police and they came up and got me.
Mr. BALL. When you saw in the newspaper the picture of the man?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. You went to your superior and told him you thought he was your passenger?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir.

Question! When was this photograph first published in the press?

Thumb1:

Already answered in Post 135.
Please keep up. Thumb1:

Bump.

EDIT originally I posted that Whaley saw Oswald's bracelet in the cab and Oswald didn't have the bracelet on in the line-up which was one of my following pieces of evidence, but Whaley first saw a newspaper and identified Oswald to his Superior, so I checked some newspapers from the Friday and Saturday and found this photo from Lancaster PA which shows Oswald's bracelet. I couldn't find any Dallas newspapers with the same image but it's possible. And this honesty is the hallmark of us LNers, we only want the truth. A lesson that some CT's would be wise to emulate.

JohnM

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #164 on: September 07, 2021, 12:35:47 AM »
Already answered in Post 135.
Please keep up. Thumb1:

Bump.

EDIT originally I posted that Whaley saw Oswald's bracelet in the cab and Oswald didn't have the bracelet on in the line-up which was one of my following pieces of evidence, but Whaley first saw a newspaper and identified Oswald to his Superior, so I checked some newspapers from the Friday and Saturday and found this photo from Lancaster PA which shows Oswald's bracelet. I couldn't find any Dallas newspapers with the same image but it's possible. And this honesty is the hallmark of us LNers, we only want the truth. A lesson that some CT's would be wise to emulate.

JohnM

Thank you, Mr Mytton, and my apologies!

The edited form of #135 is amusing btw: one reads your words "Again this evidence destroys you" AFTER said "evidence" has imploded. You would be wise to emulate your own behavior here more often, it might help you to become a serious student of the case! Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #164 on: September 07, 2021, 12:35:47 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #165 on: September 07, 2021, 12:59:21 AM »

The edited form of #135 is amusing btw: one reads your words "Again this evidence destroys you" AFTER said "evidence" has imploded. You would be wise to emulate your own behavior here more often, it might help you to become a serious student of the case! Thumb1:

Thumb1:

AFTER said "evidence" has imploded.

First of all it hasn't been proven that that exact photo as of yet was printed in any Dallas Newspaper and then you have to prove that if that uncropped photo was actually published in Dallas then that was the precise photo that Whaley saw(see scan below from another newspaper from another state), and secondly the Newspaper photo published in the Lancaster PA does not show a "shiny" bracelet so your premature usage of "imploded" is a little rash.  Thumb1:

EDIT2  I have found in the this Forum's photo gallery, another newspaper with another photo of the bracelet which does show the part of the bracelet as overexposed, but in my opinion this low res photo does not have enough definition to be seen as a definitive bracelet.

JohnM
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 01:12:44 AM by John Mytton »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #166 on: September 07, 2021, 01:14:24 AM »
Thumb1:

First of all it hasn't been proven that that exact photo as of yet was printed in any Dallas Newspaper and then you have to prove that if that uncropped photo was actually published in Dallas then that was the precise photo that Whaley saw(see scan below from another newspaper from another state), and secondly the Newspaper photo published in the Lancaster PA does not show a "shiny" bracelet so your premature usage of "imploded" is a little rash.  Thumb1:

JohnM

~Grin~

Oh, Mr Mytton, and you were doing so well.........

As you well know, this image of Mr Oswald was already iconic, and seen by millions around the world, by the Saturday morning-------

Unless you can prove that it couldn't possibly have been seen by anyone living in Dallas, then your soopah-doopah-confident claim remains DOA!  Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #166 on: September 07, 2021, 01:14:24 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #167 on: September 07, 2021, 01:17:59 AM »

EDIT2  I have found in the this Forum's photo gallery, another newspaper with another photo of the bracelet which does show the part of the bracelet as overexposed, but in my opinion this low res photo does not have enough definition to be seen as a definitive bracelet.

JohnM

It can be clearly seen to be a bracelet. And I like the white spots of something on the dark (color-indeterminate) shirt!

Good work, Mr Mytton---------keep going!  Thumb1: