Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why are the CT's so obsessed with disproving the innocent Bus and Cab rides?  (Read 50821 times)

Online Dan O'meara

Re: Why are the CT's so obsessed with disproving the innocent Bus and Cab rides?
« Reply #144 on: September 04, 2021, 01:19:16 AM »
Advertisement
I'm not sure that he was on Cecil Mc Watters bus....Bledsoe was mentally incompetent.. ( she may have had Altzheimers)

And Mc Watters said that he was thinking of another passenger who laughed when he told Mc Watters that JFK had been shot in the head.

But .... There is the transfer that Mc Watter's said he issued that allegedly was found in Lee's shirt pocket.    But ...I do believe that Lee rode in a CITY cab from the Greyhound bus depot to the intersection of Beckley & Zangs......

I suspect there was something more sinister with Bledsoe's testimony than just mental incompetence.

I find the transfer ticket very interesting.
Why not just get off the bus and catch a cab to the rooming house?
Why get a transfer ticket unless he intended to use it at some point?

JFK Assassination Forum

Re: Why are the CT's so obsessed with disproving the innocent Bus and Cab rides?
« Reply #144 on: September 04, 2021, 01:19:16 AM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #145 on: September 04, 2021, 01:24:16 AM »
That is the strength of the LN position - a narrative.

If that "narrative" was the result of a fair and balanced investigation you might have a point. Since it clearly wasn't, you haven't

I make the point that the investigation was both incompetent and corrupt. As was the subsequent enquiry.
The LN narrative exists whether you like it or not and you, Martin, are the classic example of a whining CTer picking over every little detail without providing an alternative explanation or a narrative of your own.

Offline Richard Smith

« Reply #146 on: September 04, 2021, 01:34:10 AM »
I suspect there was something more sinister with Bledsoe's testimony than just mental incompetence.

He likely did intend to use it.  As I recall, there was a bus transfer stop at Marsalis and Jefferson where it could be used. Three blocks from where he encountered Tippit.  There is an informative Belin report on the Dallas bus system.

https://www.fordlibrarymuseum.gov/library/document/0393/23811297.pdf

https://www.fordlibrarymuseum.gov/library/document/0393/23811296.pdf

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #146 on: September 04, 2021, 01:34:10 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #147 on: September 04, 2021, 01:59:05 AM »

I believe he did intend to use that transfer....  He knew when he left the TSBD that he was going to the theater.   He also knew that a second bus about ten minutes behind Mc Watter's bus traveled through down town Dallas and out to Oakcliff by a different route than Mc Watters bus. That second bus traveled down Elm and through Dealey plaza and beneath the RR underpass  then turned left toward Oakcliff and traveled South on Beckley to Jefferson and then turned right  and continued on it's designated route.    Since that bus was about ten minutes behind Mcwatters bus Lee reasoned that if he got to the rooming house early enough he would have time to change his clothes and then run out and use the transfer to ride the bus that was traveling south toward Jefferson and the Texas theater.

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #148 on: September 04, 2021, 02:22:51 AM »
I make the point that the investigation was both incompetent and corrupt. As was the subsequent enquiry.
The LN narrative exists whether you like it or not and you, Martin, are the classic example of a whining CTer picking over every little detail without providing an alternative explanation or a narrative of your own.

The LN narrative exists whether you like it or not

I don't deny the narrative exists. And I'll go you one better. The best lie is the one that stays as close to the truth as possible.

you, Martin, are the classic example of a whining CTer picking over every little detail without providing an alternative explanation or a narrative of your own.

And there is the personal attack.... so quickly! What a sign of weakness. First of all, why can't you get it through your thick skull that I am not a CT, for one simple reason; I don't have a conspiracy theory, whether you like it or not!

Secondly, not everybody who does not instantly and blindly accepts the LN narrative is a conspiracy theorist. You just call everybody who disagrees with you a CT because that makes it easier for you and your ilk to attack them. 

Thirdly, the LN narrative is so superficial and unsupported by evidence that it warrants close scrutiny. If you are going to declare a man guilty of a double murder, you really do need a strong persuasive case and not one that falls apart as soon as you challenge any part of it.

The one whining is you.... because you lack the arguments to persuade anybody who questions to credibility of the case.

It is utterly amazing that you accept that the investigation and subsequent enquiry were incompetent and corrupt, yet you embrace the outcome of that enquiry (now called the narrative) as being of any probative value.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 02:40:52 AM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #148 on: September 04, 2021, 02:22:51 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #149 on: September 04, 2021, 02:59:36 AM »
I have asked you the same question on multiple occasions and you responded with the go nowhere response of "I'll answer your question if you first answer my question" but I do see after more than a week, that 5 minutes before my post you gave an answer. Hooray.

But your answer you gave, that you believe that a cab did take Oswald to his rooming house but just not Whaley's cab is pretty funny and it makes me wonder why you fought so hard and for so long against Whaley's journey when another cab get's you no closer to proving Oswald's "innocence", and this attitude of wasting your time and simply replacing "A" with "B" to get the same result goes a long way to proving to me that you are not here to solve anything.

JohnM

My Dear Johnny...You seem to be confused.... What the hell do you mean by " makes me wonder why you fought so hard and for so long against Whaley's journey"   You clearly are confused. You seem to be confusing me with some other person.... I have long said that Whaley did in fact transport some young man to Oakcliff ....  But that man was NOT Lee Oswald.  Now  extract your head and READ what I've posted.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #150 on: September 04, 2021, 03:11:08 AM »
That is the strength of the LN position - a narrative.

If that "narrative" was the result of a fair and balanced investigation you might have a point. Since it clearly wasn't, you haven't
It is more like the weakness of the lone assassin position is actually conjecture. For example----
This is what we would expect if it is Oswald. That he gets dropped off past his address is easily explained as someone on the run wanting to check if anyone is waiting for him outside where he lives.
Speculation straight from the imagination of David Belin.
There were other tenants that lived at the Beckley house if I am correct...so how would Oswald know if someone in particular was 'waiting for him'?
From reply #169----
you fought so hard and for so long against Whaley's journey when another cab get's you no closer to proving Oswald's "innocence"
The official bus/taxi narrative does not prove Oswald's guilt either.
The only one 'obsessing' here is the creator of this thread by orchestrating it to begin with.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #150 on: September 04, 2021, 03:11:08 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #151 on: September 04, 2021, 03:55:46 AM »
My Dear Johnny...You seem to be confused.... What the hell do you mean by " makes me wonder why you fought so hard and for so long against Whaley's journey"   You clearly are confused. You seem to be confusing me with some other person.... I have long said that Whaley did in fact transport some young man to Oakcliff ....  But that man was NOT Lee Oswald.  Now  extract your head and READ what I've posted.

The Whaley journey under discussion is the one where Whaley transported Oswald but now you seem to be saying that there were two young men, both slender, both about 5'8", both wearing a shiny bracelet on their left wrist, both looked to be 25-26yo, both wearing a dark shirt, both were going to Beckley, both said a lady was trying catch a cab at the same time and they both left Dallas within minutes of each other, and you say that I'm the one who's confused?  :D

JohnM
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 04:19:30 AM by John Mytton »