Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why are the CT's so obsessed with disproving the innocent Bus and Cab rides?  (Read 50890 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Why are the CT's so obsessed with disproving the innocent Bus and Cab rides?
« Reply #88 on: September 01, 2021, 09:58:28 PM »
Advertisement
You didn't mention Whaley was describing the man's clothes from a block away.

Mr. WHALEY. No, sir, there was no one at the Greyhound stand and when I unloaded at the door I just pulled up about 30 feet to the stand and stopped and then I wanted a package of cigarettes, I was out so I started to get out and I saw this passenger coming so I waited for him.
Mr. BALL. He was coming down the street?
Mr. WHALEY. He was walking down the street.
Mr. BALL. What street was he walking down?
Mr. WHALEY. Lamar.
Mr. BALL. Would that mean he was walking south on Lamar?
Mr. WHALEY. He was walking south on Lamar from Commerce when I saw him.
Mr. BALL. That would be on which side of the street?
Mr. WHALEY. The west side of the street.
Mr. BALL. South on Lamar?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Did you notice how he was dressed?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir. I didn't pay much attention to it right then. But it all came back when I really found out who I had. He was dressed in just ordinary work clothes. It wasn't khaki pants but they were khaki material, blue faded blue color, like a blue uniform made in khaki. Then he had on a brown shirt with a little silverlike stripe on it and he had on some kind of jacket, I didn't notice very close but I think it was a work jacket that almost matched the pants.
He, his shirt was open three buttons down here. He had on a T-shirt. You know, the shirt was open three buttons down there.

Now it's important what Whaley saw about the man's clothing when he was near him: "Yes, sir; he had on a bracelet of some type on his left arm. It looked like an identification bracelet. Just shiny, you know, how you see anything shiny, an unusual watchband or something shiny, you notice things like that." and ...

Mr. BALL. I have some clothing here. Commission Exhibit No. 150, does that look like the shirt?
Mr. WHALEY. That is the shirt, sir, it has my initials on it.
Mr. BALL. In other words, this is the shirt the man had on?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir; that is the same one the FBI man had me identify.
Mr. BALL. This is the shirt the man had on who took your car at Lamar and Jackson?
Mr. WHALEY. As near as I can recollect as I told him. I said that is the shirt he had on because it had a kind of little stripe in it, light-colored stripe. I noticed that.

Mr. WHALEY. I am not sure about the pants. I wouldn't be sure of the shirt if it hadn't had that light stripe in it. I just noticed that.

Mr. BALL. Here is Commission No. 162 which is a gray jacket with zipper.
Mr. WHALEY. I thank that is the jacket he had on when he rode with me in the cab.
Mr. BALL. Look something like it?
And here is Commission Exhibit No. 163, does this look like anything he had on?
Mr. WHALEY. He had this one on or the other one.

Whaley seems pretty unsure on that point. Remember his earlier comments didn't include the "jacket". Here he seems to be calling the shirt a "jacket":

Mr. WHALEY. That jacket now it might have been clean, but the jacket he had on looked more the color, you know like a uniform set, but he had this coat here on over that other jacket, I am sure, sir.

Yer right I didn't mention that Whaley was describing the man's clothing from a block away.    And the reason I didn't is because that argument is totally absurd....    At least it is to an intelligent and rational person....  Can you tell me how Whaley would have known that the man wanted to hire his cab when the man was a block away and merely walking along the sidewalk??   Perhaps the guy had cell phone and phoned Whaley??   

JFK Assassination Forum

Re: Why are the CT's so obsessed with disproving the innocent Bus and Cab rides?
« Reply #88 on: September 01, 2021, 09:58:28 PM »

Offline Richard Smith

« Reply #89 on: September 01, 2021, 10:40:22 PM »

Why create the BusCab Hoax in the first place?

Let's pretend....  That Lee thought that he was participating in a hoax that was intended to make it appear that he had fired at JFK.    Let's say that the conspirators who were playing him for a sucker told him that they would have a Light colored Rambler Station wagon ready to pick him up and whisk him away from the scene of the ATTEMPTED assassination.    And if you believe Roger Craig,  that's exactly what happened....

The conspirators certainly would not have wanted to be connected to their patsy, Lee Oswald, and witnesses with cameras could easily have recorded Lee's departure in that US government Rambler Station Wagon ....Thus they would have been prepared to provide an alternate means for the patsy to have left the scene.     And the patsy would have played along with that ruse......

I have a question that has bugged me for years....   Roger Craig said that he heard a sharp loud whistle just before the young man ran down the slope and jumped into the light colored Rambler.

My Question:...    Was Lee in the habit of whistling to get someone's attention.   Many men ( and some women) are very good at producing a shrill blast when they want to get somebody's attention.....  Was Lee Oswald one of those people?

I know that I'll regret asking this question, but why would the conspirators who are trying to frame Oswald for the crime provide him with a get away car to escape the crime scene?  And thus, risk being seen by someone (in fact that is exactly what you are claiming) and then have the added difficulty of planning an elaborate bus AND cab ride story to cover this inexplicable decision with all that entails (i.e. somehow knowing which bus and cab was in the area and convincing all the random folks on the bus not to blow the story and on and on).  Faking the bus and cab ride is very silly and risky for no apparent purpose.  Particularly for someone trying to frame Oswald rather than assist him.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #90 on: September 01, 2021, 10:59:10 PM »
I know that I'll regret asking this question, but why would the conspirators who are trying to frame Oswald for the crime provide him with a get away car to escape the crime scene?  And thus, risk being seen by someone (in fact that is exactly what you are claiming) and then have the added difficulty of planning an elaborate bus AND cab ride story to cover this inexplicable decision with all that entails (i.e. somehow knowing which bus and cab was in the area and convincing all the random folks on the bus not to blow the story and on and on).  Faking the bus and cab ride is very silly and risky for no apparent purpose.  Particularly for someone trying to frame Oswald rather than assist him.

And if Whaley is part of the BusCab Hoax why is he giving information that contradicts the timeline the hoaxers are trying to establish?
Hasn't he been coached what to say?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #90 on: September 01, 2021, 10:59:10 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #91 on: September 01, 2021, 11:20:15 PM »
And if Whaley is part of the BusCab Hoax why is he giving information that contradicts the timeline the hoaxers are trying to establish?
Hasn't he been coached what to say?

There's no doubt that Whaley is part of the Bus/Cab tale......  He unwittingly got himself involved when he started bragging to his fellow cabbies about how he unknowingly had transported the killer to Oakcliff just minutes after the shooting.

If he'd been smart he would have immediately recanted  and told the police that he'd just been BSin his buddies, when the police arrived and wanted to know about the event.  But Whaley wasn't very bright and continued to tell the story about how he'd picked up the man at the Greyhound buss depot and delivered him to the 500 block of Beckley.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #92 on: September 01, 2021, 11:29:52 PM »
There's no doubt that Whaley is part of the Bus/Cab tale......  He unwittingly got himself involved when he started bragging to his fellow cabbies about how he unknowingly had transported the killer to Oakcliff just minutes after the shooting.

If he'd been smart he would have immediately recanted  and told the police that he'd just been BSin his buddies, when the police arrived and wanted to know about the event.  But Whaley wasn't very bright and continued to tell the story about how he'd picked up the man at the Greyhound buss depot and delivered him to the 500 block of Beckley.

Errr...
So you're saying Whaley did actually take Oswald to Beckley?
Or are you saying he didn't take Oswald but was just making it up to impress his buddies?
And when it so happened the hoaxers needed a cab driver to be part of the BusCab Hoax he seemed the obvious choice?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #92 on: September 01, 2021, 11:29:52 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #93 on: September 01, 2021, 11:32:26 PM »

Yer right I didn't mention that Whaley was describing the man's clothing from a block away.    And the reason I didn't is because that argument is totally absurd....    At least it is to an intelligent and rational person....  Can you tell me how Whaley would have known that the man wanted to hire his cab when the man was a block away and merely walking along the sidewalk??   Perhaps the guy had cell phone and phoned Whaley??

Whaley meant the man he saw from a distance would become his passenger. Geeze, you think the explanation was that Whaley could read what was on someone's else mind? Can't be you who's "intelligent and rational". Ever hear tell of Occam's Razor?

From a distance, Whaley noticed Oswald was waking and behaving oddly. Wonder why Oswald caught his attention? Same thing might have caught Tippit's attention.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 03:28:55 AM by Jerry Organ »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #94 on: September 01, 2021, 11:44:14 PM »

I wonder how the hoaxers kept the bus company quiet about the fake transfer and how they kept the Yellow Cab Co. quiet about the fake manifest.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #94 on: September 01, 2021, 11:44:14 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #95 on: September 01, 2021, 11:46:28 PM »
I wonder why the hoaxers didn't tell Whaley to say he dropped Oswald at his rooming house.