Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why are the CT's so obsessed with disproving the innocent Bus and Cab rides?  (Read 50960 times)

Online Dan O'meara

Advertisement
The record shows who arrived late, but nice try, Danny.

Most criminals make mistakes, especially when they are in a hurry.

Hint: which came first, the bus ride or the cab ride?

:D
Exactly as I predicted - ignore the question/points raised and ask a stupid question of your own.
Now all that needs to happen is for you to have a little cry about not having your stupidly obvious question answered.

Keep buzzing McFly

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Bill Chapman

Thanks Dan, the public transport option is the one that goes toward supporting Oswald's innocence and I can't understand why CT's fight so hard to refute it??

JohnM

'Oswald's innocence'
> Say what?

Offline Walt Cakebread

You always seem to arrive late.

What does Whaley's manifest tell you?

Take your time.

Just a couple of entries  reveal a wealth of information....Entry #14 says that:...... Whaley picked up a passenger at 12:30 at the Greyhound Bus  depot and transported the passenger to 500 N. Beckley. This passenger departed his cab at 12:45 at 500 N. Beckley in Oakcliff.  He charged his  passenger 95 cents.  Then entry # 15 says that he picked up a passenger at "station" at 1:00 pm and delivered that person to the Greyhound depot at 1:15 pm. He charged this passenger 55 cents, so this trip was about 40% shorter than the previous trip to 500 N. Beckley.  At any rate Whaley logged that he picked up this fare at 1:00pm and was back at the Greyhound depot at 1:15.

A) Whaley picked up his passenger who was dressed in a BLUE JACKET  and BLUE trousers at 12:30.   

Lee Oswald was still at the TSBD at 12:30 

Whaley dropped the passenger who was wearing a BLUE JACKET and  BLUE trousers at 500 N. Beckley at 12:45 . He was four blocks past the rooming house when his passenger got out of his taxi.  Lee Oswald arrived at the rooming house at 1:00pm....  So it would have taken Lee 15 minutes to walk four blocks if he would have been Whaley's passenger.  ( recall that the LNer's believe that Lee traveled a mile from the rooming house to 10th & Patton in just 4 minutes)

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Dan O'meara

Re: Why are the CT's so obsessed with disproving the innocent Bus and Cab rides?
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2021, 01:26:58 AM »

You're obviously struggling with both the bus ride and the cab ride.

I have no problem with Oswald taking the bus, abandoning it, then getting a cab.
I believe that's how he got to the rooming house.
It's you who's struggling with Oswald's movements. I have a vague memory you believe something really wacky but I can't remember what it is, just that you didn't have the balls to openly state it and someone else had to do it for you.

I offered you free advise to at least get you moving and you start As I was walking a' alane, I heard twa corbies makin' a mane. The tane untae the tither did say, Whaur sail we gang and dine the day, O. Whaur sail we gang and dine the day?  It's in ahint yon auld fail dyke I wot there lies a new slain knight; And naebody kens that he lies there But his hawk and his hound, and his lady fair, O. But his hawk and his hound, and his lady fair.  His hound is to the hunting gane His hawk to fetch the wild-fowl hame, His lady ta'en anither mate, So we may mak' our dinner swate, O. So we may mak' our dinner swate.  Ye'll sit on his white hause-bane, And I'll pike oot his bonny blue e'en Wi' ae lock o' his gowden hair We'll theek oor nest when it grows bare, O. We'll theek oor nest when it grows bare.  There's mony a ane for him maks mane But nane sail ken whaur he is gane O'er his white banes when they are bare The wind sail blaw for evermair, O. The wind sail blaw for evermair.'ing!

The word you're looking for is "advice".
Feel free to keep any advice you're offering to yourself

Are you really expecting me to spoon feed you every piece of evidence in the case?

You've never spoon fed me any evidence. Ever.
You never answer a direct question or deal with any issue raised that you can't explain.

This is how you answer a direct question.

Looking at the above manifest, in particular entry #14, the first thing to notice is the "P" in the left hand column. This indicates the fare was a 'pick-up'. 8 of Whaley's fares that day were 'pick-ups' and 13 were 'calls'. If the passenger was Oswald fleeing the TSBD we would expect him to be a 'pick up'.
The next relevant column tells us the pick-up point was 'Greyhound'. This is a reference to the Greyhound bus station at 207 Lamar Street. Whaley was parked on Lamar close to Jackson. He spotted 'Oswald' approaching south on Lamar. This is the direction we would expect Oswald to be approaching from if he'd abandoned the bus on Elm St.
The next column tells us the destination was '500 No. Beckley', the 500 block on North Beckley Avenue (note no specific house number is given). This is the street Oswald lives on, so the fare travels from close to the TSBD to close to 1026 North Beckley. This is what we would expect if it is Oswald. That he gets dropped off past his address is easily explained as someone on the run wanting to check if anyone is waiting for him outside where he lives.
The next column reports the fare as 95 cents (incorrectly reported as 85 cents by Fritz)
The next column indicates it was a single passenger as we would expect if it was Oswald.
The next two columns record the time picked up and dropped off. It must be noted that all the figures in these two columns are estimations. This is clear by the fact all the numbers are rounded up to either 5 or 0. The 8 fares between 11:00am and 2:45pm are all given in 15 minute blocks. This tallies with Whaley's account of not using a watch and estimating his times. The best we can say is that Whaley picks up this fare somewhere between 12:30pm and 12:45pm. As we would expect if it was Oswald after abandoning the bus.
The next two columns indicate that the distance travelled was 3 miles. All the figures in these columns are also rounded up. The actual distance of the trip is 2.6 miles and takes around 7 minutes.

There is nothing in Whaley's manifest that is inconsistent with the account of Oswald catching a cab after abandoning the bus.

The question is - why would anyone want to fake the bus ride and cab ride? What's the point? Why not just fake one or the other?
And if you believe they are fake then how did he get to the rooming house?

Offline Richard Smith

Re: Why are the CT's so obsessed with disproving the innocent Bus and Cab rides?
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2021, 01:37:13 AM »
I have no problem with Oswald taking the bus, abandoning it, then getting a cab.
It's you who's struggling with Oswald's movements. I have a vague memory you believe something really wacky but I can't remember what it is, just that you didn't have the balls to openly state it and someone else had to do it for you.

You never answer a direct question or deal with any issue raised that you can't explain.

Looking at the above manifest, in particular entry #14, the first thing to notice is the "P" in the left hand column. This indicates the fare was a 'pick-up'. 8 of Whaley's fares that day were 'pick-ups' and 13 were 'calls'. If the passenger was Oswald fleeing the TSBD we would expect him to be a 'pick up'.
The next relevant column tells us the pick-up point was 'Greyhound'. This is a reference to the Greyhound bus station at 207 Lamar Street. Whaley was parked on Lamar close to Jackson. He spotted 'Oswald' approaching south on Lamar. This is the direction we would expect Oswald to be approaching from if he'd abandoned the bus on Elm St.
The next column tells us the destination was '500 No. Beckley', the 500 block on North Beckley Avenue (note no specific house number is given). This is the street Oswald lives on, so the fare travels from close to the TSBD to close to 1026 North Beckley. This is what we would expect if it is Oswald. That he gets dropped off past his address is easily explained as someone on the run wanting to check if anyone is waiting for him outside where he lives.
The next column reports the fare as 95 cents (incorrectly reported as 85 cents by Fritz)
The next column indicates it was a single passenger as we would expect if it was Oswald.
The next two columns record the time picked up and dropped off. It must be noted that all the figures in these two columns are estimations. This is clear by the fact all the numbers are rounded up to either 5 or 0. The 8 fares between 11:00am and 2:45pm are all given in 15 minute blocks. This tallies with Whaley's account of not using a watch and estimating his times. The best we can say is that Whaley picks up this fare somewhere between 12:30pm and 12:45pm. As we would expect if it was Oswald after abandoning the bus.
The next two columns indicate that the distance travelled was 3 miles. All the figures in these columns are also rounded up. The actual distance of the trip is 2.6 miles and takes around 7 minutes.

There is nothing in Whaley's manifest that is inconsistent with the account of Oswald catching a cab after abandoning the bus.

The question is - why would anyone want to fake the bus ride and cab ride? What's the point? Why not just fake one or the other?

Outstanding post Dan.  Don't hold your breath on getting any reasoned response.  It has always amazed me how CTers struggle against the bus to nowhere and cab ride.  Imagine the difficulties and risks to the conspirators to fake all this.  And why fake both a bus and cab ride?  It makes no sense as a planned event as it achieves nothing from a conspirator's viewpoint but introduces a great deal of complexity.  How do they know, for example, which bus and cab are in the area?  How do they convince random bus passengers and a cab driver to lie or at least not to blow the whole story by contradicting it?  And on and on.  And that doesn't even get into Oswald himself admitting it. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2021, 01:37:13 AM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2021, 02:03:40 AM »
Outstanding post Dan.  Don't hold your breath on getting any reasoned response.  It has always amazed me how CTers struggle against the bus to nowhere and cab ride.  Imagine the difficulties and risks to the conspirators to fake all this.  And why fake both a bus and cab ride?  It makes no sense as a planned event as it achieves nothing from a conspirator's viewpoint but introduces a great deal of complexity.  How do they know, for example, which bus and cab are in the area?  How do they convince random bus passengers and a cab driver to lie or at least not to blow the whole story by contradicting it?  And on and on.  And that doesn't even get into Oswald himself admitting it.

Thanks Richard.

Because I find it difficult to believe Oswald acted alone I am a CTer by default, which I find quite embarrassing as I'm lumped in with the  nutjobs pretending to find the "truth" but who are in fact propping up their fragile egos.
I find the only reasonable voices on this forum belong (almost exclusively) to LNers but any reasonable discussion would be instantly swamped by the aggressively rabid rantings of the unstable.
I feel there are issues with the LN position but not many. I certainly believe that once Oswald leaves the TSBD after the assassination he is on the run and he is on his own. He has no plan except to get his gun and head for the border but his encounter with Tippit has him hiding out in the Texas Theater where he is caught.

And don't worry, I won't be holding my breath waiting for a reasoned response from Otto  Thumb1:

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2021, 02:31:51 AM »

Now, that's an astute bit of reasoning!!

WOW! Another brilliant observation.  However you neglected   to mention that Whaley said that he was at the bus depot at 12:30 and Lee Oswald was still at the TSBD at 12:30, Whaley also noticed that the man was dressed in a BLUE JACKET, and BLUE trousers, and of course Lee Oswald was NOT wearing a BLUE JACKET o r BLUE trousers. So you're flat wrong in naming Lee Oswald as that man.

What an utterly absurd idea!!.....The time would have been about 12:40 ( because Whaley logged his passenger out of his taxi at 12:45.  Just plain old common sense would tell a reasonable person that the police couldn't be at the rooming house just ten minutes after the shooting. This idea is actually a real hoot and  belly buster.  One caveat....    The police could have been at the rooming house if they had fore knowledge that Oswald was the designated patsy and he was living at 1026 N. Beckley.     DO YOU BELIEVE THE POLCE HAD FORE KNOWLEDGE?

Fritz did not "incorrectly" report what Lee told him.   There were other officers in the room and they recorded that Lee said he paid the driver of the taxi he was in, 85 cents.   You know this is the truth, so why do you embarrass yourself with such a blatant lie?

The fact that the man was alone is somehow evidence that the man was Lee Oswald!1    :D

Wow! another absurd conclusion!.....  Whaley's trip manifest says that he dropped his passenger at 12:45 and then drove to "station" and picked up another passenger at 1:00 pm , and he was back at Greyhound at 1:15.....  He couldn't have picked up the man who was wearing a BLUE JACKET and delivered him to 500 N. Beckley much later than 12:35 , and then made it to "station" in time to pick up another passenger at 1:00pm.

What was the elapsed time when the WC had Whaley re-enact his trip.?...   

At last...A reasonable and truthful statement.....EXCEPT.....  Lee told the interrogators that he rode in a CITY cab and the fare was 85 cents, so he was NOT in Whaley's taxi....

« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 04:45:05 AM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2021, 02:31:51 AM »

Offline Vincent Baxter

« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2021, 02:42:40 AM »
As much as I'm enjoying reading all the posts in this thread is anyone actually going to come up with an explanation of how Oswald got from Dealey Plaza to his Rooming House in less than half an hour if the bus and taxi ride combo is actually nonsense?