Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why are the CT's so obsessed with disproving the innocent Bus and Cab rides?  (Read 50612 times)

Offline Zeon Mason

Advertisement
This jacket problem is very confusing.

Was the CE 163 jacket ( the BLUE jacket)  found in the Domino room a month after the assassination or not?

If it was. Then Walt is correct in surmising how could Whaleys “Oswald” passenger be  wearing a BLUE jacket unless there was a THIRD unaccounted for blue jacket?

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Walt Cakebread

This jacket problem is very confusing.

Was the CE 163 jacket ( the BLUE jacket)  found in the Domino room a month after the assassination or not?

If it was. Then Walt is correct in surmising how could Whaleys “Oswald” passenger be  wearing a BLUE jacket unless there was a THIRD unaccounted for blue jacket?

You're making this issue far more complicated than it actually  is....   

The relevant point ... The crux....  Lee Oswald was NOT wearing a jacket when he left the TSBD.......It was established by the WC that all witnesses who saw Lee after he left the TSBD and when he arrived at the rooming house said that He was wearing a brown shirt...   However, Bill Whaley said the man who entered his cab at 12:30 ( Lee was at the TSBD at 12:30) was wearing a jacket ...It was a BLUE  jacket.   Whaley said the mans trouser were also BLUE and made from the same material as the Jacket.

Bottom Line....  Lee Oswald was not wearing a BLUE jacket nor were his trousers BLUE....  Whaley's passenger was NOT Lee Oswald.

Icing on the cake....  Whaley said that his passenger gave him a dollar in payment for the ride. ( He recorded the fare as 95 cents on his manifest.)   Lee Oswald told the interrogators that he paid the cabbie 85 cents.  the difference between 85 cents and 95 cents reflects 1/10 of a mile ....  IOW...Lee exited his taxi about a tenth of a mile less than Whaley's passenger...

Proof of the color of Lee Oswald's shirt and trousers was provided by DPD detective Potts  who found the clothing that Lee left in his room at 1:00 pm.  Potts listed the shirt as...Reddish Brown long sleeve shirt with a BUTTON DOWN COLLAR. and gray trousers.

Offline Jerry Organ

You're making this issue far more complicated than it actually  is....   

The relevant point ... The crux....  Lee Oswald was NOT wearing a jacket when he left the TSBD.......It was established by the WC that all witnesses who saw Lee after he left the TSBD and when he arrived at the rooming house said that He was wearing a brown shirt...   However, Bill Whaley said the man who entered his cab at 12:30 ( Lee was at the TSBD at 12:30) was wearing a jacket ...It was a BLUE  jacket.   Whaley said the mans trouser were also BLUE and made from the same material as the Jacket.

Bottom Line....  Lee Oswald was not wearing a BLUE jacket nor were his trousers BLUE....  Whaley's passenger was NOT Lee Oswald.

Whaley didn't say the jacket and trousers were blue.

Mr. BALL. Did you notice how he was dressed?

Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir. I didn’t pay much attention to it right then. But it
     all came back when I really found out who I had. He was dressed in just
     ordinary work clothes. It wasn’t khaki pants but they were khaki material,
     blue faded blue color, like a blue uniform made in khaki. Then he had on a
     brown shirt with a little silverlike stripe on it and he had on some kind
     of jacket, I didn’t notice very close but I think it was a work jacket that
     almost matched the pants.

Whaley might have been confused on the matter of there being a "jacket". The shirt was similar to a jacket.

Mr. BALL. When he came in he was in a shirt?
  Mrs. ROBERTS. He was in his shirt sleeves.
  Mr. BALL. What color was his shirt? Do you know?
  Mrs. ROBERTS. I don't remember. I didn't pay that much attention
     for I was interested in the television trying to get it fixed.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Walt Cakebread

Your "Reality Check" went down in flames instantly after clicking the Whaley link:

William Wayne Whaley had been a cab driver in Dallas, Texas, for 37
years as of Friday, November 22, 1963. On that date, at approximately
12:48 PM, Mr. Whaley had the very unique experience of having a
Presidential assassin, Lee Harvey Oswald, get into his "1961 Checker"
taxicab at the Greyhound Bus Station in downtown Dallas.

Whaley was long gone by 12:48 as confirmed by the 11/29 FBI report.

Whaley said that he pulled up to the front of the bus station at 12:30 and was going to go inside to buy a pack of cigarettes, as he started toward the bus station a young man who was wearing a BLUE JACK and BLUE trousers approached and asked to hire the taxi.  Whaley got back behind the wheel and his passenger entered and sat in the front seat beside him.

Online Mitch Todd

Whaley might have been confused on the matter of there being a "jacket". The shirt was similar to a jacket.

For that matter, here's Whaley's original affidavit:

https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth340356/m1/1/?q=whaley

In it he describes his passenger as "small, 5'8 or so, slender, had on a dark shirt with white spots of something on it. he had a bracelet on his left wrist. He looked like he was 25 or 26 years old."

Nothing about a jacket, blue or not. For that matter, nothing about blue, either.

And here is Whaley describing his passenger in the FBI's 11/23/63 interview report:

Whaley described the passenger "wearing a heavy identification bracelet on his left wrist, he appeared to need a haircut, and was dressed in gray khaki pants which looked like they had been slept in. He had on a dark colored shirt with some light color in it. The shirt had long sleeves and the top two or three buttons were unbuttoned. The color of the shirt nearly matched the pants, but was somewhat darker. The man wore no had.  He appeared to be 25 years of age, 5' 7" to 8" tall, about 135 pounds with brown hair thick on top."

Also, no jacket was described, and no blue anywhere.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 07:07:24 PM by Mitch Todd »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Walt Cakebread

blue faded blue color, like a blue uniform made in khaki.
Then he had on a

Lee was NOT wearing a Jacket!   And his trousers were not BLUE.....  And in this case KHAKI is not a color but a type of material....Whaley was probably describing a cotton twill fabric....

Mr Organ you've really gone down hill in the reasoning venue....   I'm surprised that you would attempt to deny that Whaley said that his passenger was wearing a BLUE  jacket, and BLUE trousers.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 07:01:00 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Jerry Organ

For that matter, here's Whaley's original affidavit:

https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth340356/m1/1/?q=whaley

In it he describes his passenger as "small, 5'8 or so, slender, had on a dark shirt with white spots of something on it. he had a bracelet on his left wrist. He looked like he was 25 or 26 years old."

Nothing about a jacket, blue or not. For that matter, nothing about blue, either.

And here is Whaley describing his passenger in the FBI's 11/23/63 interview report:

Whaley described the passenger "wearing a heavy identification bracelet on his left wrist, he appeared to need a haircut, and was dressed in gray khaki pants which looked like they had been slept in. He had on a dark colored shirt with some light color in it. The shirt had long sleeves and the top two or three buttons were unbuttoned. The color of the shirt nearly matched the pants, but was somewhat darker. The man wore no had.  He appeared to be 25 years of age, 5' 7" to 8" tall, about 135 pounds with brown hair thick on top."

Also, no jacket was described, and no blue anywhere.

Thank you, Todd. It was just a cherry-pick on their part.  ::)

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Walt Cakebread

Thank you, Todd. It was just a cherry-pick on their part.  ::)

Cherry pick???....  The fact remains that Whaley said his passenger was wearing a BLUE  jacket, and BLUE trousers.

Lee Oswald was not wearing a Jacket ( certainly nothing that could be mistaken as a BLUE JACKET. ) and he was NOT wearing BLUE trousers.