Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Nov 4th 1963 letter from the soviet embassy  (Read 1365 times)

Offline Gerry Down

The Nov 4th 1963 letter from the soviet embassy
« on: August 24, 2021, 01:39:23 PM »
Advertisement
The soviet embassy in Washington DC sent Marina a letter on Nov 4th 1963. For reference, bear in mind that Oswald wrote his mysterious letter on Nov 9th 1963. Apparently, we only have the envelope of this letter and not the letter itself. Here is Marina discussing this envelope in her WC testimony:

Mr. RANKIN. Mrs. Oswald, we will hand you Exhibit 19, which purports to be an envelope from the Soviet Embassy at Washington, dated November 4, 1963, and ask you if you recall seeing the original or a copy of that.
Mrs. OSWALD. I had not seen this envelope before, but Lee had told me that a letter had been received in my name from the Soviet Embassy with congratulations on the October Revolution--on the date of the October Revolution.
Mr. RANKIN. And you think that that came in that Exhibit 19, do you?
Mrs. OSWALD. Yes, because the date coincides, and I didn't get any other letters.
Mr. RANKIN. We offer in evidence Exhibit 19.
The CHAIRMAN. It may be in the record and given the next number.
(The document referred to was marked Commission Exhibit No. 19, and received in evidence.)

Here is the picture of this envelope: https://aarclibrary.org/publib/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh16/html/WH_Vol16_0048a.htm

The question is, seeing how the CIA and FBI were opening soviet embassy mail, how come this letter has never surfaced? The FBI have not provided their copy of the letter (as a result of their opening it and resealing it) and the letter was not found among Oswalds possessions.

What is it about this letter that has prevented it from being made public?

JFK Assassination Forum

The Nov 4th 1963 letter from the soviet embassy
« on: August 24, 2021, 01:39:23 PM »

Offline Gerry Down

Re: The Nov 4th 1963 letter from the soviet embassy
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2021, 03:56:26 AM »
What's interesting here is that the soviet embassy file furnished to the State Department on Nov 30th 1963 contains a list of the correspondences sent and received from the Oswalds to the soviet embassy. Here is the document (which is 60 pages long): https://aarclibrary.org/publib/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh18/html/WH_Vol18_0247b.htm

And guess what, that Nov 4th 1963 letter does not show up.

It looks like the FBI did not want the WC knowing about this letter.

Hmmm.