Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Point Blank: The Ambush of Officer Tippit  (Read 2237 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Point Blank: The Ambush of Officer Tippit
« on: August 22, 2021, 08:58:07 AM »
Advertisement

BILL CHAPMAN

BILL CHAPMAN

BILL CHAPMAN

BILL CHAPMAN

BILL CHAPMAN

-----------------------
LINKS TO MY OTHER
IPAD-FORMATTED
POSTS FOR YOUR
CONVENIENCE
-----------------------

Connally

(Link)

Ticket to Ride

(Link)

Whaley

(Link)

Jarman

(Link)

Markham

(Link)

Callaway

(Link)

Thick as a plank

(Link)

Guided by the Light

(Link)

« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 04:33:25 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

Point Blank: The Ambush of Officer Tippit
« on: August 22, 2021, 08:58:07 AM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

Re: Point Blank: The Ambush of Officer Tippit
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2021, 07:55:32 PM »
The right front seat window on Tippit's car was rolled up or closed. So Oswald must have talked through the little side window vent that cars used to have. It can partially be seen open in the photo below.
It's kind of interesting, to me at least, that Tippit didn't roll down the window to get a full look at Oswald's face first. I would think if he suspected something more about him he would have done that in order to get a full look? And see how the person reacts? That's also Tippit's clipboard inside the window. He didn't write anything down about the stop either.

My guess is that he suspected "something" - Oswald changed walking direction - but I don't think he connected it to the assassination. I simply don't believe he would have checked the suspect out this way if he thought the man was involved in the murder of the president. Yes, a complete hunch on my part.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 09:35:41 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 12:45:48 AM »
The right front seat window on Tippit's car was rolled up or closed. So Oswald must have talked through the little side window vent that cars used to have. It can partially be seen open in the photo below.
It's kind of interesting, to me at least, that Tippit didn't roll down the window to get a full look at Oswald's face first. I would think if he suspected something more about him he would have done that in order to get a full look? And see how the person reacts? That's also Tippit's clipboard inside the window. He didn't write anything down about the stop either.

My guess is that he suspected "something" - Oswald changed walking direction - but I don't think he connected it to the assassination. I simply don't believe he would have checked the suspect out this way if he thought the man was involved in the murder of the president. Yes, a complete hunch on my part.

I doubt if Tippit would have been able to get the drop on Oswald in any case.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 12:45:48 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2021, 01:09:58 AM »

Hi Steve, your image can't be seen on my computer but here is a photo of the opened side vent window.

JohnM

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2021, 01:37:52 AM »
Hi Steve, your image can't be seen on my computer but here is a photo of the opened side vent window.

JohnM
Thanks. I think this is a better one re the vent window. I don't think Tippit stopped Oswald because he thought he was a suspect in the assassination. Oswald did something - changed directions, reacted suddenly when he saw the police car - that Tippit noticed.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2021, 01:37:52 AM »

Offline Richard Smith

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2021, 01:49:21 AM »
Thanks. I think this is a better one re the vent window. I don't think Tippit stopped Oswald because he thought he was a suspect in the assassination. Oswald did something - changed directions, reacted suddenly when he saw the police car - that Tippit noticed.

Yes, I agree 100%.  And for all Oswald knew, he was already a person of interest in the JFK assassination.  He couldn't identify himself to a police officer and risk arrest.  So he only had one option when Tippit decided to get out of the car.

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2021, 02:41:32 AM »
Oswald was emboldened by having assassinated JFK and thought his superior mind was enabling him to get away with it. And that he would continue to get away with it. He also had lost any reservation he had towards taking life, plus police were the natural enemy of political dissidents like himself. A perfect storm.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2021, 02:41:32 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2021, 04:16:04 AM »

BILL CHAPMAN

BILL CHAPMAN

BILL CHAPMAN

BILL CHAPMAN

BILL CHAPMAN

BILL CHAPMAN