Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: A professional analysis of Oswald's alleged last words.  (Read 2144 times)

Offline John Mytton

A professional analysis of Oswald's alleged last words.
« on: August 22, 2021, 07:08:52 AM »
Advertisement
I just came across a site Statement Analysis®,  which is run by an experienced retired interview technique expert Mark McClish who from 1991 to 1999 taught interviewing techniques at the U.S. Marshals Service Training Academy and during his nine years teaching at the Training Academy Mark conducted research on deceptive language and his comments about the alleged last words used by Oswald is very enlightening and well worth a look.

Statement Analysis® is the most accurate way of determining if a person is lying in a verbal or written statement. A person cannot give a lengthy deceptive statement without revealing that it is a lie. This is because people's words will betray them. There are usually several ways you can phrase a statement. People will always word their statement based on all their knowledge. Therefore, their statement may contain information they did not intend to share. Even though people may want to withhold information, they will give us more information than what they realize. Unfortunately, they sometimes give us more information than what we realize. The key is to listen to what people are telling you and to know what to look for in a statement.
https://www.statementanalysis.com/

Some examples that Mark reveals about Oswald's alleged last words;

Oswald's comment, "This is it" or "Well, it's all over now" implies he has done something wrong.

Oswald first stated that he carried a "pistol" into the movie theater. Later he said that he knew he was not supposed to be carrying a "gun." The words pistol and gun do not mean the exact same thing. As I read his statement I do not see a justification for changing the language from pistol to gun. In both statements, he said he was doing the same thing, carrying the firearm. Therefore, his change in language indicates he is being deceptive.

We see he again used the word "never" when denying owning a rifle. He also adds the word "myself" which over emphasizes his denial of owing a gun. The Warren Commission concluded that Oswald purchased the rifle through the mail using an alias and had it delivered to his Post Office box.

Oswald did make a good denial when he said, "I didn't shoot President John F. Kennedy or Officer J.D. Tippit."

Buell Frazier was a co-worker who gave Oswald a ride to work the day the President was shot. Frazier testified that Oswald was carrying a package when Frazier picked him up. Oswald told Frazier that the package contained curtain rods. The authorities believe the packaged contained a rifle. Oswald denies he took a package to work with him that day. He states that Frazier "must have been mistaken." If Oswald did not have a package with him that day, we would expect him to state with certainty that, "Frazier was mistaken" and not that he, "must have been mistaken."

Conclusion

As I previously mentioned not all of these statements credited to Lee Harvey Oswald are exact quotes. We also do not know what questions were asked of Oswald. Based on the statements compiled by Mae Brussell, Oswald does show signs of being deceptive.

Truthful people will usually remain consistent in their language. In referring to the firearm that he was carrying when he was arrested at the movie theater, Oswald sometimes called it a "pistol" and other times called it "gun." He had another change in language when he said he went to "the movie" and later said went to a "picture show." These changes in language indicate his story is not coming from memory.

He started out giving some general and vague denials; "I did not kill anybody" "I haven't shot anybody." A good denial is when a person is very specific; "I did not shoot the President."

He often gave a weak denial using the word never as opposed to saying, "I didn't."

Several times he said he never owned a rifle yet he also said, "I did have a small rifle some years in the past."

Oswald's statement, "Everybody will know who I am now" indicates he believed he would receive a lot of publicity. Most innocent people would not be thinking that.

Later in his statements Oswald did give some good denials saying that he did not shoot the President. However, when we consider everything he said and did not say, his language tells us that he was responsible for shooting President John F. Kennedy and Officer J.D. Tippit.

https://www.statementanalysis.com/cases/lee-harvey-oswald/

JohnM
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 07:10:24 AM by John Mytton »

JFK Assassination Forum

A professional analysis of Oswald's alleged last words.
« on: August 22, 2021, 07:08:52 AM »

Online Charles Collins

Re: A professional analysis of Oswald's alleged last words.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2021, 12:30:49 PM »
Infamous last words:

After James Leavelle handcuffed himself to LHO and jokingly told him that if anyone shoots at LHO, he hoped he was as good a shot as LHO was, LHO smiled and replied that “no one’s going to shoot at me.”

That seems to me to be an obvious lie.  :-\

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 09:24:33 PM »
This pretty much renders the rest of the "analysis" worthless:

"As I previously mentioned not all of these statements credited to Lee Harvey Oswald are exact quotes"

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 09:24:33 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2021, 07:55:30 AM »
Oswald did make a good denial when he said, "I didn't shoot President John F. Kennedy or Officer J.D. Tippit."
On the news camera? I believe it was more like..."No sir, I didn't shoot anybody".

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2021, 02:24:31 PM »
This pretty much renders the rest of the "analysis" worthless:

"As I previously mentioned not all of these statements credited to Lee Harvey Oswald are exact quotes"

Exactly

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2021, 02:24:31 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2021, 02:40:32 PM »
Exactly

Actually the whole damned "analysis " is a crock !     

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2021, 02:47:16 PM »
Exactly

Markham saw — exactly — Oswald murder Tippit in cold blood
Shame on you lot for kneeling at Oswald's grave

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2021, 02:47:16 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2021, 02:49:27 PM »
Actually the whole damned "analysis " is a crock !   

Actually that's not an answer