Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: JFK, RFK and MLK  (Read 2565 times)

Online Vincent Baxter

JFK, RFK and MLK
« on: August 21, 2021, 03:25:07 PM »
Advertisement
So, slightly off topic but I took a bit of time off from my never ending JFK books recently and read a couple of books about the Robert Kennedy and Martin Luther King assassinations. Coming from England, none of these are really taught about in school so a lot of the stuff was relatively new to me.

Obviously numerous conspiracy theories seem to doubt the official version of events around RFK and MLK and I just wondered if there was a pattern whereby JFK CTs generally seem to also believe in conspiracy theories surrounding these other two assassinations and whether people who believe the Oswald LN theory tend to go for the official RFK and MLK verdicts?

For the record I'm an Oswald LNer and, whereby there does seem to be some fishy aspects surrounding the RFK assassination, I'm very much leaning to the fact that they convicted the right people. 
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 03:26:27 PM by Vincent Baxter »

JFK Assassination Forum

JFK, RFK and MLK
« on: August 21, 2021, 03:25:07 PM »

Offline Gerry Down

Re: JFK, RFK and MLK
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2021, 05:20:07 PM »
So, slightly off topic but I took a bit of time off from my never ending JFK books recently and read a couple of books about the Robert Kennedy and Martin Luther King assassinations. Coming from England, none of these are really taught about in school so a lot of the stuff was relatively new to me.

Obviously numerous conspiracy theories seem to doubt the official version of events around RFK and MLK and I just wondered if there was a pattern whereby JFK CTs generally seem to also believe in conspiracy theories surrounding these other two assassinations and whether people who believe the Oswald LN theory tend to go for the official RFK and MLK verdicts?

For the record I'm an Oswald LNer and, whereby there does seem to be some fishy aspects surrounding the RFK assassination, I'm very much leaning to the fact that they convicted the right people.

Vincent Bugliosi thought the RFK assassination was a conspiracy. Though i'm not sure why he reached that conclusion.

Online Robert Reeves

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2021, 05:32:24 PM »
The earliest FBI sketch of the alleged MLK assassin looked almost exactly like one of the three tramps.

Raoul/smallest tramp

The supposed Raoul person James Earl Ray claimed shot MLK. Earl Ray's weird choice of attorney Percy Foreman. Foreman represented various mafia bosses, Jack Ruby, General Walker, Charles Harrelson, etc.

Ann Arbor Sun, October 4, 1974. https://aadl.org/node/197923

This fall, it looks like the assassination of Martin Luther King will be coming back to haunt us.

Six and a half years after the killing, and after wide suspicion that a covered-up conspiracy was responsible for it, the case may be reopened. James Earl Ray, the "lone gunman" now in jail for shooting King, is well on his way toward getting a new trial which his lawyer, Robert I. Livingston, thinks will exonerate him of guilt. Furthermore, Livingston thinks the real killers will be found - and that they will turn out to have had something to do with the shooting of President John Kennedy in 1963.

"There is a possible connection between the Kennedy assassination and the King assassination," says Livingston, "and the whole thing is being covered up by the federal government, the Department of Justice and the State of Tennessee. The more we go into it the more we discover has been covered up here."

On October 22, assuming no legal obstacles arise, Ray will have an evidentiary hearing before U.S. Dist. Judge Robert McRae in Memphis to determine whether he should get a new trial. Ray himself will be among those testifying. Livingston is optimistic about its outcome: "We honestly feel this evidentiary hearing is going to show the world exactly the extent of this coverup."

But to a lot of people something seemed fishy. When Ray was arrested it was noted that he didn't look anything like the original FBI sketch of the killer. (Later versions of the sketch had been redrawn to match Ray's features.) Some police authorities said Ray could not have traveled as freely as he did, nor switched identities with such ease, without organized help. Ray himself maintained to anyone who would listen that he was the tool of a conspiracy. At his guilty plea hearing he tried to tell this to the court, but was stopped by the judge and by his own lawyer, Percy Foreman. A couple of weeks later, Ray tried to revoke his guilty plea, saying he had been pressured into it, but the court turned down this move

. Ray has since been claiming that a man he knew only as "Raoul" did the shooting while he was elsewhere. Last May Ray described for the first time what he did the day King was killed.

Who Is Raoul?

Ray said he met the man named "Raoul" in Canada in 1967, and that Raoul convinced him to join a gun-running team. Ray said the man had him buy the rifle that police discovered in the stairwell. He delivered it to Raoul and another man at the rooming house on April 4, 1968. They gave him $200 and instructed him to go to a movie. He drove to a gas station instead; on coming back, he found "the whole block was sealed off and police were all over the place." He did a U-turn and fled, realizing, he says, how he  had been set up as the fall guy.

The MLK investigators  contacted the Dallas cops photographed with the tramps and questioned them about the MLK alleged assassin.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 05:36:10 PM by Robert Reeves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2021, 05:32:24 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2021, 01:22:13 AM »
The earliest FBI sketch of the alleged MLK assassin looked almost exactly like one of the three tramps.

Raoul/smallest tramp

I think the jutting chin doesn't look very similar but the FBI sketch does look a lot like this guy?

JohnM

Online Robert Reeves

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2021, 01:48:00 AM »
I think the jutting chin doesn't look very similar but the FBI sketch does look a lot like this guy?

JohnM

Whatever, the FBI thought it was something odd, because they sent agents to Dallas to get to the bottom of just whom this guy 'is'.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2021, 01:48:00 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2021, 04:12:07 AM »
Whatever, the FBI thought it was something odd, because they sent agents to Dallas to get to the bottom of just whom this guy 'is'.

That's interesting and the claim that the FBI altered the original sketch is also suspicious, is there any official documentation or examples of the altered and unaltered sketches?

JohnM

Online Robert Reeves

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2021, 10:45:43 AM »
That's interesting and the claim that the FBI altered the original sketch is also suspicious, is there any official documentation or examples of the altered and unaltered sketches?

JohnM

I think I got these documents from Dennis Morrissette's website a long time ago.

The cops involved with investigating MLK's shooting went through the roll call of the three tramps interactions on 11/22/63. Starting with the photographer Bill Allen. They also contacted all the arresting officers, and the chain of command back at the stations. Marvin Wise has testified, in the future, at HSCA hearing interviews that he last knew the names of the three tramps in 1966 when he cleared out his locker and then disposed of the piece of paper the names were written on. But yet just two years later he didn't know them -- he couldn't remember a thing. An inability to identity these tramps runs right through Dallas. It seems almost willful that no one gives a crap about who these three individuals are. The head of the identities division at DPD stated he only looked up the booking jackets (and photos) of everyone arrested on the day of the assassination and did not find anyone that looked like the individual drawn in the first artists impression of the shooter of MLK. We know (now) the three tramps were not photographed or even interviewed. They were released without questioning immediately upon detention. It would be interesting to know if the head of DPD identities was asked to thoroughly investigate the names of the three tramps in the photos. Because DPD somehow managed to produce the three booking jackets in 1992 just before Oliver Stones JFK was released. Makes me wonder why there was no curiosity to discover these identities before.

Marvin Wise stated that the three tramps actually were just released up to 10 minutes after being detained by Decker.

The three tramps were taken into Decker's possession and walked out through the door without ANY questioning. How is that not suspicious?

BTW the revised sketch of the alleged assassin of MLK looks much more like Earl Ray. They scrubbed the sketch of the three tramp looking individual.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 10:46:57 AM by Robert Reeves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2021, 10:45:43 AM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2021, 05:24:08 PM »
Vincent Bugliosi thought the RFK assassination was a conspiracy. Though i'm not sure why he reached that conclusion.

The evidence of more than one shooter in RFK’s murder is overwhelming.

The questions are, who was the other shooter (there are named suspects) and was Sirhan a Patsy?

I believe all three cases were potentially conspiracies but the evidence of conspiracy in RFK’s murder is the strongest…