Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Is this possible?  (Read 17205 times)

Offline Tom Scully

Re: Is this possible?
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2021, 06:14:59 AM »
Advertisement
Is it possible that an individual who believes in a massive conspiracy in the JFKA can also be considered the worlds leading authority on the event? I speak of Jim DiEugenio. I’ve had enough arguments/debates with DiEugenio over the years to recognize one fact: he doesn’t have a layman’s knowledge of the actual event. Why exactly is this individual lionized throughout the CT community?

I've been asking that last question for eight years now....

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2013/01/dvp-vs-dieugenio-part-81.html#The-Stupid-Things-James-DiEugenio-Believes

"How anyone can possibly even begin to take DiEugenio seriously when it comes to the JFK assassination
is a real mystery to me. .... And yet despite the above laundry list of silliness, James DiEugenio is still held
in high esteem by many people when it comes to his evaluation of the evidence and his assessment of the facts
concerning the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. Unbelievable."
-- David Von Pein; January 2013

There are probably a half dozen types of personalities in "this business". I consider it a blessing I've only been involved, in earnest, for the past 12-1/2 years.

Most conduct themselves under "a belief system".

David, remember DiEugenio's reaction to Lance figuring out that the inked number sequence across the front of the disputed Postal Money Order allegedly purchased by Oswald in Dallas that the WC concluded had been deposited in the bank account of Klein's Sporting Goods in Chicago days later, was a tracking number the U.S. Treasury Dept.'s newly implemented automated processing and archiving system had initiated in early 1963?

DiEugenio posted at DPF that the authentication of the Klein's rifle purchase PMO resulting from its blue inked tracking number displayed on its face (Lance had just figured out the placement and purpose of) resulting in retrieval from the newly established automated PMO archive in Arlington, VA (Armstrong claimed it could only be retrieved from the KC PMO Center...) on the evening of 11/23/63 could still not have happened because it was imbedded in John Armstrong's entire scenario of official skullduggery in a coup in which the Assassination of JFK was just one of several "Ops". An example to try to make my point clearer... if John Glenn's capsule had been blown up on a Cape Canaveral launch pad and Castro blamed, the murder of the astronaut by the U.S. JCoS would have been, in the Operation Northwoods plan implementation, what the murder of JFK was in "A Coup in Dallas". In my example, if it was later confirmed that the launch pad explosion resulting in Glenn's death was the result of an accidental system failure, that would be irrelevant if the JCoS had succeeded, JFK having succumbed to the immediate political pressure Operation Northwoods would instigate and stoke, and had ordered the swift invasion of Cuba and the elimination of Castro!

Before I discovered and proved that a new PMO, point of sale printer had been installed in Dallas in January, 1963 as part of a national rollout over several months that had been announced in mid 1962, resulting in the elimination of the Post Office contract with the Federal Reserve for manual keypunching of the dollar amount of each deposited PMO during a Fed. Res. regional bank clearing process, and Lance Payette presented his tracking number analysis,
http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2015/10/jfk-assassination-arguments-part-1058.html

... I had been impressed by DiEugenio's critical opinion of the result of John Simkin encouraging and promoting Peter Janney's claims about the murderer of Mary Meyer.

https://www.kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/update-beware-the-douglas-janney-simkin-silver-bullets
Update: Beware the Douglas, Janney, Simkin Silver Bullets
Apr 15, 2008 — But let us move on to Simkin and Mary Meyer. On the thread he created, Simkin tried to say that accusing him of having Bill O'Reilly type ...

https://www.kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-reviews/janney-peter-mary-s-mosaic-part-2
Peter Janney, Mary's Mosaic (Part 2) - Kennedys and Kinghttps://www.kennedysandking.com › janney-peter-mar...
Jul 12, 2012 — The first two people to inform me of Peter Janney's upcoming book on Mary Meyer were Lisa Pease and John Simkin.

I was impressed enough to "rattle" Simkin and his friend HP Albarelli who was a contributor to and enabler of the operating theory of Janney's book, "Mary's Mosaic" to get both DiEugenio and I booted from Simkin's forum at the urging of author Albarelli.

David. I know you know how that feels...

After DiEugenio pushed back so insistently against Lance Payette and I in reaction to the impact on John Armstrong's presentation that the Klein's PMO was illegitimate because its serial number was grossly out of sequence compared to PMO serial numbers on Oswald's Dallas Post Office purchases just a few months before that the Dept. of State had received from Oswald by late 1962 to payoff a transportation loan enabling the Oswalds and child to cover exit transit expenses from the USSR to the USA, and a PMO reportedly retrieved from an Arlington, VA location being inconsistent with retrieval from where all paid PMO should have been stored, in KC, MO, a postal PMO authentication, fraud investigation, and archive that John Armstrong was not aware had become obsolete and was winding down operation in March, 1963 to ultimate closure months later.

http://www.uspostalbulletins.com/PDF/Vol83_Issue20338_19621129.pdf#search="money%20order"

DiEugenio and Armstrong supporter David Joseph reacted by using Len Osanic on Black Op Radio to inform "the community" that the archivist in Arlington who reportedly retrieved the Klein's PMO on the evening of 11/23/63 and transported it to the DC home of postal official Marks for a prearranged transfer to SS custody, did not actally exist. I responded by producing the archivist's death certificate which included his home address and occupation identical to the description in WCR docs!

So, by the time I discovered and presented this, DiEugenio's personal attacks as push back no longer stung as much.:

https://jfkfacts.org/provocative-prolific-joan-mellen/#comment-869223
April 12, 2016 at 1:25 pm
https://www.maryferrell.org/pages/Unredacted_-_Episode_1_-_Transcript.html
Unredacted Episode 1: Transcript of Interview with Joan Mellen
Joan Mellen is the author of A Farewell to Justice: Jim Garrison, JFK’s Assassination, and the Case That Should Have Changed History. This interview was conducted on 22 Feb 2006. Tyler Weaver provided the introduction, and the interview was conducted by Rex Bradford.
…….
REX: I – I think –

JOAN: – when Baldwin was present, he was a CIA asset, his brother worked for the International Trade Mart and Clay Shaw, David Baldwin, and these, these are CIA people….

Using only internet resources and in the course of a couple of weeks of part time research I shared in comments on this website, (see- https://jfkfacts.org/assassination/review/who-was-the-only-man-to-ever-face-legal-charges-in-jfks-assassination/#comment-856847 )
I found these details, not published or mentioned, ever, by Joan Mellen.

In the course of attempting to determine if my new fact checked research details were actually original, I found identical details, by author of a biography of Clay Shaw,
Donald H Carpenter.

From Joan Mellen's book.:
https://books.google.com/books?id=9mQtAgAAQBAJ&pg=PT138&lpg=PT138&dq=%22joan+mellen%22+stephen+lemann&source=bl&ots=JQ0cQ7W_xe&sig=zjEbm-HJgiFBiqsZJ_VSNijJh0U&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjAvsOe1YnMAhVLHD4KHdSUDKoQ6AEIQjAF#v=onepage&q=%22joan%20mellen%22%20stephen%20lemann&f=false

The best face I can put on this is that Garrison misled and failed to disclose to his friend, Joan Mellen, and editor of his own book, the co-writer of the JFK the movie screenplay, Zachary Sklar.

The most troubling thing I’ve learned is that almost no one seems to appreciate being exposed to this new information. They already knew what they knew and indicate a preference of not having to consider Garrison’s actual proximity to those even he described as CIA sponsored adversaries. ...

I posted the details of "the CIA people" author Joan Mellen described as examples of "proof" CIA was "thwarting" Garrison's efforts while in fact, the brothers Ms. Mellen named were first cousins of Garrison's wife and author Carpenter in his biography of Clay Shaw proved David Baldwin had made Shaw aware of this at least from the time of Shaw's arrest, and that David Baldwin's wife was step-sister of "WDSU's outside counsel dispensing funds on behalf of CIA to defense lawyers of subpoenaed individuals" Garrison's June, 1967 letter of complaint detailed to the FCC commissioner, in the 2019 comments sections of two articles reporting on the collaboration of Stone and DiEugenio, but the comments sections were later removed.

https://www.thewrap.com/agc-oliver-stone-jfk-destiny-betrayed/

Continued...

« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 09:04:25 AM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2021, 06:14:59 AM »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2021, 06:21:17 AM »
Continued from my last post...

Hopefully it is no small consolation to Paul May that Garrison thoroughly "played" his autobiography editor, Zachary Sklar, who also happened to be Oliver Stone's "JFK, The Movie," screenplay co-writer, through Nicholas Lemann's troublingly unethical efforts.

Ironically, when the late Tom Purvis posted the following comment, "the forum" had been closed for a month because "agitated" John Simkin had closed it after breaking his own forum moderation policies to expel jim DiEugenio and Tom Scully in reaction to their heresy against the fantasy of a "missing" Ray Crumb murder trial witness turned CIA assassin of Mary Meyer on the canal tow path, as advanced by Simkin's friend, Peter Janney in his book, Mary's Mosaic. It turned out DiEugenio could not tolerate this due to evidentiary influences, but because it ran counter to his belief system that "Mary was killed because she knew too much". DiEugenio believes Mary did not have a capacity to be advising JFK on "how the world works," as Peter Janney asserted.

https://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/20298-man-of-a-million-fragments-the-true-story-of-clay-shaw-2013/?tab=comments#comment-275862
Thomas H. Purvis - Posted July 18, 2013

As was long ago indicated on this forum, the Clay Shaw/Garrison case was little more than a massive "smoke screen" that was created in order to mis-direct the attentions of those who were making attempt at resolving the issues of the assassination.

In event there is any difficulty in location of these postings, one may want to look up the terminology "Land Sharks".

Tom

P.S. John.-----Glad to see that you have re-opened the forum. With the 50th anniversary of the event soon approaching there will no doubt be many who are searching for some of the factual truths.

Many of which can be found on this forum.

The "stench" of Lemann's efforts, dating back to 1974, to divert from what the evidence and his undisclosed familial relationships indicate,

https://www.thecrimson.com/article/1974/2/6/the-rise-and-fall-of-big/
The Rise and Fall of Big Jim G.
Politics By Nicholas Lemann
February 6, 1974

...brought to my attention through the research and analysis of the late Tom Purvis, is that Garrison was actually the witting "front man" in an elaborate psy-Op to render absurd the very idea there was strong justification to reopen the WC investigation by late 1966, through Garrison's successful effort that seems to have have been a major influence in delaying any further official inquiry until 1975-76 !

The only other alternative explanation is that Nicholas Lemann and Garrison were both unwitting idiots despite their credentials.

Nicholas Lemann has not disclosed that Thomas was his father and that "the WDSU outside counsel" CIA paymaster in the City of New Orleans in 1967 was his uncle, Stephen.

https://charlierose.com/guests/11110
Zachary Sklar - Charlie Rose
Lists all of Zachary Sklar's appearances on the Charlie Rose program on ... Nicholas Lemann, David Denby, and Zachary Sklar debate Oliver Stone's movie "JFK ...

JFK: The Book of the Film : the Documented Screenplay
https://books.google.com › books
Oliver Stone, ‎Zachary Sklar · 1992 · ‎Performing Arts
The Book of the Film : the Documented Screenplay "Oliver Stone, Zachary Sklar. name names. Isn't it a bit unfair of Lemann to ask Garrison to do what these ..."

Not "unfair" at all, considering Stone and Sklar should have done their homework to discover that David Baldwin's mother-in-law, Mildred Lyons Crumb Lemann was the only fraternal grandmother Nicholas Lemann ever knew, having married Nicholas's widowed grandfather, Monte Lemann in 1947.

The set-up relationships for the marriage, in the year following this 1946 article, of David Baldwin's mother-in-law since 1945, to Edgar Stern's attorney and WDSU ownership partner, Nicholas's grandfather, Monte Lemann.:

http://files.usgwarchives.net/la/orleans/obits/1/l-11.txt
..03004   Lemann - Mildred Crumb Lyons Lemann, A Homemaker, Died Friday At Her Home In New Orleans. She
Was 94. Mrs. Lemann Was A Lifelong Resident Of New Orleans. She Served For Many Years As Chairman Of
The Music Library Fund Of The New Orleans Symphony. She Was In Charge Of The Children's Concerts
Performed By The Symphony. In 1929, She Worked At Metairie Park Country Day School, Where She
Coordinated The School's Non-Academic Activities. Survivors Include A Daughter, Mildred Lyons Baldwin;
A Sister, Ethel Crumb Brett; Two Stepsons, Thomas B. Lemann, And Stephen B. Lemann; Six Grandchildren;
And Four Great-Grandchildren. ..Times Picayune 01-14-1990

But none of the research I've presented should distract from the troubling implications of the shared POV of Stone and DiEugenio.

A response from Oliver Stone that Royell Storing would certainly appreciate! :

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/oliver-stone-dismisses-bill-maher-questions-about-russian-interference-our-intel-agencies-arent-reliable/
August 21, 2020
Director Oliver Stone dismissed a new report on Russian interference during a talk Friday night with Bill Maher.

Maher brought up the Senate Intelligence Committee report on Russia and before he could even finish the question Stone gave a very dismissive hand-wave. Maher continued and said it shows bipartisan agreement on Trump campaign-Russia contacts.

“This guy Konstantin [Kilimnik] who we heard about,” Maher said, “now they are naming him as a Russian intelligence officer. He’s GRU. He was coordinating with Trump’s campaign manager Manafort. And your namesake Roger Stone organized the Wikileaks dump 30 minutes after the Access Hollywood tape came out. You can’t really think that a Russian president — the one that’s in there now — should be able to ratfuck our elections like this, can you?”

“Oh, Bill,” Stone said. “I’ve known you too long, and I think you’re sophisticated enough to know that you have to question everything that comes out of our intelligence agencies. If you haven’t learned that by you, you have a long way to go still.”

“So you think — so they’re lying?” Maher asked.

“The intelligence agencies are not reliable, they’ve been screwing with America going back to the Vietnam War, going back to the Iraq Wars, Afghani wars,” Stone responded. “It’s very hard to find out the truth from them. And everything they publish — the rumors and all of the anonymous sources, the think tanks, the anti-Russia… it all adds up into this ball of wax that becomes enormous. And they have people like you, who are skeptical generally, believing it.”

“They went after Manafort in a way that — it was bizarre,” Stone continued. “He wasn’t that intelligent and he didn’t have that much to say or do about any of this.”

Maher also asked Stone about Aleksei Navalny, the Russian opposition leader who was poisoned recently.

Stone said it requires investigation and added, “We’re in a moment in time when anything about China or Russia is being broadcast loudly to the American people. We have a very effective Western media that does this all the time. You have to go back, and you have been skeptical in the past and asked why do we need enemies?… Why do we want to make this into an issue? Why?”...
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 09:17:46 AM by Tom Scully »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2021, 07:58:53 AM »
So... either Oliver Stone and Jim DiEugenio are heroic truth tellers "canonizing St. Garrison," or they are clueless victims of a political psy-op fronted by Garrison who never suffered a significant career setback resulting from his carnival barker performance on behalf of NOLA, DC, and Langley PTB,

Years after their allegedly bitter divorce, Garrison and David Baldwin's goddaughter and first cousin :

...with these two promoting Garrison's authenticity by attacking him, even though much of what I've presented here indicates Bethel and Lemann were enabling and covering for Garrison's smokescreen.

What Lemann leaves out of his comments in Bethel's recent obituary is that Lemann was still a student at Metarie Country Day School when he first worked for Bethel before he left NOLA to attend Harvard, and that Lemann's first job after Harvard was under Bethel at Washington Monthly!

What would a photo be worth of disinfo agents Garrison, Lemann, and Bethel back slapping and yucking it up after Lemann's GQ article was published just days before the late 1991 release of Stone's, "JFK. The Movie"?

Taking the approach that the opposite of whatever Garrison, Bethel, and Lemann said never results in being misled, has only encouraged me to fully embrace it.

https://www.nola.com/news/courts/article_ad55ed42-7308-11eb-8194-57d5cd366e53.html
February 19, 2021
"...Bethell did manage to write about jazz. His book “George Lewis: A Jazzman From New Orleans,” a biography of the jazz trumpeter, was well received. Nicholas Lemann, who had befriended Bethell when both worked for The Courier, said Bethell wrote a 10,000-word piece, never published, on the cornetist Buddy Bolden.

After a stint at New Orleans magazine, Bethell moved to Washington in 1975, where he was editor of The Washington Monthly and then the Washington editor of Harper’s magazine. He also was a senior editor and columnist at The American Spectator, and he wrote for American Enterprise, the magazine of the American Enterprise Institute. For 25 years, he was a media fellow of the Hoover Institution at Stanford University.

“He lived in the world of the conservative movement,” said Lemann, who went on to be dean of Columbia University’s Graduate School of Journalism and a staff writer for The New Yorker..."
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 08:16:53 AM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2021, 07:58:53 AM »

Offline Mark A. Oblazney

« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2021, 10:03:01 PM »
Continued from my last post...

Hopefully it is no small consolation to Paul May that Garrison thoroughly "played" his autobiography editor, Zachary Sklar, who also happened to be Oliver Stone's "JFK, The Movie," screenplay co-writer, through Nicholas Lemann's troublingly unethical efforts.

Ironically, when the late Tom Purvis posted the following comment, "the forum" had been closed for a month because "agitated" John Simkin had closed it after breaking his own forum moderation policies to expel jim DiEugenio and Tom Scully in reaction to their heresy against the fantasy of a "missing" Ray Crumb murder trial witness turned CIA assassin of Mary Meyer on the canal tow path, as advanced by Simkin's friend, Peter Janney in his book, Mary's Mosaic. It turned out DiEugenio could not tolerate this due to evidentiary influences, but because it ran counter to his belief system that "Mary was killed because she knew too much". DiEugenio believes Mary did not have a capacity to be advising JFK on "how the world works," as Peter Janney asserted.

The "stench" of Lemann's efforts, dating back to 1974, to divert from what the evidence and his undisclosed familial relationships indicate,

https://www.thecrimson.com/article/1974/2/6/the-rise-and-fall-of-big/
The Rise and Fall of Big Jim G.
Politics By Nicholas Lemann
February 6, 1974

...brought to my attention through the research and analysis of the late Tom Purvis, is that Garrison was actually the witting "front man" in an elaborate psy-Op to render absurd the very idea there was strong justification to reopen the WC investigation by late 1966, through Garrison's successful effort that seems to have have been a major influence in delaying any further official inquiry until 1975-76 !

The only other alternative explanation is that Nicholas Lemann and Garrison were both unwitting idiots despite their credentials.

Nicholas Lemann has not disclosed that Thomas was his father and that "the WDSU outside counsel" CIA paymaster in the City of New Orleans in 1967 was his uncle, Stephen.

https://charlierose.com/guests/11110
Zachary Sklar - Charlie Rose
Lists all of Zachary Sklar's appearances on the Charlie Rose program on ... Nicholas Lemann, David Denby, and Zachary Sklar debate Oliver Stone's movie "JFK ...

JFK: The Book of the Film : the Documented Screenplay
https://books.google.com › books
Oliver Stone, ‎Zachary Sklar · 1992 · ‎Performing Arts
The Book of the Film : the Documented Screenplay "Oliver Stone, Zachary Sklar. name names. Isn't it a bit unfair of Lemann to ask Garrison to do what these ..."

Not "unfair" at all, considering Stone and Sklar should have done their homework to discover that David Baldwin's mother-in-law, Mildred Lyons Crumb Lemann was the only fraternal grandmother Nicholas Lemann ever knew, having married Nicholas's widowed grandfather, Monte Lemann in 1947.

The set-up relationships for the marriage, in the year following this 1946 article, of David Baldwin's mother-in-law since 1945, to Edgar Stern's attorney and WDSU ownership partner, Nicholas's grandfather, Monte Lemann.:

But none of the research I've presented should distract from the troubling implications of the shared POV of Stone and DiEugenio.

A response from Oliver Stone that Royell Storing would certainly appreciate! :

Always a pleasure reading your posts, Tom.  Thanks.

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2021, 12:36:16 AM »
Always a pleasure reading your posts, Tom.  Thanks.

Ya know, Mark... a question arising from this "exercise" is influenced by my discovery yesterday of Nicholas Lemann's comments in Tom Bethel's Feb., 2021 Obit, and I think you have the unique insight to evaluate my strong suspicion with.... alacrity.

Excerpted from my post above.:

https://www.nola.com/news/courts/article_ad55ed42-7308-11eb-8194-57d5cd366e53.html
February 19, 2021
"...Bethell did manage to write about jazz. His book “George Lewis: A Jazzman From New Orleans,” a biography of the jazz trumpeter, was well received. Nicholas Lemann, who had befriended Bethell when both worked for The Courier, said Bethell wrote a 10,000-word piece, never published, on the cornetist Buddy Bolden.
..."

My research indicates this area of music history attracted the interest of a narrow, exclusive following.

Hank knew Squirrel...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_O%27Neal
Hank O'Neal -
"During a 40-year career in music, he formed two record companies, Chiaroscuro Records and Hammond Music Enterprises, built two recording studios (WARP and ..."

Of Squirrel, Hank wrote,
https://jazzlives.wordpress.com/2019/01/28/hot-music-good-stories-lasting-friendship-kindnesses-hank-oneal-recalls-squirrel-ashcraft-nov-2-2018/
"..I first learned about Squirrel through EDDIE CONDON’S SCRAPBOOK OF JAZZ (a book Eddie did with Hank) and then through Squirrel’s home recordings, later issued on rare lps by . . . Hank.  Here’s the story of Squirrel’s career — about fifteen years — as an archivist of home recordings, often aluminum, including performances by Johnny Mercer, Joe Rushton, Jimmy McParland, ..Pee Wee Russell, and Squirrel’s later playing career in Washington, D.C., and sidelights on Jean Bach, Jimmy Dorsey, and jazz reunions at Princeton University from 1975-79:.."

"...He was also the man who first introduced me to an active jazz musician, in this case, Jimmy McPartland. Later, he would introduce me to many others, and simply because he made the introduction, I was accepted by these men and women without question..."

"...In 1975, Jack Howe liberated a funny little band, affectionately called The Sons of Bix, from cornetist Tom Pletcher. Jack was an amateur tenor saxophone player, who’d been part of the in the Princeton Triangle Jazz band with Squirrel in the 1920s. He augmented the SOBs with Princeton alumni musicians, aided by the likes of Spencer Clarke, Bob Haggart, Max Kaminsky, Maxine Sullivan and others. The band only had one certain engagement each year, to play a class reunion at Princeton. It turned out, however, the band played the reunion of the Class of 1929 or the Class of 1930, every year until at least 1982. Squirrel actually played a little piano on all the dates until 1981. I recorded the performances, which, as often as not, were presented in tents. Squirrel and Jack then chose their favorite tunes, and I arranged for a few LPs to be pressed up and distributed to the dwindling faithful. The records are often spirited, but not landmark recordings. A friendly souvenir, but little more. Much to my surprise, some of them have been listed in Tom Lord’s landmark The Jazz Discography.

In those years, if I had to be in Washington, for whatever reason, Squirrel’s Watson Place apartment was always open, whether Squirrel and his wife, Patter, were in residence or not. I haven’t stayed in a hotel in Washington since 1960; but to confess, I only went back a few times after Squirrel died in 1981. The last time I was there was at the urging of his wife. She telephoned in the mid-1980s and said she was cleaning out files and had found some correspondence from me..."

Mark, in case you've read this far and are wondering what the point is,

https://paw.princeton.edu/memorial/tilbury-ogers-freeman-’29
Tilbury Ogers Freeman ’29
"BUCK DIED Apr. 11, 1991. He had prepared at Irving and Horace Mann Schools, New York Military Academy, and Barnard. At Princeton he was in the Glee Club and belonged to Gateway Club, Bert Seay was his roommate. Upon graduation he went to the National Acceptance Bank of New York, which later merged with the Bank of Manhattan. In 1942 he went to Hamilton Standard Propellers in Hartford. After participating in various business enterprises, he sold his interest in a booming firm and started traveling. His hobby continued to be music, and he served as president of the Plainfield Mendelssohn Glee Club, and was a soloist both there and in the Grace Episcopal Choir. In 1934 he married Irena Alexandrovna Bouche, and she survives, together with a son, Tilbury O. Jr. .."

Edwin "Squirrel" Ashcraft was an authority on 20th century Jazz History. He certainly knew who George Lewis was. Tom Bethel authored the definitive biographer of George Lewis and quite likely was acquainted with Squirrel Ashcraft.

Squirrel also happened to be the boss of William Burke and Lloyd Ray who succeeded Burke as head of the NOLA office of CIA domestic contacts because Squirrel Ashcraft headed that CIA department.

Squirrel's Princeton class of 1929 classmate was "Buck" Freeman of Plainfield, NJ. His name came to my attention because it appears as a sponsor on George Bouhe's application for U.S. citizenship. George Bouhe died in Plainfield, NJ, the city of residence of his sister, Freeman's wife. Buck Freeman certainly knew Squirrel Ashcraft, as his roommate, Bert Seay was a Triangle Players member at Princeton and Buck Freeman attended the class reunions.

https://aarclibrary.org/the-jfk-case-the-twelve-who-built-the-oswald-legend-part-6-white-russians-keep-an-eye-on-oswald-in-dallas/

...De Mohrenschildt was part of St. Nicholas’ choir when married to his Philadelphia wife.  The other church, St. Seraphim’s, was located at 4203 Newton Street in Dallas, where Igor Voshinin attended and services were in English.   Voshinin didn’t like Bouhe because he was very publicly in everyone’s business, saying things like “Well, you know, I forget things – so I keep a file on everybody.”

https://www.cia.gov/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP80B01676R003500010014-0.pdf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bix_Beiderbecke

https://www.google.com/books/edition/Jazz_and_Blues_Musicians_of_South_Caroli/774fEAAAQBAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&dq=squirrel+ashcraft+triangle+players&pg=PA9&printsec=frontcover

https://www.allmusic.com/artist/princeton-triangle-jazz-band-mn0001456742/biography
Princeton Triangle Jazz Band | Biography & History | AllMusic
Two members, cornetist and tenor guitarist Bill Priestley and accordionist Edwin Squirrel Ashcraft, were good friends with Bix Beiderbecke, who attended the ...

http://archives.nypl.org/mus/24607
Eddie Condon papers, late 1800s-2010 [bulk 1935-1973]
... Chicago who were inspired by the trumpeters Louis Armstrong and Bix Beiderbecke. ... of Condon's children), Gene Krupa, and pianist Squirrel Ashcraft.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 12:40:32 AM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2021, 12:36:16 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2021, 01:02:07 AM »
Hi Tom, I don't know if it's an aesthetic decision for your hand drawn underlines and if so then just ignore this post, but there is an easy way to underline using Microsoft Paint and I'm sure there is a similar program on a mac computer where you just define the start and end point and a straight line is produced every time.

JohnM

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2021, 06:35:04 PM »
Hi Tom, I don't know if it's an aesthetic decision for your hand drawn underlines and if so then just ignore this post, but there is an easy way to underline using Microsoft Paint and I'm sure there is a similar program on a mac computer where you just define the start and end point and a straight line is produced every time.

JohnM

"Cyber Parkinson's symptoms" and "an aesthetic decision." do not seem a good fit, John.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/parkinsons-disease/symptoms-causes/syc-20376055

OTOH, reading your tip startles me about my own ignorance and I'm grateful you took the trouble to share your knowledge about an MS Paint feature, which happens to be the image editor I've been (ab)using!

The insecure component of my personality has new cause to worry that readers might be thinking, "well, if he was unaware of such a fix for his chronic, squiggly, underline highlighting, how the hell could he ever summon the knowledge and ability to "school" the smug, dynamic duo, Stone & DiEugenio?"

Pressing on, because someone has to do it. You will not be seeing any of the following from "documentarian, " Jim DiEugenio.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=20298&p=275914
    Thomas H. Purvis – Posted 19 July 2013
    …….
    The “power structure” within New Orleans lies not with those who are currently in what is some temporary political position.

It lies with those who possess the capability to place these persons in the various political positions…

PLEASE BEAR IN MIND THAT THE FACTS I'VE PRESENTED IN THIS THREAD SUPPORT TOM PURVIS'S OPINION GARRISON, TOM BETHELL, HIS FRIEND NICHOLAS LEMANN, HIS UNCLE, STEPHEN B. LEMANN, AND "THE CIA PEOPLE" AUTHOR JOAN MELLEN DESCRIBED TO REX BRADFORD IN A 2006 INTERVIEW, WERE ALL ON THE SAME SIDE, the smokescreen side.

https://jfkfacts.org/provocative-prolific-joan-mellen/#comment-869223
April 12, 2016 at 1:25 pm
https://www.maryferrell.org/pages/Unredacted_-_Episode_1_-_Transcript.html
Unredacted Episode 1: Transcript of Interview with Joan Mellen
Joan Mellen is the author of A Farewell to Justice: Jim Garrison, JFK’s Assassination, and the Case That Should Have Changed History. This interview was conducted on 22 Feb 2006. Tyler Weaver provided the introduction, and the interview was conducted by Rex Bradford.
…….
REX: I – I think –

JOAN: – when Baldwin was present, he was a CIA asset, his brother worked for the International Trade Mart and Clay Shaw, David Baldwin, and these, these are CIA people….

In 2018 and as recently as in 2019, the intrepid, dogged, well respected researcher Bill Kelly emphasized how Dallas RC priest, father Walter Machann had "dropped off the radar" after John Martino's October 1, 1963, three hour long, book promotion presentation to an audience of Dallas Cubans who comprised the most prominent segment of Father Machann's ministry. It helps to have read the book titled, "Kennedy Ripples" in putting the story of Father Walter Machann in perspective. Unlike RC nuns and RC christian brother orders/vocations who take oaths of poverty, chastity, and obedience, RC parish priests are required to take only the latter two oaths and Father Machann seems to have only kept one of them.

http://jfkcountercoup.blogspot.com/2019/08/
Aug 29, 2019 — Silvia Odio's lover Father Walter Machann delivers the invocation at the Martino speech and then abruptly disappears from public life...

http://jfkcountercoup2.blogspot.com/2018/02/more-on-father-machann.html
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2018
More on Father Machann
In regards to the Odio story, I think Father MaChann is an important player and living witness.

Father MacChann catered to the Cuban Community of Dallas, his parish supported by Catholic Welfare, which was in turn backrolled by the CIA front Catherwood Fund, of Philadelphia, Pa....

But, as luck would have it, the "WDSU outside counsel" who also owned at least a ten percent stake in that NOLA media property and whose step-sister, Mildred Lyons Baldwin, happened to be married to Jim Garrison's wife's "godfather and first cousin" and also happened to be the uncle of Nicholas Lemann, author of the hyper-critical, 1991 GQ article resulting in a lawsuit by Perry Russo, and who was described in error by Mary Ferrell,

https://law.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/FSupp/806/603/1747985/
Russo v. Conde Nast Publications, 806 F. Supp. 603 (E.D. La. 1992) case opinion from the US District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana.
...UNDISPUTED FACTUAL BACKGROUND:

In its January, 1992 issue, GQ Magazine published an article entitled "The Case Against Jim Garrison" (hereafter the "GQ article"). The GQ article was written by Nicholas B. Lemann, a New Orleans native and winner of numerous awards for his books and articles. The GQ article was a personal memoir[1] of Lemann's recollections of growing up in New Orleans during District Attorney Jim Garrison's prosecution of Clay Shaw for allegedly conspiring to assassinate JFK.

The 1991 movie release, JFK sparked renewed interest in the assassination as well as the prosecution itself of Clay Shaw. The film was purportedly based on Garrison's book, On the Trail of Assassins, and sympathetically portrayed Garrison.

The GQ article published by Lemann took a different slant, expressing his view that Shaw's prosecution was built on flimsy evidence and was a tremendous embarrassment to the city.[2] The thrust of Lemann's article was his opinion countering that expressed by Stone in his film release JFK, to wit:

Garrison was a public official who had prosecutorial power in his hands, and he used it to bring a man to trial when, by his own admission, he knew he didn't have a real case. With his use of innuendo, his carelessness in flinging the gravest of charges against people, his belief that individual liberties (at least, Clay Shaw's individual liberties) are less important than his attack on what he imagines to be a vast conspiracy destroying America.......

https://www.maryferrell.org/php/marysdb.php?id=5797&search=stephen%20lemann
A Record from Mary's Database
Record: LEMANN, STEPHEN B.
Sources:
-----
Mary's Comments:
Attorney with law firm of Monroe & Lemann. Resident CIA Chief in New Orleans. (See Wm. P. Burke, Jr., Dorothy Brandao, and Hunter C. Leake, III)

...also happened to be aware of what became of Walter Macchann after that RC priest left his Dallas parish.

A 1957 announcement :

« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 07:28:09 PM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2021, 06:35:04 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2021, 09:49:54 PM »
I mean Ted Callaway.

I figured you did, but I read through Callaway's testimony and didn't see anything about a delay.