Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Is this possible?  (Read 17208 times)

Offline Tim Nickerson

Re: Is this possible?
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2021, 09:16:41 PM »
Advertisement
Could you quote the words in the story verbatim?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2021, 09:16:41 PM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2021, 09:34:32 PM »
The "encyclopedia of Jim DiEugenio" is full of false information. He has a poor grasp of the facts surrounding the assassination. It was a shock to me when I came to that realization. Here is something from the last "conversation" that I had with him:

"In Italy, many factories turned out the MC rifle. And there was no regimentation as to the production scheme. If a factory was in Terni, there would be a T prefix and then the number. Therefore, the idea that the serial number was probative is simply wrong."-- James DiEugenio

What I’ve found over the years of studying the Kennedy assassination is that no one is an expert on every aspect of the case. It’s nearly impossible to have an expert level knowledge of the legal stuff, the scientific stuff, the medical stuff, intelligence records, etc. Most researchers know certain aspects like the back of their hands while being a little fuzzy in other areas.

I assume Jim isn’t an expert on firearms fwiw.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2021, 09:36:21 PM »

Thank you ......

"No one has ever been able to put him ( Oswald)  in the Texas School book Depository with a rifle in his hand"

Rather ambiguous ...... IMO Curry said... Nobody saw him ( Lee ) in the TSBD  carrying or handling a rifle ......  Of course Curry would have been referring to the appropriate time period.

Curry's statement doesn't mean a thing......  He might as well as said Nobody saw Santa Clause breaking and entering by sliding down the chimney......   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2021, 09:36:21 PM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2021, 09:57:20 PM »
What I’ve found over the years of studying the Kennedy assassination is that no one is an expert on every aspect of the case. It’s nearly impossible to have an expert level knowledge of the legal stuff, the scientific stuff, the medical stuff, intelligence records, etc. Most researchers know certain aspects like the back of their hands while being a little fuzzy in other areas.

I assume Jim isn’t an expert on firearms fwiw.

The Carcano rifle is a rather big piece of evidence though. Is it not? How is it that DiEugenio could be so ignorant of the facts surrounding it?

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2021, 10:05:54 PM »
The "We don't have any proof that Oswald fired the rifle, and never did" part shamelessly added by conspiracy loons to Curry's quote goes back at least as far to Jim Marrs' 1989 "Crossfire", one of the two principal source books for the 1991 "JFK" propaganda/drama movie.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2021, 10:05:54 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2021, 10:27:12 PM »
The "We don't have any proof that Oswald fired the rifle, and never did" part shamelessly added by conspiracy loons to Curry's quote goes back at least as far to Jim Marrs' 1989 "Crossfire", one of the two principal source books for the 1991 "JFK" propaganda/drama movie.

"We don't have any proof that Oswald fired the rifle, and never did" part shamelessly added by conspiracy loons to Curry's quote goes back at least as far to Jim Marrs' 1989 "Crossfire"

How is this quote so much different than what was printed in the newspaper?

"No one has ever been able to put him ( Oswald)  in the Texas School book Depository with a rifle in his hand"

And why is it necessary to refer to those who disagree with you...as "shameless", "Conspiracy Loons"? 

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2021, 10:34:04 PM »

Thumb1:

Thanks Tim, yet another CT lie bites the dust.

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2021, 10:34:04 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2021, 10:39:44 PM »
The Carcano rifle is a rather big piece of evidence though. Is it not? How is it that DiEugenio could be so ignorant of the facts surrounding it?

Mr D has some of the information correct, and some of it wrong....  The fact that I'm sure he's wrong about some aspects of the case pollutes all of the information he proffers.