Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Is this possible?  (Read 17125 times)

Offline Jerry Organ

Re: Is this possible?
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2021, 10:49:16 PM »
Advertisement
"We don't have any proof that Oswald fired the rifle, and never did" part shamelessly added by conspiracy loons to Curry's quote goes back at least as far to Jim Marrs' 1989 "Crossfire"

How is this quote so much different than what was printed in the newspaper?

"No one has ever been able to put him ( Oswald)  in the Texas School book Depository with a rifle in his hand"

That and a quarter used to buy a coffee.

And why is it necessary to refer to those who disagree with you...as "shameless", "Conspiracy Loons"?

"I didn't do anything!" "The end justifies the means!" "It's not propaganda!" "Hang LBJ !"

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2021, 10:49:16 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2021, 11:04:10 PM »
That and a quarter used to buy a coffee.

"I didn't do anything!" "The end justifies the means!" "It's not propaganda!" "Hang LBJ !"

So the American patriots who conspired against the King, were " Shameless, conspiracy loons".....

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2021, 11:26:37 PM »
So the American patriots who conspired against the King, were " Shameless, conspiracy loons".....

I wouldn't call them patriots.That's a gas-lighting term.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2021, 11:26:37 PM »

Online David Von Pein

« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2021, 12:30:25 AM »
"No one has ever been able to put him ( Oswald)  in the Texas School book Depository with a rifle in his hand"

Rather ambiguous [...] Curry's statement doesn't mean a thing...

Moreover, Curry's statement is dead wrong. And Curry (by 1969) had to know it was dead wrong.

Why is it wrong?

Answer: Howard L. Brennan.

Now, Curry might argue that Brennan's positive IDing of Oswald as the sixth-floor sniper came too late (it came during Brennan's '64 WC testimony), but the fact remains: There is most definitely a person who put Oswald in the TSBD with a rifle in his hands---and that person is Howard Brennan.

Online David Von Pein

« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2021, 12:34:50 AM »
Is it possible that an individual who believes in a massive conspiracy in the JFKA can also be considered the world's leading authority on the event? I speak of Jim DiEugenio. I’ve had enough arguments/debates with DiEugenio over the years to recognize one fact: he doesn’t have a layman’s knowledge of the actual event. Why exactly is this individual lionized throughout the CT community?

I've been asking that last question for eight years now....

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2013/01/dvp-vs-dieugenio-part-81.html#The-Stupid-Things-James-DiEugenio-Believes

"How anyone can possibly even begin to take DiEugenio seriously when it comes to the JFK assassination
is a real mystery to me. .... And yet despite the above laundry list of silliness, James DiEugenio is still held
in high esteem by many people when it comes to his evaluation of the evidence and his assessment of the facts
concerning the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. Unbelievable."
-- David Von Pein; January 2013
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 01:13:39 AM by David Von Pein »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2021, 12:34:50 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2021, 04:04:54 AM »
Moreover, Curry's statement is dead wrong. And Curry (by 1969) had to know it was dead wrong.

Why is it wrong?

Answer: Howard L. Brennan.

Now, Curry might argue that Brennan's positive IDing of Oswald as the sixth-floor sniper came too late (it came during Brennan's '64 WC testimony), but the fact remains: There is most definitely a person who put Oswald in the TSBD with a rifle in his hands---and that person is Howard Brennan.
\
\You are a liar, Mr VP..... Howard Brennan DID NOT see Lee Oswald in the TSBD with a rifle in his hands.....Brennan saw a 165 pound man, who was dressed entirely differently that Lee was dressed at that time....    Brennan said the 165 pound man ( Lee 135 pounds)  was wearing Khaki colored clothing ( both shirt and trousers)  Lee was wearing a dark brown shirt and dark gray trousers.

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2021, 04:16:19 AM »
\
\You are a liar, Mr VP..... Howard Brennan DID NOT see Lee Oswald in the TSBD with a rifle in his hands.....Brennan saw a 165 pound man, who was dressed entirely differently that Lee was dressed at that time....    Brennan said the 165 pound man ( Lee 135 pounds)  was wearing Khaki colored clothing ( both shirt and trousers)  Lee was wearing a dark brown shirt and dark gray trousers.

(The small insets are from pictures of Oswald's shirt. View from where Brennan stood; not how cropped or close-to his view was.)

Oswald's shirt looked khaki when sun-struck.

Pretty hard to gauge weight and height when you're witnessing such a traumatic thing and the subject is in a window.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 04:18:50 AM by Jerry Organ »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2021, 04:16:19 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2021, 05:57:18 AM »

(The small insets are from pictures of Oswald's shirt. View from where Brennan stood; not how cropped or close-to his view was.)

Oswald's shirt looked khaki when sun-struck.

Pretty hard to gauge weight and height when you're witnessing such a traumatic thing and the subject is in a window.

Very nice graphic and if you don't mind I have added it to my collection.
Previously in response to Walt's regularly repeated claim that Oswald's shirt was too dark compared to Brannan's description, I've posted the following photo highlighting the fact that Oswald's shirt when in direct sunlight is a much lighter shade and especially when Oswald was in the Sniper's Net with his the sunlit shirt is being heavily contrasted by the relatively dark interior behind the boxes, but you know what they say, you can't teach an old dog new tricks.
Btw is Walt still claiming that the Flash photography of the internal 6th floor photos were taken at night?

Also worth considering is the following simple graphic showing how we perceive the shade of an object with contrasting backgrounds, the bar in the centre is a constant shade but when the same bar is displayed against a varying contrasted background the bar appears to be simultaneously light and dark. It still amazes me that because some of the witnesses who saw Oswald's jacket describe a slightly different lighter/darker grey/tan jacket, so that automatically makes Oswald innocent is naïve and incredibly short sighted.

JohnM
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 10:03:53 AM by John Mytton »