Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Howard Brennan, the unwrinkled bus transfer, Dallas Transit owner Harry Weinberg  (Read 32555 times)

Offline Tim Nickerson

Advertisement
Apologies. Its was Whaley, the taxi driver, who said "Oswald" had a blue jacket on. McWatters, the taxi driver,  said "he (Oswald)   had on, I believe, some type of jacket, cloth jacket. "

FBI SA Robert Barrett described it as a brown jacket.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline John Iacoletti

"two police officers boarded the bus and checked each passenger to see if any were carrying firearms"

This shows that the Dallas police were in the habit of doing illegal searches.  Oswald stood up for his rights and paid the price.

Also, is there any record of any other buses being searched that day?  What made the police zero in on that particular bus, heading towards the crime scene?

Offline Tim Nickerson

Just correcting my earlier statement. I said that Robert Barrett described the shirt that Oswald had on as a brown jacket. I now believe that I was mistaken. It was Bardwell Odum, not Barrett, who gave that description. He described it as a reddish brown jacket. Marrion Baker also described the shirt as being a brown jacket.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Gary Craig

Just correcting my earlier statement. I said that Robert Barrett described the shirt that Oswald had on as a brown jacket. I now believe that I was mistaken. It was Bardwell Odum, not Barrett, who gave that description. He described it as a reddish brown jacket. Marrion Baker also described the shirt as being a brown jacket.

"Marrion Baker also described the shirt as being a brown jacket."

Marion Baker said he was wearing a light brown jacket when he saw him in the TSBD.

He said he was wearing different clothes when he saw him in the DPD a couple hours later.

Offline Tim Nickerson

"Marrion Baker also described the shirt as being a brown jacket."

Marion Baker said he was wearing a light brown jacket when he saw him in the TSBD.

He said he was wearing different clothes when he saw him in the DPD a couple hours later.

Not really.

Mr. BELIN - What about when you saw him in the School Book Depository Building, does this look familiar as anything he was wearing, if you know?
Mr. BAKER - I couldn't say whether that was--it seemed to me it was a light-colored brown but I couldn't say it was that or not.
Mr. BELIN - Was he wearing anything that looked like Exhibit 150 at the police station?
Mr. BAKER - He did have a brown-type shirt on that was out.
Mr. BELIN - Did it appear to be similar to any clothing you had seen when you saw him at the School Book Depository Building?
Mr. BAKER - I could have mistaken it for a jacket, but to my recollection it was a little colored jacket, that is all I can say.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Gary Craig

Not really.

Mr. BELIN - What about when you saw him in the School Book Depository Building, does this look familiar as anything he was wearing, if you know?
Mr. BAKER - I couldn't say whether that was--it seemed to me it was a light-colored brown but I couldn't say it was that or not.
Mr. BELIN - Was he wearing anything that looked like Exhibit 150 at the police station?
Mr. BELIN - Did it appear to be similar to any clothing you had seen when you saw him at the School Book Depository Building?
Mr. BAKER - I could have mistaken it for a jacket, but to my recollection it was a little colored jacket, that is all I can say.

Mr. DULLES - Do you recall whether or not he was wearing the same clothes, did he appear to you the same when you saw him in the police station as when you saw him in the lunchroom?
Mr. BAKER - Actually just looking at him, he looked like he didn't have the same thing on.
Mr. BELIN - He looked as though he did not have the same thing on?
Mr. BAKER - He looked like he did not have the same on.

Offline Tim Nickerson

Mr. DULLES - Do you recall whether or not he was wearing the same clothes, did he appear to you the same when you saw him in the police station as when you saw him in the lunchroom?
Mr. BAKER - Actually just looking at him, he looked like he didn't have the same thing on.
Mr. BELIN - He looked as though he did not have the same thing on?
Mr. BAKER - He looked like he did not have the same on.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Gary Craig

hypocrite

O'Connor's much earlier recollection and signed diagram takes precedence over statements made to Law. That O'Connor would think that the bullet entering above C7 would have come out through JFK's heart and through his sternum suggests that he was definitely on the downslope as far as his mental faculties were concerned.