Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Howard Brennan, the unwrinkled bus transfer, Dallas Transit owner Harry Weinberg  (Read 32917 times)

Offline Rob Caprio

Advertisement
Another Iacoletti deception, where did I say or even imply that Caprio was my "best buddy"?

JohnM

You mean that I'm not? LOL.

I misunderstood Iacoletti back then. We both agree that the evidence in the twenty-six volumes does not convict LHO of the crimes he was accused of, but we don't always see things the same way and that is okay.

Only LNers walk in a lock step fashion.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Rob Caprio

JohnM

Okay. This is why Truly should have checked him out. Why didn't he? What was the rush? LHO said that on a number of occasions he lost a chance at a  job because they were informed of his defection. Why wasn't Truly contacted about this?

Offline John Mytton

I misunderstood Iacoletti back then. We both agree that the evidence in the twenty-six volumes does not convict LHO of the crimes he was accused of, but we don't always see things the same way and that is okay.

No, in the real world if I saw you I'd buy you a beer and try to talk some sense into you.

I misunderstood Iacoletti back then.

Fair enough, that was a time when Iacoletti attacked everyone but upon realizing that this tact was damaging his credibility he instead went full on Kook forgot his pledge to neutrality and only attacked the LNers.

We both agree that the evidence in the twenty-six volumes does not convict LHO of the crimes he was accused of,

Wrong.

but we don't always see things the same way and that is okay.

There is no one more fanatical than Walt yet you continually say he is a LNer, is Walt supposed to be your team's fallguy?

It only happened one way and when it only happens one way there isn't a lot of variation.

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline John Mytton

Okay. This is why Truly should have checked him out. Why didn't he? What was the rush? LHO said that on a number of occasions he lost a chance at a  job because they were informed of his defection. Why wasn't Truly contacted about this?

Sometimes you just take someone at face value and Oswald was a Marine, showed respect, the job was only for a short time and his wife was having a baby. I have been immediately accepted for a job or two in my time, when you come across as confident, knowledgeable and have the correct experience, the world's your oyster.

Mr. BELIN. Did he fill it out in front of you, or not?
Mr. TRULY. Yes; he did. And he told me I asked him about experience that he had had, or where he had worked, and he said he had just served his term in the Marine Corps and had received an honorable discharge, and he listed some things of an office nature that he had learned to do in the Marines.
I questioned him about any past activities. I asked him if he had ever had any trouble with the police, and he said, no. So thinking that he was just out of the Marines, I didn't check any further back. I didn't have anything of a permanent nature in mind for him. He looked like a nice young fellow to me--he was quiet and well mannered. He used the word "sir", you know, which a lot of them don't do at this time.
So I told him if he would come to work on the morning of the 16th, it was the beginning of a new pay period. So he filled out his withholding slip, with the exception of the number of dependents.
He asked me if I would hold that for 3 or 4 days, that he is expecting a baby momentarily.
So some 4 days or so later--I don't remember the exact day--he told me that he had this new baby, and he wanted to add one dependent.
He finished filling it out. And I sent it up to Mr. Campbell who makes out the payroll for the company.

Why wasn't Truly contacted about this?

Far out, Oswald did his time give a guy a break are they going to follow him around for the rest of his life and fcuk up every opportunity?

JohnM

Offline John Iacoletti

Fair enough, that was a time when Iacoletti attacked everyone but upon realizing that this tact was damaging his credibility he instead went full on Kook forgot his pledge to neutrality and only attacked the LNers.

BS:

I don't "attack" anybody.  I dispute arguments that are invalid or not evidence based.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline John Iacoletti

Oswald was discharged in 1959.

Offline Walt Cakebread

Oswald was discharged in 1959.

There's something amiss....  An enlistee did NOT receive a discharge until he had completed six years of duty.   And this form indicates that he was transferred to the Marine Corp reserve where he would have completed the remainder of his six year obligation before receiving a discharge.    All enlistees that had not completed the obligated six years when they were released from active duty were transferred to a reserve unit where they fulfilled their tour and then they received a discharge.

JFK Assassination Forum