Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Howard Brennan, the unwrinkled bus transfer, Dallas Transit owner Harry Weinberg  (Read 32552 times)

Offline Tim Nickerson

Advertisement

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Tim Nickerson

He really did, actually, as he did in his AFFIDAVIT and saw no reason to correct that when viewing Oswald at CH because he didn't recognize Oswald as the guy he saw on the 3rd or 4th floor. Or did he?

Representative BOGGS -Let me ask one other question. You later, when you recognized this man as Lee Oswald, is that right, saw pictures of him?
Mr. BAKER - Yes, sir. I had occasion to see him in the homicide office later that evening after we got through with Parkland Hospital and then Love Field and we went back to the City Hall and I went up there and made this affidavit.
Representative BOGGS -After he had been arrested?
Mr. BAKER - Yes, sir.

What are you talking about? Where in his affidavit does he say that Oswald was wearing different clothes when he saw him in the DPD a couple hours later?

Offline Tim Nickerson

You may want to rephrase that question.

CE 150 is not a jacket, as previously pointed out to you by Gary.

What part of  "I could have mistaken it for a jacket" don't you understand?

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Tim Nickerson

What part of but to my recollection it was a little colored jacket, that is all I can say. do you not understand?

I understand it perfectly. It doesn't negate the fact that he noted that he could very well have mistaken the shirt for a light jacket. Bardwell Odum also mistook the shirt for a jacket.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 07:32:22 PM by Tim Nickerson »

Offline Tim Nickerson

But there was no reason to write "jacket" when he saw Oswald in a shirt that was out at the Police Station:

Mr. BELIN - Was he wearing anything that looked like Exhibit 150 at the police station?
Mr. BAKER - He did have a brown-type shirt on that was out.

He could also have corrected his weight estimate that was 30 pounds over...

Right, he could have corrected the weight estimate but did not. There are a couple of possibilities here. One, the shirt that Oswald had on was mistaken by at least one other to be a jacket and Baker may have seen it like that at the time. Odum also estimated Oswald's weight to be 160 pounds. Two, the affidavit itself was essentially completed by the time that Baker saw Oswald at Homicide. Baker said that he was in the process of writing it when Oswald went by.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Tim Nickerson

(1) seeing the shirt as a jacket is only relevant if Oswald wore the arrest shirt CE 150 at work . Do you have evidence he did?

The WC testimony of Mary Bledsoe and the bus transfer found inside the shirt pocket.

(2) Whaley had a couple of goes at his affidavit and even details of the lineup were later added so who would prevent Baker from amending his affidavit?

You're going to have to be more specific about what you mean by later. Were details added to the affidavit after Whaley had already signed it? That seems to be what you're suggesting. If not, then Whaley did not have a couple of goes at his affidavit.

(3) I see that Occam razors are not in high demand at the moment: Baker didn't describe Oswald. There was no mistaken jacket and there was no need to correct his affidavit because he didn't recognize Oswald at the homicide office.

How have you concluded that Baker didn't recognize Oswald at the homicide office?

Mr. BELIN - Would you state whether or not the man who was shown to you in the police station as Lee Harvey Oswald was or was not the same man that you saw and encountered on the second floor lunchroom of the Texas School Book Depository Building on that day?
Mr. BAKER - He was the same man.

Online Martin Weidmann

The WC testimony of Mary Bledsoe and the bus transfer found inside the shirt pocket.

You're going to have to be more specific about what you mean by later. Were details added to the affidavit after Whaley had already signed it? That seems to be what you're suggesting. If not, then Whaley did not have a couple of goes at his affidavit.

How have you concluded that Baker didn't recognize Oswald at the homicide office?

Mr. BELIN - Would you state whether or not the man who was shown to you in the police station as Lee Harvey Oswald was or was not the same man that you saw and encountered on the second floor lunchroom of the Texas School Book Depository Building on that day?
Mr. BAKER - He was the same man.

The WC testimony of Mary Bledsoe

The only witness who was shown the actual evidence she was required to testify about (the shirt Oswald was wearing when he was arrested) at her home just prior to her deposition. That Mary Bledsoe?

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Tim Nickerson

The WC testimony of Mary Bledsoe

The only witness who was shown the actual evidence she was required to testify about (the shirt Oswald was wearing when he was arrested) at her home just prior to her deposition. That Mary Bledsoe?

Yup. That Mary Bledsoe. Why do you ask?