Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Does Hiding a Rifle You Plan On Leaving Anyway Really Make Sense?  (Read 22831 times)

Offline Izraul Hidashi

Advertisement
Not that I expect LN's to admit how nonsensical that really is, but for those of us with common sense, does that even make sense?

What would even be the point of hiding your rifle if you're just gonna leave it, and the shells, on the same floor you shot from? As if the police would never find it. LOL

It just doesn't make sense. "Oh yeah... I'll just leave my shells on the floor but take the time to hide my gun..."  If that isn't ridiculous, I don't know what is. Surely if Oswald was in such hurry he wouldn't have taken the time to hide his rifle but not the shells. Especially if he was gonna leave it anyway. Why not just leave the rifle at the window with the shells, because you know damn well the police are gonna find it anyway?

Maybe some of the LN';s can explain it in a way that makes sense, rather than their usual gibberish? I'm sure they can provide some type of explanatory excuse to justify such nonsensical idiocy, which nobody else could possibly think of.

Even though the only real logical reason for a hidden gun would be to frame somebody. But I can't say I don't enjoy hearing their special perspectives.  8)

For Oswald to have been in such a hurry that he was able to shoot a rifle deemed UNUSABLE by the military experts that tested it in just 8 seconds, run across 100 feet of obstacles in a mere 30 seconds, run down 5 fights of an old world stair case so fast that nobody else was even able to see him, then the extra 15 feet just to make it to the break room in time to meet officer Baker, and all without being out of breath... well that's pretty damn impressive when you think about it.

So why would someone in that much of a hurry take the time to hide his rifle where he knows police are gonna find it anyway, and still make it in just 1 minute and 20 seconds to meet officer Baker (the other super power speed demon)?

You figure 8 seconds to shoot 3 shots from an unusable rifle that army marksmen ,had trouble with, accurately. Then 2 seconds to stand up. That's already 10 seconds gone, leaving Oswald with just 30 seconds to run through 100 feet of obstacles in the form of stacked books and boxes.

That's 40 seconds.

At least another 10 seconds to neatly hide the rifle (for no reason whatsoever).

That's 50 seconds.

Which would leave Oswald with a mere 30 seconds to run down 5 flights (125 ft) of an old world stair case (invisibly), with another 15 feet to the break room.

Wow... When you put in perspective it really shows just how desperate the LN's are to pretend Oswald was the killer. I say pretend because obviously you would have to be pretty dense to believe that nonsense. And I just don't think any grown ass adult could be that damn dense.

But if there is anyone brave enough to actually admit they do believe that nonsense, I say bravo ... and they should have no problems proving it. Just pull out your phone and show us all how it's done instead of just arguing about it. That way we can at least put that ridiculous nonsense to rest once for all. I say ridiculous because an LN really tried to pretend not believing it is what's ridiculous. Yeah...of course it is!  :-\
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 11:56:09 PM by Izraul Hidashi »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Chris Bristow

Re: Does Hiding a Rifle You Plan On Leaving Anyway Really Make Sense?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2021, 01:38:15 AM »
That is a very interesting question. He would have to know that firing from that window would draw many peoples attention. He would have to assume that people would be storming the 6th floor within a couple minutes. It isn't like he would think he could come back later and retrieve it after making an obvious showing from the 6th floor window.

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2021, 01:49:57 AM »
Good grief.  If Oswald had not hidden the rifle, CTers would be here clamoring for an explanation for why he left his rifle in plain sight.  Hiding the rifle takes him a few seconds.  He has a bullet left if anyone tries to stop him on that floor before he reaches the stairs.  He hides it just before exiting the floor.  Isn't the more obvious question why Oswald's rifle was on that floor hidden or otherwise?  And the answer is because he used it to assassinate JFK.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2021, 01:49:57 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2021, 03:13:30 AM »
Any thoughts about why LHO hid the rifle instead of leaving it in the sniper’s nest are speculative. But I agree with Richard regarding taking the rifle to near the stairwell in case someone tried to stop him on the sixth floor. It appears to me that LHO must have hid the rifle somewhere when he first arrived at the TSBD that morning. And seems possible that he could have used the same hiding place both times. If so, it could have been pre-planned to hide it there. Or, it might have just been a last second instinctive action. At any rate he must have known that he would have been shot on site if he had tried to leave the building with the rifle. I believe that he might have thought that it would take the police more time to find a hidden rifle (than one left in plain sight). And that therefore, if he did manage to escape the building, this might give him more time to get further away before he became a suspect.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 03:14:53 AM by Charles Collins »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2021, 04:03:28 AM »
Any thoughts about why LHO hid the rifle instead of leaving it in the sniper’s nest are speculative. But I agree with Richard regarding taking the rifle to near the stairwell in case someone tried to stop him on the sixth floor. It appears to me that LHO must have hid the rifle somewhere when he first arrived at the TSBD that morning. And seems possible that he could have used the same hiding place both times. If so, it could have been pre-planned to hide it there. Or, it might have just been a last second instinctive action. At any rate he must have known that he would have been shot on site if he had tried to leave the building with the rifle. I believe that he might have thought that it would take the police more time to find a hidden rifle (than one left in plain sight). And that therefore, if he did manage to escape the building, this might give him more time to get further away before he became a suspect.

Not necessarily. He could put it back in the bag and claim it was curtain rods haha. And Buell could take over Truly's role and say 'that's okay, he works here and that package contains curtain rods'
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 06:32:13 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2021, 04:03:28 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2021, 04:28:06 AM »
As a patsy, CT man-crush Dirty Harvey was only supposed to fire near Kennedy but the rifle was so crappy and he was such a bad shot that he hit him instead. Same thing @Tippit: He was only trying to fire warning shots (he attempted 5 times to not hit him, so you cannot say he didn't try.). Moving along, he ducked out of sight to look at tennis shoes for his newborn, then went to the movies to hand in his revolver because he didn't want to be seen doing what boys do.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 04:29:37 AM by Bill Chapman »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2021, 04:28:27 PM »

That all makes sense.  What Oswald was thinking entails speculation but we know from the Walker incident that he was meticulous in his planning.  Once Oswald learned of JFK's motorcade route he likely scouted out locations in the building that provided him with the best combination of shooting location and seclusion.  He may have had more than one location given that he could not control the movements of people within the building.  He also would have decided where to hid to the rifle in advance.  As near as possible to the desired location.  He doesn't want to be seen carrying a long package in the moments before the assassination.  So he takes the rifle to the 6th floor that morning when he arrives.  His clipboard is later found in the same vicinity as the rifle.   That tells us he probably is carrying around his clipboard in his hand in the minutes before retrieving the rifle to give him the appearance of working on the floor if he encounters anyone up there in the minutes before the assassination.  Just Old Lee going about his work if anyone see him.  The last thing he does before retrieving his rifle is to lay down the clipboard thereby providing some indication of where he hid the rifle.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2021, 04:28:27 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2021, 04:50:14 PM »
As a patsy, CT man-crush Dirty Harvey was only supposed to fire near Kennedy but the rifle was so crappy and he was such a bad shot that he hit him instead. Same thing @Tippit: He was only trying to fire warning shots (he attempted 5 times to not hit him, so you cannot say he didn't try.). Moving along, he ducked out of sight to look at tennis shoes for his newborn, then went to the movies to hand in his revolver because he didn't want to be seen doing what boys do.

As a patsy, CT man-crush Dirty Harvey was only supposed to fire near Kennedy

No..... you've got it wrong, but you're close.    The ruse that Lee believed he was playing  was supposed to APPEAR as though Lee had fired at JFK.    The three spent shells and the carcano rifle that was well hidden BENEATH the pallet of books were intended to be mute evidence that he had fired AT JFK before he fled the country.    Lee knew that the carcano (linked to him by the BY photo) was well hidden, and he thought the rifle wouldn't be found until he was  well on his way to Cuba.