Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Does Hiding a Rifle You Plan On Leaving Anyway Really Make Sense?  (Read 23497 times)

Online Mitch Todd

Re: Does Hiding a Rifle You Plan On Leaving Anyway Really Make Sense?
« Reply #184 on: August 31, 2021, 03:52:35 AM »
Advertisement
[...]
This brings to mind Harold Norman again as he heard only THREE boom clack clack sounds

One might suggest that a shooter who i in rapid mode trying to operate bolt action rifle is going to go thru all 4 shells loaded and only manages to stop himself from FIRING his last clip fed round as he sees the effect of his 3rd round.

But if this last 4th round was loaded and shooter stopped short of pulling trigger, then should not Harold Norman have heard a 4th “Clack clack   sounds of the bolt operated just once more after 3rd shot fired?

So now I do wonder about if the boom-clack-clack  noise Norman is describing is actually that of a semi auto rifle and it’s  Boom clink clink, the clink clink being the shells hitting the floor.

This would be therefore a more probable 4 sec spacing of 3 shots as Norman replicates ( video time spacing).
If Norman described it as "BOOM-clack-clack, BOOM-clack-clack, BOOM-clack-clack", then it only means the first round had already been chambered before Norman was aware of that there was a rifle above his head, or before he was in a position to hear it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #184 on: August 31, 2021, 03:52:35 AM »

Offline Zeon Mason

« Reply #185 on: August 31, 2021, 05:11:04 AM »
You are correct, Mr. Todd, my mistake.  Then tthe 3rd clack clack after the 3rd shot fired, the clack clack noise therefore was actually loading  the 4th round from a final bolt action and that round the shooter stopped himself probably just an instant from pulling trigger having likely seen the some effect of the head shot.

Now this somewhat refutes Mr. Cakebread or causes an anomaly if Walt is correct about the 4th unfired rounds shell casing   not having some mark on it from ejector similar I guess to whatever marks the other 3 ejected shells after firing the round had

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #186 on: September 02, 2021, 07:04:46 PM »
If Norman described it as "BOOM-clack-clack, BOOM-clack-clack, BOOM-clack-clack", then it only means the first round had already been chambered before Norman was aware of that there was a rifle above his head, or before he was in a position to hear it.

If Norman hadn't been fantasizing about what he claimed that he had heard.....He should have heard

BOOM---CLACK--- ( bolt opening)--- PING--- ( shell hitting the floor)--- CLACK ( bolt closing )---BOOM

FIVE separate and distinct sounds......

That would have been the sounds of the first two shots.......However , all of the witnesses said that the third shot followed the second without delay....   

Mr Norman was lying....He never heard any such noises.....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #186 on: September 02, 2021, 07:04:46 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #187 on: September 04, 2021, 12:15:10 AM »
I have found over the years that tapping more/faster gets better results than hitting harder. Especially with things like roll pins, which are of course held in place by friction. And the direction of the applied force is often critically important. In short, the physical reality is far less predictable than you'd like us to believe.

Actually Mr "Smith" I don't give a FF what you believe.    You clearly are not a very intelligent or rational thinker.   

It should be obvious to you that the clip was not held securely in the carcano, because anybody who doesn't have their head stuck can look at the various photos of Day handling the rifle and see that the clip was working it's way out of the magazine in spite of the fact that the rifle was never in a position that would allow gravity to take effect .... ( the ejection port was not down toward the ground,) but in spite of this the clip still had managed to work it's way out of the magazine.

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #188 on: September 04, 2021, 07:42:50 PM »
If Norman hadn't been fantasizing about what he claimed that he had heard.....He should have heard

BOOM---CLACK--- ( bolt opening)--- PING--- ( shell hitting the floor)--- CLACK ( bolt closing )---BOOM

FIVE separate and distinct sounds......

That would have been the sounds of the first two shots.......However , all of the witnesses said that the third shot followed the second without delay....   

Mr Norman was lying....He never heard any such noises.....
The shells probably hit the boxes along the sniper's nest before they hit the floor, and that's going to make a more of a "thwack."  Anyway, based on my not-inconsiderable experience at gun ranges, empty shells don't really make a "ping" sound when they land on a hard surface. It's more of a skittering sound, for lack of a better term. That's because they tumble and roll when they hit the floor.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #188 on: September 04, 2021, 07:42:50 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #189 on: September 04, 2021, 07:57:47 PM »
The shells probably hit the boxes along the sniper's nest before they hit the floor, and that's going to make a more of a "thwack."  Anyway, based on my not-inconsiderable experience at gun ranges, empty shells don't really make a "ping" sound when they land on a hard surface. It's more of a skittering sound, for lack of a better term. That's because they tumble and roll when they hit the floor.

I simply selected the word "ping" to demonstrate that the shells would have made a noise when they dropped onto the floor, You can use any word you like .... ( aside from a loud crash)

I had hoped that an alert and astute researcher would have rebutted me, by saying that Norman testified that he had heard the shells hitting the floor above his head....   If that was the truth....Then why didn't he include the sound of the shells hitting the floor when he spouted the BOOM   Clack ....clack....BOOM     Bull stuff?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2021, 06:12:59 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #190 on: September 05, 2021, 05:11:00 AM »
I simple selected the word "ping" to demonstrate that the shells would have made a noise when they dropped onto the floor, You can use any word you like .... ( aside from a loud crash)

I had hoped that an alert and astute researcher would have rebutted me, by saying that Norman testified that he had heard the shells hitting the floor above his head....   If that was the truth....Then why didn't he include the sound of the shells hitting the floor when he spouted the BOOM   Clack ....clack....BOOM     Bull stuff?
Yeah, you selected a very specific term to describe the sound to describe some generic noise that the shell would make. Because you're the resident forum firearms expert.  ;)

And...so you now admit that Norman had described hearing what he believed were the cases hitting the floor in December '63.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #190 on: September 05, 2021, 05:11:00 AM »