Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Ranking the JFK, RFK and MLK assassinations in terms of difficulty studying  (Read 1470 times)

Offline Gerry Down

Advertisement
I think we'd all agree the JFK assassination is the most difficult. And out of a score of 10 in terms of difficulty, it gets a clear 10. A Warren Commission investigation which has a report and 26 volumes followed by a HSCA report with 12 volumes. Then you have the millions of documents with the ARRB.

How do people rate the RFK and MLK assassinations in comparison? I think the RFK ranks as a 2 in terms of difficulty with the MLK ranking at 4.

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Richard Smith

Re: Ranking the JFK, RFK and MLK assassinations in terms of difficulty studying
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2021, 01:20:37 AM »
I think we'd all agree the JFK assassination is the most difficult. And out of a score of 10 in terms of difficulty, it gets a clear 10. A Warren Commission investigation which has a report and 26 volumes followed by a HSCA report with 12 volumes. Then you have the millions of documents with the ARRB.

How do people rate the RFK and MLK assassinations in comparison? I think the RFK ranks as a 2 in terms of difficulty with the MLK ranking at 4.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "difficulty studying."  As it involves the assassination of the President, the JFK assassination presents the most material to study.  The RFK assassination is the most open and shut since the assassin was captured at the scene with the literal smoking gun.  The MLK assassination likely has the most fodder for conspiracy theorists since there is actual evidence that the FBI was out to get King.  And there is some credible evidence that Ray thought there was a bounty to be collected for killing King.  But no real doubt that he committed the act.

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2021, 01:35:14 AM »
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "difficulty studying."  As it involves the assassination of the President, the JFK assassination presents the most material to study. 

I was thinking in terms of tricky characters and endless leads leading you down the wrong path all the time. Take the Clinton incident. You could get lost studying that whole area and still not be sure if Oswald was or was not there.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2021, 01:35:14 AM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2021, 02:46:59 AM »

1 - JFK (10/10)
2 - MLK (8/10)
3 - RFK (7/10)

The first two have been investigated the most from local law enforcement to federal law enforcement to Congress. So understandably, those are the most complex assassination cases.

In the RFK case, there's pretty much only the LAPD and FBI files and little else to research. I don't think the HSCA dug deep into the RFK assassination.

There are Rabbit Holes in all three cases but I think the JFK case has the most weird coincidences (most of which are probably just coincidences).
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 02:56:44 AM by Jon Banks »

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2021, 03:01:44 AM »
1 - JFK (10/10)
2 - MLK (8/10)
3 - RFK (7/10)

The thought of the MLK and RFK assassinations being an 8 and 7 respectively makes me not want to delve too deep into those assassinations.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2021, 03:01:44 AM »