Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Ct's firstly ask yourself, where does my theory go?  (Read 28763 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Ct's firstly ask yourself, where does my theory go?
« Reply #288 on: August 23, 2021, 10:16:04 PM »
Advertisement
The reference to the print being 3/4" was in regards to your theory that the lifting tape was 1".

Because Walt got a basic fact wrong, he's gone off on a wild tangent. The man doesn't understand ...
  • Reading comprehension
  • Rudimentary mathematics
  • The M81/38 Carcano Short Rifle
  • Perspective and parallax
  • Proportion and scale

Atta boy Mr O..... When mathematical facts prove something....  Then attack the messenger.

It's not very effective but when you've been proven wrong with math....there's little else you can do.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #288 on: August 23, 2021, 10:16:04 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #289 on: August 23, 2021, 10:33:55 PM »
Jerry posted.......

The print would be about 3/4" in dimension, whereas Latonia in CE 638 circled an area that's two inches.

You've said that detective Day spotted a print on the side of the barrel about 3 inches to the rear of the front of the wooden stock.   Of course we can assume that this three inches would be the middle of the 3/4 inch print. ( IOW the front of the print would be about 3/8 of an inch forward of that mid point , Or about 2 5/8 inches from the front of the wooden stock .

So now we have the front of the print about 2 5/8" from the front of the wooden stock.   And we have the rear of the bayonet lug about 3/4 inch to the rear of the front of the wooden stock ----which means that there was a gap between the front of the "palm "print and the rear of the bayonet lug of---- 1 3/4  inches. 
 Since you believe that the tape used to lift the print was 1 1/2 inches wide ......the distance from the back of the lug to the print should be roughly the same as the width of the tape in the palm print photo.    Is that distance  the same as the width of the tape?? 

In your above estimate the distance would be 7/8 " ---- 1 1/8 "

I have stated that I believe the tape to be about 1-1/2” to 2” wide. Your assumption about Day’s “about 3” being to the center of the print could be incorrect. And Day’s estimate is just that, an inexact estimate. Is your estimate of about 3/4” from the end of the wooden stock to the rear of the bayonet lug based on your measurement of your rifle?

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #290 on: August 23, 2021, 11:26:11 PM »
I have stated that I believe the tape to be about 1-1/2” to 2” wide. Your assumption about Day’s “about 3” being to the center of the print could be incorrect. And Day’s estimate is just that, an inexact estimate. Is your estimate of about 3/4” from the end of the wooden stock to the rear of the bayonet lug based on your measurement of your rifle?

Is your estimate of about 3/4” from the end of the wooden stock to the rear of the bayonet lug based on your measurement of your rifle?

Yes

The point is...... NONE of you estimates or measurements make sense.....If the distance between the two parallel lines was made by the lug then they should be at least 5/16 " apart...... and if that distance is 5/16" then the tape is slightly more than two inches wide. And the distance between the end of the parallel  lines and the print should be about half the width of the tape ........

The tape is about seven times as wide as the gap between the parallel lines.... So if the parallel  lines are 5/16" apart...Then
the tape is 2.187 " wide.......   Since the circumference of the 5/8 inch metal barrel is 2".   The tape would have completely surrounded the barrel....

The bayonet lug is 5/16" (8.3mm) thick (wide)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 12:02:05 AM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #290 on: August 23, 2021, 11:26:11 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #291 on: August 23, 2021, 11:57:15 PM »
Is your estimate of about 3/4” from the end of the wooden stock to the rear of the bayonet lug based on your measurement of your rifle?

Yes

Thanks, that might be a good place to start. However, the lines appear to run all the way to the end of the tape if I remember correctly. So even that correlation might be inaccurate. If I remember correctly you said that the thickness of the lug at that point is 5/16”. Is that correct?

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #292 on: August 24, 2021, 12:03:43 AM »
Thanks, that might be a good place to start. However, the lines appear to run all the way to the end of the tape if I remember correctly. So even that correlation might be inaccurate. If I remember correctly you said that the thickness of the lug at that point is 5/16”. Is that correct?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #292 on: August 24, 2021, 12:03:43 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #293 on: August 24, 2021, 01:22:18 AM »

Looking at post #804 which has a quote showing Mytton’s images from an earlier post, the flashing GIF shows me that when zoomed so that the thickness of the bayonet lug is 5/16”, we can see, by my estimate, about 1.5” (running the length of the tape) of the palm print on that graphic. It appears to run off the image to the left, so I assume that there is more that we do not see. And going by the same 5/16” thickness, I estimate the distance between the palm print and the lines to be about 7/8”. It appears to me that the tape itself is about 2” wide, and the lift takes up about 1-1/4” of the tape width.

I think that the 5/16” thickness of the bayonet lug is the most accurate measurement that we can use to estimate the other distances.

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #294 on: August 24, 2021, 01:33:51 AM »

If the lifting tape is 2", the linear lines are 5/16" apart, the same width as the bayonet lug.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #294 on: August 24, 2021, 01:33:51 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #295 on: August 24, 2021, 01:48:07 AM »

If the lifting tape is 2", the linear lines are 5/16" apart, the same width as the bayonet lug.

If the tape is 2 inches wide then the card is 6 inches wide....and 10 inches long....