Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Ct's firstly ask yourself, where does my theory go?  (Read 28765 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Ct's firstly ask yourself, where does my theory go?
« Reply #248 on: August 20, 2021, 10:31:39 PM »
Advertisement
A common rhetorical device of conspiracy theorists ... is to advance speculations and then criticize the authorities for not definitively refuting them. They also rely on an inherently implausible claim of a coverup by government agencies that don't really have a very good record of covering things up.

A common rhetorical device of the "Oswald did it" evangelists is to assume that if a government agent says something it must be true.  Unless of course it doesn't fit the narrative.  Then he's a liar.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #248 on: August 20, 2021, 10:31:39 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #249 on: August 20, 2021, 10:36:41 PM »
A common rhetorical device of the "Oswald did it" evangelists is to assume that if a government agent says something it must be true.  Unless of course it doesn't fit the narrative.  Then he's a liar.

Mr. "I am not a Conspiracy Theorist". Here's some "LOL"s for your use.

LOL LOL LOL

Evangelists? You got a beef with religion, sonny?  ::)

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #250 on: August 20, 2021, 10:37:50 PM »
Must have faded away, or Latona thought they were "fragmentary". The print was second-hand (ahem) by time the FBI received the rifle.

Must have!   :D

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #250 on: August 20, 2021, 10:37:50 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #251 on: August 20, 2021, 10:50:15 PM »
Mr. "I am not a Conspiracy Theorist". Here's some "LOL"s for your use.

LOL LOL LOL

Evangelists? You got a beef with religion, sonny?  ::)

No, it's just that religions (including the Warren Report religion) based their beliefs on faith rather than evidence.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #252 on: August 20, 2021, 10:52:05 PM »
The problem with "Mytton"'s cartoon is that some of those dots appear on one but not on the other.  Game over.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #252 on: August 20, 2021, 10:52:05 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #253 on: August 20, 2021, 11:31:19 PM »
Yes, that is the slot that I was asking about way earlier in this thread. I attempted to ask whether it extended past the end of the bayonet lug when the barrel is installed properly in it’s slot. But things got confused and I believe that we ended up discussing the slot for the actual bayonet on the under side of the stock. When you apply that slot to your diagram, we should have an answer I believe. Walt could possibly confirm this on an actual rifle also I believe.

The large slot at the forward end of the stock extends back from the front of the wooden stock, about 1 inch.... That slot is 5/16 " wide (the width of the bayonet lug that fits into that slot.)

Does this information answer the question?

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #254 on: August 21, 2021, 01:43:47 AM »

The large slot at the forward end of the stock extends back from the front of the wooden stock, about 1 inch.... That slot is 5/16 " wide (the width of the bayonet lug that fits into that slot.)

Does this information answer the question?

Thanks, the other part of the question is: how much of the ~1” length of that slot does the metal bayonet lug fill up when the barrel is properly positioned onto the stock? In other words, is there much clearance between the rounded end of that slot and the bayonet lug?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #254 on: August 21, 2021, 01:43:47 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #255 on: August 21, 2021, 01:59:35 AM »
Thanks, the other part of the question is: how much of the ~1” length of that slot does the metal bayonet lug fill up when the barrel is properly positioned onto the stock? In other words, is there much clearance between the rounded end of that slot and the bayonet lug?

Charles, On page 132 of the WR there is a photo of a disassembled carcano. ( CE 1304) The barrel is floating directly above the stock and it's obvious where the bayonet lug fits into the stock.    I believe this photo will help you far better than I can.