Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Ct's firstly ask yourself, where does my theory go?  (Read 28864 times)

Offline Jerry Organ

Re: Ct's firstly ask yourself, where does my theory go?
« Reply #240 on: August 20, 2021, 07:55:41 PM »
Advertisement

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #240 on: August 20, 2021, 07:55:41 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #241 on: August 20, 2021, 08:01:53 PM »

A picture is worth a thousand words...  Thanks for posting the pics....

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #242 on: August 20, 2021, 08:05:01 PM »
Thanks for the questions Charles. I was concerned that I hadn't been very clear about the routered "cavities" in the bottom of the barrel channel, but you apparently have been able to understand......

The two cavities are both 3/8 inches wide and 3/8 inches deep.  Using my digital caliper to measure, they are precisely 10.3mm wide and 10.45mm deep.  The 4 inch long cavity midpoint lies 8 inches back from the front of the wood stock.   And the midpoint of the 2 1/8" long cavity lies 4 1/4 inches to the rear of the front of the stock. 

what purpose do these routered cavities serve--- is the one near the muzzle end of the stock for the bayonet lug to slide into?

I'd guess that the cavities serve to allow the wood to expand and contract ( heat from the barrel, and changes in humidity and weather conditions) By allowing the stock to expand and contract the pressure on the barrel is minimized...thus the accuracy
 of the rifle isn't effected as it would be if the barrel were in contact with the stock over the entire length of the barrel.

Thanks Walt, that information is helpful.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #242 on: August 20, 2021, 08:05:01 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #243 on: August 20, 2021, 08:07:25 PM »

Thanks Jerry, Walt already said exactly what I was going to say. Your diagrams and photos are always well done!

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #244 on: August 20, 2021, 08:51:10 PM »
You are welcome.

When I came across those pictures this morning, I knew Walt hadn't lost his mind.

I will apply those measurements and router grooves to my model. Also note that the slot in the stock for the bayonet lug goes right up to the barrel chamber.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #244 on: August 20, 2021, 08:51:10 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #245 on: August 20, 2021, 09:47:04 PM »
You are welcome.

When I came across those pictures this morning, I knew Walt hadn't lost his mind.

I will apply those measurements and router grooves to my model. Also note that the slot in the stock for the bayonet lug goes right up to the barrel chamber.

Thanks.... for the left handed compliment.   So now you've acknowledged that " I hadn't lost my mind"...  Another way of saying that you know i am not a Loon...

In the past you have not been so candid.....frequently diagnosing me as "crazy'...

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #246 on: August 20, 2021, 10:07:24 PM »
You are welcome.

Yes, that is the slot that I was asking about way earlier in this thread. I attempted to ask whether it extended past the end of the bayonet lug when the barrel is installed properly in it’s slot. But things got confused and I believe that we ended up discussing the slot for the actual bayonet on the under side of the stock. When you apply that slot to your diagram, we should have an answer I believe. Walt could possibly confirm this on an actual rifle also I believe.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #246 on: August 20, 2021, 10:07:24 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #247 on: August 20, 2021, 10:30:10 PM »

Thanks.... for the left handed compliment.   So now you've acknowledged that " I hadn't lost my mind"...  Another way of saying that you know i am not a Loon...

When you wrote: "Your theory is not possible because the 2 1/4 inch long routered out cavity directly below the area where the palm print is shown to be in the palm print photo ( CE 639)", I didn't picture this ...

You might have mentioned about it being in the barrel chamber.  ::)

Why don't you take pictures if you have a Carcano sitting in front of you disassembled?