Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Ct's firstly ask yourself, where does my theory go?  (Read 28805 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Ct's firstly ask yourself, where does my theory go?
« Reply #224 on: August 19, 2021, 08:05:37 PM »
Advertisement
You're preaching to NO ONE who believes the lifting tape was one-inch ("the two parallel lines are 3/16" apart"). Get with the program, Sad Sack. On two-inch tape, the linear (possibly residue) feature is the same width as the bayonet slot.

On two-inch tape, the linear (possibly residue) feature is the same width as the bayonet slot.

No, that's not correct..... you need a new battery for your calculator.....

If the tape is two inches wide....then the two parallel lines are 5/16 " inches apart...... 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #224 on: August 19, 2021, 08:05:37 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #225 on: August 19, 2021, 08:30:38 PM »
Walt, here is an image showing the components of that area of the rifle. Is this an accurate depiction? If so, can you describe how it all fits together please? Thanks.

The pictures accurately depict the muzzle end of a model 91/38 Mannlicher Carcano.....   The picture of the assembled portion of the rifle covers about  a one foot section of the forward end of the rifle.  The picture of "the one piece wood stock" looks exactly like the stock I have.   Unfortunately I don't know the nomenclature name of the metal piece that fits around the metal barrel and the front of the wooden stock

I'd call it "the front band/cap"..... but I'd be interested to learn the proper nomenclature.....

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #226 on: August 19, 2021, 08:37:16 PM »

The pictures accurately depict the muzzle end of a model 91/38 Mannlicher Carcano.....   The picture of the assembled portion of the rifle covers about  a one foot section of the forward end of the rifle.  The picture of "the one piece wood stock" looks exactly like the stock I have.   Unfortunately I don't know the nomenclature name of the metal piece that fits around the metal barrel and the front of the wooden stock

I'd call it "the front band/cap"..... but I'd be interested to learn the proper nomenclature.....

Thanks, I was confused at first regarding the piece named Top Cap/Upper Forearm because of its position below the assembled rifle. But finally figured it out (it goes on top, hence “top cap”). So, does the bayonet in it’s stored position slide into the slot as you described earlier? And the top of the slot is open to the bottom of the barrel? Is that assumption correct?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #226 on: August 19, 2021, 08:37:16 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #227 on: August 19, 2021, 09:02:19 PM »
Thanks, I was confused at first regarding the piece named Top Cap/Upper Forearm because of its position below the assembled rifle. But finally figured it out (it goes on top, hence “top cap”). So, does the bayonet in it’s stored position slide into the slot as you described earlier? And the top of the slot is open to the bottom of the barrel? Is that assumption correct?

Top cap/upper forearm =  hand guard......   the hand guard prevents the shooter's left thumb from coming in contact with the hot barrel when the rifle is being fired.     But you've figured it out.....

So, does the bayonet in it’s stored position slide into the slot as you described earlier? And the top of the slot is open to the bottom of the barrel? Is that assumption correct?

The bayonet blade does not "slide into" the slot provided for it at the front of the stock....  The the bayonet stays attached to the barrel and the blade folds back like a pocket knife. The bayonet blade folds back into the slot , like a pocket knife blade.

The slot is not open ( at the bottom ) to the barrel..... The slot is about 1/2 inch deep....so there is about 3/8 of an inch of the wood stock between the bottom of the slot and the metal barrel

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #228 on: August 19, 2021, 09:13:58 PM »
Top cap/upper forearm =  hand guard......   the hand guard prevents the shooter's left thumb from coming in contact with the hot barrel when the rifle is being fired.     But you've figured it out.....

So, does the bayonet in it’s stored position slide into the slot as you described earlier? And the top of the slot is open to the bottom of the barrel? Is that assumption correct?

The bayonet blade does not "slide into" the slot provided for it at the front of the stock....  The the bayonet stays attached to the barrel and the blade folds back like a pocket knife. The bayonet blade folds back into the slot , like a pocket knife blade.

The slot is not open ( at the bottom ) to the barrel..... The slot is about 1/2 inch deep....so there is about 3/8 of an inch of the wood stock between the bottom of the slot and the metal barrel

Okay, thank you very much. That description is quite different from my earlier assumption. I have learned the hard way (many different times and ways) not to rely to heavily on assumptions. Now hopefully our discussion can move along in the correct direction.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #228 on: August 19, 2021, 09:13:58 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #230 on: August 19, 2021, 10:33:27 PM »
The true facts concerning "Oswald's rifle"

1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0CbHeZjHZ8   Thumb1:

2: https://www.kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/the-evidence-is-the-conspiracy-the-carbine-on-the-6th-floor   Thumb1:

Hi Christer .... I sincerely hope that you posted those links as Joke.....  Because they are ridiculously absurd....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #230 on: August 19, 2021, 10:33:27 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #231 on: August 19, 2021, 10:55:00 PM »
Hi Christer .... I sincerely hope that you posted those links as Joke.....  Because they are ridiculously absurd....

Seems to be an attempt to derail the focused discussion about the palm-print on the barrel. :(