Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Ct's firstly ask yourself, where does my theory go?  (Read 28822 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Ct's firstly ask yourself, where does my theory go?
« Reply #152 on: August 13, 2021, 08:01:38 PM »
Advertisement
He was the type.

Only to people predisposed to think he was guilty.  How is wanting to go to Cuba "not normal"?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #152 on: August 13, 2021, 08:01:38 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #153 on: August 13, 2021, 08:49:20 PM »
BS.  30 years later a guy pulls photos out of a briefcase that he claims are from the alleged rifle and a fingerprint card that he claims are Oswald's prints and gets another guy to give a subjective opinion that they match.  When the guys at the FBI who examined the actual rifle said they could not be matched.

So "Rusty" Livingstone of the Dallas Crime Lab was making up trigger-guard-housing photos that showed prints from, what, a rubber-cast of "Lil" Lee's right hand?

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #154 on: August 14, 2021, 01:27:52 AM »
So "Rusty" Livingstone of the Dallas Crime Lab was making up trigger-guard-housing photos that showed prints from, what, a rubber-cast of "Lil" Lee's right hand?

I believe that Rusty Livingstone was trying to expose the conspiracy through his nephew, Gary Savage.    Livingston knew that the DPD had fabricated false evidence to incriminate Lee Oswald, but was afraid to expose the bastards ( the thin blue line)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #154 on: August 14, 2021, 01:27:52 AM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #155 on: August 14, 2021, 11:48:03 PM »

Walt ...
What makes you think Day's palm-print card is 3" X 5"?

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #156 on: August 15, 2021, 12:34:19 AM »

Walt ...
What makes you think Day's palm-print card is 3" X 5"?

3' X 5" is the standard size for a file card ( index file card) That system is obsolete and no longer used.....But it was very common back in the sixties....  And I believe There is a WC exhibit that has a ruler next to the card which verifies ....

I never dreamed that anybody would be so ignorant as to ask the size of a index file card.....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #156 on: August 15, 2021, 12:34:19 AM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #157 on: August 15, 2021, 03:01:34 AM »
3' X 5" is the standard size for a file card ( index file card) That system is obsolete and no longer used.....But it was very common back in the sixties....  And I believe There is a WC exhibit that has a ruler next to the card which verifies ....

Can't find it.  :-X

I never dreamed that anybody would be so ignorant [ :D ] as to ask the size of a index file card.....

3 X 5 is one of many standard sizes for "index cards".

CE 367 Exhibit if proportioned to index card values ...

Height Exact  Width Exact 
3 X 5    3" - 4 13/16"  5" - 3 1/8"  5% Out
4 X 6    4" - 6 3/8"  6" - 3 3/4"  6% Out
5 X 8    5" - 7.96"  8" - 5.02"  Best Match

The "Best Match" makes the "bayonet slot" groove 1/4".

(I think it's a random card size and maybe bigger than 5 X 8.)

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #158 on: August 15, 2021, 08:21:32 PM »
Can't find it.  :-X

3 X 5 is one of many standard sizes for "index cards".

CE 367 Exhibit if proportioned to index card values ...

Height Exact  Width Exact 
3 X 5    3" - 4 13/16"  5" - 3 1/8"  5% Out
4 X 6    4" - 6 3/8"  6" - 3 3/4"  6% Out
5 X 8    5" - 7.96"  8" - 5.02"  Best Match

The "Best Match" makes the "bayonet slot" groove 1/4".

I'm not sure what you're attempting to prove.....

So you think the card that Day placed the cellophane tape that held the lifted "palm print was "bigger than 5" X 8."

That's very interesting.....because the edges of the tape that detective Day used to lift prints is clearly visible on CE 639,and can be measured and compared to the width of the card....... so the card would have been 3.5 times larger than the tape.....Or the tape would have been 3.5 times narrower that the width of the card.   If the card was 5X8...Then the tape would have been 1.42 inches wide.....   The width of the tape that Day used was discussed in the hearing ( and I don't recall what the width of the tape was) but I believe the 1.42 inches is close to the width of the tape recorded in the testimony....

So it appears your guess is pretty close ....And the card was indeed 5" X 8"....

« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 10:48:03 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #158 on: August 15, 2021, 08:21:32 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #159 on: August 15, 2021, 09:18:42 PM »
I'm not sure what you're attempting to prove.....

So you think the card that Day placed the cellophane tape that held the lifted "palm print was "bigger than 5" X 8."

That's very interesting.....because the edges of the tape that detective Day used to lift prints is clearly visible on CE 639,and can be measured and compared to the width of the card....... so the card would have been 3.5 times larger than the card.....Or the tape would have been 3.5 times narrower that the width of the card.   If the card was 5X8...Then the tape would have been 1.42 inches wide.....   The width of the tape that Day used was discussed in the hearing ( and I don't recall what the width of the tape was) but I believe the 1.42 inches is close to the width of the tape recorded in the testimony....

So it appears your guess is pretty close ....And the card was indeed 5" X 8"....

I think it would have to be 1.5"-wide tape, which means the card is odd-sized.

Would you please measure the circumference of the barrel? Could Day have been using 2"-wide tape?