Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Ct's firstly ask yourself, where does my theory go?  (Read 27499 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: Ct's firstly ask yourself, where does my theory go?
« Reply #312 on: August 26, 2021, 12:02:31 AM »
Advertisement
I'm sorry Charles.....  The Tape that was used to lift the palm print was not 2 inches wide.   That much should be obvious to you because the print was allegedly lifted from a carcano barrel that is 5/8 (.625) inches in diameter....Which means the circumference is 1.963 inches ( 2 inches).   The print was reported to be approximately 3/4 inch ( .750 ) in diameter. .A print that was 750 inches in diameter  on a barrel with a circumference of 2 inches would cover 38% of the barrels circumference.  IOW the print would have wrapped over 1/3 of the way around the barrel...   

If detective Day had placed a piece of 2 inchwide tape on that it would have surrounded the barrel.   The official tale says that the print was on the bottom of the barrel  The bottom of the barrel cannot be more than 1/2 inch ( each side would also be 1/2 inche anthe top section would also be 1/2 inch for a total of 2 inches)  So why the hell would Day place a piece of tape around the barrel when the print was on the BOTTOM of the barrel?

The barrel tapers. Get out your digital calipers and measure it on each end, the center, and about 3” from the end of the wooden stock (going towards the bolt). Post the measurements so that we can all get an accurate idea of what the barrel actually measures.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #312 on: August 26, 2021, 12:02:31 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #313 on: August 26, 2021, 12:12:54 AM »
Professor, the print cannot be "750 inches in diameter". Geeeze. The print takes up about 3/4 of the tape width, which is 3/4" for your 1" tape theory and 1 1/2" for my 2" tape theory. Have you even looked at the amount of print on the lift?

So lots of the palmprint showing on the barrel before disassembly. Now look below. See, I wrapped a two-inch-scale tape clear around the barrel, align the two linear features with the bayonet lug marks (the theory is that the lug marks stay on the barrel after the lug is moved out of the way) and showed the amount of the print visible on the assembled rifle.

Professor, the print cannot be "750 inches in diameter". Geeeze.

I'm so happy that you so blatantly display your petty ignorance....Just prior to this entry where I omitted the decimal point I specified that the distance was .750 "  ....but thank you for making a damned fool of yourself.   

Bayonet lug can be slid along barrel to be out of the way of lifting tape....

Not so fast , quick draw.....  Yer blowing smoke again.

Once again you display your ignorance..... The bayonet lug cannot be easily slid along the barrel....The lug is machined and it is a precision interference fit. ( It fits very tightly around the barrel.) the lug can be driven forward along the tapered barrel but it cannot be drive to the rear because of the tapered barrel.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #314 on: August 26, 2021, 12:42:27 AM »
The barrel tapers. Get out your digital calipers and measure it on each end, the center, and about 3” from the end of the wooden stock (going towards the bolt). Post the measurements so that we can all get an accurate idea of what the barrel actually measures.

Barrel diameter near rear sight = 19.67mm----diameter at front of hand guard 17.95 mm----diameter at bayonet lug 16.68mm    diameter at front sight = 15.6mm
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 12:51:28 AM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #314 on: August 26, 2021, 12:42:27 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #315 on: August 26, 2021, 12:53:23 AM »
Barrel diameter near rea sight = 19.67mm----diameter at front of hand guard 17.95 mm----diameter at bayonet lug 16.68mm    diameter at front sight = 15.6mm

Thanks please measure the distance between the points where you measured near the rear and front sights. Thanks

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #316 on: August 26, 2021, 03:29:16 AM »
Thanks please measure the distance between the points where you measured near the rear and front sights. Thanks

Never mind Walt, we will just go with the measurement that you gave as at the bayonet lug: 16.68 mm, which is equal to 0.66". Using the formula for circumference of a circle, 2 pi R, we can calculate the circumference of the barrel at that point to be 2.07". Therefore 2" tape will not quite span the entire circumference of the barrel at that point. Jerry's diagrams are very useful for an experiment that I did to satisfy myself that the tape is about 2" wide and therefore the lines are about 5/16" apart. I printed the entire palm print on a piece of paper so that it closely matches the size of my actual palm. I have short fingers and LHO did not, but the size of the palm itself is what I used to compare my palm with my paper print of the palm print. The bottom row of Jerry's diagram contains two other partial prints. One is the area of the palm in which the lift from the rifle is found. I printed this on paper such that it's size matched the drawn square on the full palm print (which I had already printed scaled to my palm). This allowed me to test a scaled image of the print for fit. The creases matched well with the scaled LHO palm print, therefore it also is to the same scale as my palm. All of this gives me assurances that these images that I printed on paper are to a reasonably realistic full scale. This better image also shows the contours of the ridges (which are used for ID purposes) that form the palm print. Then I printed the other image in the bottom row of Jerry's diagram. This image shows the lift on the tape. I scaled it the same way that I did the partial palm print and compared the ridges on the lift to the ones on the palm print. They are to the same scale. Therefore, I am assured that the print I made of the image of the lift is to the proper scale. Measuring the width of the tape, it is very close to 2". Measuring the lift that is on that 2" tape I measure it taking up about 1-1/4" of the 2" width. And it measures about 2-1/4" going lengthwise on the tape. Jerry is probably correct about the rolling of the barrel in relation to the palm when gripping and/or releasing the grip. I believe that this would account for the print spanning more than half the circumference of the barrel.

Your hanging on to your beliefs in the face of ample evidence against them is typical of the nay sayers in general. As I said before, I don't expect you to change your tune. But I have proven to myself that the tape is ~2" and the teeth in the bayonet lug made the impressions (two lines) in the bottom of the barrel which showed up on the lift.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #316 on: August 26, 2021, 03:29:16 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #317 on: August 26, 2021, 03:40:02 AM »
Never mind Walt, we will just go with the measurement that you gave as at the bayonet lug: 16.68 mm, which is equal to 0.66". Using the formula for circumference of a circle, 2 pi R, we can calculate the circumference of the barrel at that point to be 2.07". Therefore 2" tape will not quite span the entire circumference of the barrel at that point. Jerry's diagrams are very useful for an experiment that I did to satisfy myself that the tape is about 2" wide and therefore the lines are about 5/16" apart. I printed the entire palm print on a piece of paper so that it closely matches the size of my actual palm. I have short fingers and LHO did not, but the size of the palm itself is what I used to compare my palm with my paper print of the palm print. The bottom row of Jerry's diagram contains two other partial prints. One is the area of the palm in which the lift from the rifle is found. I printed this on paper such that it's size matched the drawn square on the full palm print (which I had already printed scaled to my palm). This allowed me to test a scaled image of the print for fit. The creases matched well with the scaled LHO palm print, therefore it also is to the same scale as my palm. All of this gives me assurances that these images that I printed on paper are to a reasonably realistic full scale. This better image also shows the contours of the ridges (which are used for ID purposes) that form the palm print. Then I printed the other image in the bottom row of Jerry's diagram. This image shows the lift on the tape. I scaled it the same way that I did the partial palm print and compared the ridges on the lift to the ones on the palm print. They are to the same scale. Therefore, I am assured that the print I made of the image of the lift is to the proper scale. Measuring the width of the tape, it is very close to 2". Measuring the lift that is on that 2" tape I measure it taking up about 1-1/4" of the 2" width. And it measures about 2-1/4" going lengthwise on the tape. Jerry is probably correct about the rolling of the barrel in relation to the palm when gripping and/or releasing the grip. I believe that this would account for the print spanning more than half the circumference of the barrel.

Your hanging on to your beliefs in the face of ample evidence against them is typical of the nay sayers in general. As I said before, I don't expect you to change your tune. But I have proven to myself that the tape is ~2" and the teeth in the bayonet lug made the impressions (two lines) in the bottom of the barrel which showed up on the lift.

hanging on to your beliefs in the face of ample evidence against them is typical of the nay sayers in general.

Yes, that's why I've been presenting mathematical proof that you're wrong....

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #318 on: August 26, 2021, 04:03:06 AM »
hanging on to your beliefs in the face of ample evidence against them is typical of the nay sayers in general.

Yes, that's why I've been presenting mathematical proof that you're wrong....

Math that is based on bad assumptions and wrong information doesn’t prove anything.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #318 on: August 26, 2021, 04:03:06 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #319 on: August 26, 2021, 05:09:06 PM »
Math that is based on bad assumptions and wrong information doesn’t prove anything.

The math that was used was based on the information that YOU provided.