Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: What the People in Dealey Plaza HEARD is Important, not what they saw  (Read 1609 times)

Offline Anthony Frank

• The CIA’s Quest to Control the Government
Advertisement
It does not matter that there were people who followed the crowd or followed the police. What matters is that people all around Dealey Plaza heard the shots coming from the west side of the TSBD.

Billy Lovelady, who was standing in the doorway of the TSBD, testified to the Warren Commission that the origin of the shots was “to my right . . . between the underpass and the building right on that knoll.”

In Lovelady’s interview with the FBI, he stated, “I did not at any time believe the shots had come from the Texas School Book Depository.”

The FBI interviewed Mrs. Charles Thomas Davis, who “took up a position on one of the lower steps of the building entrance to view the Presidential motorcade as it passed by on Elm Street.” Mrs. Davis stated that when she heard the shots, she “thought they were from the direction of the viaduct which crosses Elm Street west from where I was standing.”

Otis Neville Williams, a “supervisor in the Bookkeeping Department” at the Texas School Book Depository, told the FBI that he was standing on the “top step against a railing on the east side of the steps” when he “heard three loud blasts.”

Williams stated, “I thought these blasts or shots came from the direction of the viaduct which crosses Elm Street.”

William E. Newman stated in his affidavit on November 22, 1963, that he was “standing in a group of people on Elm Street near the west end of the concrete,” which would be on Elm Street over toward the overpass. And he stated, “We were standing at the edge of the curb looking at the car as it was coming toward us and all of a sudden there was a noise, apparently gunshot . . . . He was directly in front of us and I was looking directly at him when he was hit in the side of the head. Then he fell back.”

Newman also stated, “I thought the shot had come from the garden directly behind me, that it was on an elevation from where I was as I was right on the curb. I do not recall looking toward the Texas School Book Depository. I looked back in the vicinity of the garden.”

Thomas J. Murphy, a rail foreman, told the FBI that he was standing “on the Elm Street overpass” and that “these shots came from a spot just west of the Texas School Book Depository Building.”

Frank Reilly testified to the Warren Commission that he was standing on the overpass and that the shots came from “the park where all the shrubs is up there. It’s to the north of Elm Street, up the slope.”

Dallas Police Officer Bobby W. Hargis, who was riding in a motorcycle behind the Presidential limousine, testified to the Warren Commission, “At the time there was something in my head that said that they probably could have been coming from the railroad overpass . . . . I ran across the street looking over toward the railroad overpass.

“And then I looked over to the Texas School Book Depository Building, and no one that was standing at the base of the building was – seemed to be looking up at the building or anything like they knew where the shots were coming from.”

The report of Dallas County Deputy Sheriff Jack Faulkner stated that he when he “went to the depository” and “got down to the third floor,” he “talked to office workers who told us that they were looking out of the third-floor window” when the shots were “fired from the street.”

The FBI interviewed Steven F. Wilson, who was vice president of a textbook publishing company located in the Book Depository building and who watched the motorcade from a third-floor office. Wilson stated that the sixth-floor window from which Oswald allegedly fired the shots was “three floors directly above my private office.”

Wilson told the FBI, “I heard three shots . . . . It seemed the shots came from the west end of the building or from the colonnade located on Elm Street across from the west end of our building. The shots really did not sound like they came from above me.”

On December 1, 1963, the FBI interviewed Mrs. Alvin Hopson, who had watched the Presidential motorcade from a fourth-floor window of the Book Depository building. Like several other witnesses, she stated that the shots sounded like firecrackers, but more important, according to the FBI report, she “thought they had been set off on the street below . . . . She stated that it did not sound to her like the sounds were coming from her building.”

Dorothy Garner, an “office supervisor” on the fourth floor, told the FBI on March 20, 1964, that she observed the motorcade from “the fifth window from the east end of the building” and stated, “I thought at the time the shots or reports came from a point to the west of the building.”

Victoria Adams testified to the Warren Commission that she was on the fourth floor watching the motorcade with Garner. She testified that she was in the sixth window from the east end of the building and that the shots “came from the right, below, rather than from the left, above.”

In an interview with the FBI on November 24, 1963, Dolores Kounas, an employee of the Texas School Book Depository who stood “on the southwest corner of Houston and Elm Streets to watch the Presidential motorcade pass,” stated that “it sounded as though these shots were coming from the triple underpass.”

The FBI report also states, “She did not look up at the Texas School Book Depository Building and thus did not know whether there was anyone at the window in that building. She stated it did not sound like the shots were coming from that direction but rather from the Triple Underpass.”

In another interview with the FBI on March 23, 1964, Kounas repeated, “I did not look up at the building as I had thought the shots came from a westerly direction in the vicinity of the viaduct.”

The affidavit of Emmett J. Hudson, a Park Department employee, states that at the time of the assassination he was sitting with another person “on the front steps of the sloping area and about halfway down the steps” that were west of the Book Depository. It also states that “the President’s car was directly in front of us” when the first shot was fired. Hudson stated that he heard three shots and, “The shots that I heard definitely came from behind and above me.”

In his report, Dallas County Deputy Sheriff Luke Mooney wrote that he was standing on the east side of Dealey Plaza when he heard the shots, and he “started running across Houston Street and down across the lawn to the triple underpass and up the terrace to the railroad yards.”

Mooney testified to the Warren Commission that he ran in that direction, passing by and completely ignoring the Texas School Book Depository, because “We thought they came from that direction.”

When Dallas Police Officer Edgar Smith testified to the Warren Commission, he stated that after hearing the shots, he ran down Houston and then ran down Elm, passing the School Book Depository, and went to a “parking area behind the concrete structure” at the Northwest corner of Dealey Plaza, because he thought that the shots came from the “concrete structure” that was “toward the railroad tracks there.”

Deputy Sheriff Harry Weatherford stated in his report, “I was standing in front of the Sheriff’s Office watching the Presidential Motorcade.”

After hearing the first shot, Weatherford said he thought that it “was a railroad torpedo, as it sounded as if it came from the railroad yard.” After hearing the second shot, Weatherford “started toward the corner” and then, “I heard the third report. By this time I was running toward the railroad yards where the sound seemed to come from.”

Dallas County Deputy Sheriff Harold Elkins stated in his report, “I immediately ran to the area from which it sounded like the shots had been fired. This is an area between the railroads and the Texas School Book Depository, which is east of the railroads.”

Special Agent Paul Landis wrote in his report that when he saw the shot that struck President Kennedy in the head, he “saw pieces of flesh and blood flying through the air.” He also wrote, “My reaction at this time was that the shot came from somewhere toward the front, right-hand side of the road.”

Ronald Fischer, who was standing on the corner of Houston and Elm, testified to the Warren Commission that the shots “appeared to be coming from just west of the School Book Depository Building. There were some railroad tracks and there were some railroad cars back in there.”

Danny Garcia Arce, an employee of the Book Depository, testified to the Warren Commission that he was “west of the building itself” on “that grassy area part” when the shots were fired. He also testified that the shots came “from the tracks on the west.”

He was asked, “Did you look back at the building?”

Arce replied, “No, I didn’t think they came from there. I just looked directly to the railroad tracks.”

Arce told the FBI that when President Kennedy was shot, he was standing “approximately thirty feet from the President’s car . . . . There were three shots and they came from the direction of the railroad tracks near the parking lot at the west end of the Depository Building.”

James N. Crawford, a deputy district clerk for Dallas County, testified that he was standing on the Southeast corner of the intersection at Elm and Houston, which was kitty-corner to the Texas School Book Depository at the Northwest corner of the intersection.

He was asked if he had “any impression as to the source of the sound, from what direction the sound came, the sound of the explosions?”

Crawford stated, “The sound, I thought it was a backfire in the cavalcade from down the hill, down the hill toward the underpass.”

The FBI interviewed O. V. Campbell, “the Vice President of the Texas School Book Depository,” who told them that he and Roy Truly, the Director of Warehouse Personnel, “took up a position next to the curb on Elm Street adjacent to the street signal light.”

Campbell told the FBI that after the President’s car passed by, he heard “shots being fired from a point which I thought was near the railroad tracks located over the viaduct on Elm Street.”

Campbell also stated that he “had no occasion to look back at the Texas School Book Depository as I thought the shots had come from the west.”

Secret Service Special Agent in Charge Forrest V. Sorrels, who was riding in the lead car directly in front of the Presidential limousine, wrote a report that stated, “When I heard two more shots, I said ‘Let’s get out of here.’ I looked toward the top of the terrace to my right as the sound of the shots seemed to come from that direction.”

Also, Sorrels testified to the Warren Commission, “At that time, I did not look back up to the building, because it was way back in the back.”

Dallas television station WFAA went so far as to state that the “Secret Service” was the source for a statement that President Kennedy had been shot with “an automatic weapon” that was “fired from the top of the knoll.”

Witness after witness located all around Dealey Plaza heard shots fired from in front of President Kennedy. Even the witnesses who did not run in that direction were adamant that the shots came from the front.

But the Warren Commission Report ignored the mountain of evidence and clearly stated, “No credible evidence suggests that the shots were fired from the railroad bridge over the triple underpass, the nearby railroad yards or any place other than the Texas School Book Depository.”

None of this witness information is in my book about the CIA’s quest to control the government. Assassinating President Kennedy was just one part of the CIA’s quest. My book goes well beyond the JFK assassination.

Anyone who wants to know the truth about massive corruption in the CIA and government, including details concerning who killed JFK and why, should click the link.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V9JT65Y
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 08:09:03 AM by Anthony Frank »

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Richard Smith

The location of the shots would have been extremely difficult to ascertain in that open urban area with echoes and sound distortions.  What is more persuasive is the number of shots heard.  Approximately 95% of the witnesses indicated three or two shots.  And almost none indicated that they believed the shots came from two different locations even if they disagreed with where they thought the shots originated.  Thus, there was an almost an unanimous consensus among the witnesses for one shooter firing three or fewer shots.  That demolishes any conspiracy theories that involve more than one shooter or more than three shots fired.

Offline Rick Plant

Sounds are not always accurate especially when there is an echo which can confuse the person. 

JFK Assassination Forum