Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Who is sitting up in Zapruder @Z456?  (Read 35050 times)

Offline John Mytton

Re: Who is sitting up in Zapruder @Z456?
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2018, 08:17:10 PM »
Advertisement
You mean the guy who failed to identify Oswald in a lineup?

I do.  And I've told you a million times not to exaggerate...

That people on both sides see what they expect to see in the film and then tack on the word "clearly" as if that means anything.

You mean the guy who failed to identify Oswald in a lineup?

What?, an unfair lineup?, no wonder Brennan was hesitant. Brennan's testimony under oath can only be an honest recollection.

I do.  And I've told you a million times not to exaggerate...

Isn't it about 60% of the US population believe in a JFK conspiracy which makes a number of about 200,000,000 and it's safe to say that a fair percentage formed this opinion based on the "back and to the left" in Zapruder, so my original point is hardly an exaggeration.

That people on both sides see what they expect to see in the film and then tack on the word "clearly" as if that means anything.

For a start my original post that you responded to said "reasonably clearly" and secondly there is a lot of misinterpretation in Zapruder but when you use the Zapruder film in addition to the physical evidence then everything becomes clear.

JohnM
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 08:22:46 PM by John Mytton »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2018, 08:17:10 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2018, 08:35:41 PM »
What?, an unfair lineup?, no wonder Brennan was hesitant.

"Hesitant".  LOL.

Brennan saw Oswald on television before he even went to the lineup where he didn't make a positive ID.  That alone invalidated it.

Brennan's testimony under oath can only be an honest recollection.

Brennan's testimony under oath can only be an honest recollection embellishment.

There, I fixed it for you.

The shooter was crouched behind boxes and hidden by bricks at the time Brennan saw him "taking aim" with a rifle, and yet he somehow estimated his height, weight, age, and clothing.  Incorrectly, I might add, if it was Oswald.

Isn't it about 60% of the US population believe in a JFK conspiracy which makes a number of about 200,000,000 and it's safe to say that a fair percentage formed this opinion based on the "back and to the left" in Zapruder, so my original point is hardly an exaggeration.

And by "safe to say", you mean wild-ass guess.  Clearly.

For a start my original post that you responded to said "reasonably clearly" and secondly there is a lot of misinterpretation in Zapruder but when you use the Zapruder film in addition to the physical evidence then everything becomes clear.

Physical evidence of what, though?

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2018, 08:53:42 PM »
"Hesitant".  LOL.

Brennan saw Oswald on television before he even went to the lineup where he didn't make a positive ID.  That alone invalidated it.

Brennan's testimony under oath can only be an honest recollection embellishment.

The shooter was crouched behind boxes and hidden by bricks at the time Brennan saw him "taking aim" with a rifle, and yet he somehow estimated his height, weight, age, and clothing.  Incorrectly, I might add, if it was Oswald.

Physical evidence of what, though?

"Hesitant".  LOL.

Sure, and let's not forget the Oswald that Brennan saw was beat up, cut, bruised with a giant welt over his left eye, so naturally Brennan was hesitant.

So Brennan who says stuff that you don't like is an embellisher, just like McDonald at the Texas Theater who was also an embellisher, do you a see a pattern? LOL!

Besides the back and to the left in the Zapruder film which when shown on National TV directly led to the formation of the HSCA, please tell me what else is a major factor in the general population's 200,000,000 conspiracy believers that leads to a conspiracy?

What almost assuredly put the reinvestigation movement over the top was the first showing of the Zapruder film (which was not authorized by Life magazine or the Zapruder family) to the American people on ABC on the evening of March 6, 1975.* Since the Geraldo Rivera?hosted show Goodnight America was on network television, a vast audience of everyday Americans saw, for the first time, the president?s violent head snap to the rear, ostensibly indicating a shot from the front, not the rear where Oswald was supposed to be. As conspiracy theorist Jim DiEugenio puts it, ?The effect of this public showing of the Zapruder film was, in a word, electrifying. The day after, the Kennedy assassination was topic number one in bars and barber shops across America. The case was back on the front burner,?230 the New York Times noting the ?widespread response? the show had ?generated.?23
RHVB

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2018, 08:53:42 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2018, 09:08:59 PM »
So Brennan who says stuff that you don't like is an embellisher, just like McDonald at the Texas Theater who was also an embellisher, do you a see a pattern? LOL!

It has nothing to do with what I like.  Brennan is demonstrably an embellisher:

I looked up then at the Texas Book Depository Building. What I saw made my ?blood run cold.?

Poised in the corner window of the sixth floor was the same young man I had noticed several times before the motorcade arrived. There was one difference?this time he held a rifle in his hands, pointing toward the Presidential car. He steadied the rifle against the cornice and while he moved quickly, he didn?t seem to be in any kind of panic. All of this happened in the matter of a second or two. Then came the sickening sound of a second shot and I looked quickly back to the presidential car which had moved only a few feet, still not apparently aware that it was the assassin?s target.

I saw Governor John Connally reacting to being wounded and the instinctive response of his wife to try and help him. I remember thinking, ?Oh my God! He?s going to kill them, he?s going to kill them all!? The immensity and horror of what I was witnessing almost overwhelmed me. I wanted to cry, I wanted to scream, but I couldn?t utter a sound. I could only watch the whole monstrous drama unfold.

Just then a woman close to me screamed in full realization of what was happening. She uttered something like, ?Oh, my God!? But even as she did my eyes darted back to that solitary figure who was changing history. He was aiming again and I wanted to pray, to beg God to somehow make him miss his target. There wasn?t time to pray, not even time to think about what I was seeing but the sight became so fixed in my mind that I?ll never forget it for as long as I live. There was nothing I could do. It was a hopeless, sinking feeling. I would have gladly given my life in that moment to be able to save the President, but no one could move fast enough to shield him with his own body. Then another shot rang out.

All of this took only a few seconds. I didn?t realize at that moment that I was the only person who was actually watching the man firing the rifle. Simultaneous with the third shot, I swung my eyes back to the Presidential car which had moved on down to my left on Elm, and I saw a sight that made my whole being sink in despair. A spray of red came from around the President?s head. I knew the bullet had struck its intended target. Later, I would learn that the whole scene had taken less than ten seconds. In retrospect, it seemed like several minutes.

By the time the third shot had been fired, there was sheer pandemonium. Everyone was fully aware that the noise they were hearing was shots, not backfire. This was really happening. It was like a nightmare, only I couldn?t wake up from it. No one had to tell me what was ahead. The moment I saw the effects of the third shot, I knew that the assassin had been successful. No person could have survived that kind of wound.

Mass confusion and hysteria set in and I must admit, I was feeling it too. People were screaming. Men and women dressed in their fine suits and dresses, fell to the ground, getting them dirty, but hopefully getting out of the line of fire. At that moment, no one but me seemed to know where the shots had come from. By now uniformed policemen and plain clothes police, who I assumed were Secret Service or F.B.I. Agents came running from every direction. I jumped from the wall to try to get out of the line of fire. I never saw so many guns in my life. Most of the police were running towards the triple underpass which perhaps was a hundred feet or so ahead of the motorcade. Some were running towards an area to the right, slightly raised, which has come to be called the ?Grassy Knoll.? Much speculation has been raised about whether there was another gunman there who was trying to catch the President in a cross-fire. Having witnessed the whole scene, I can say with certainty there was only one gunman present that day and all shots were fired from the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository. It is easy to understand why many thought the shots were coming from the area of the underpass as the buildings and open area combine to produce an ?echo? effect.

Even as I hit the ground, my first instinct was to look back up to that man on the sixth floor. ?Was he going to fire again?? I wondered. By now the motorcade was beginning to speed up and in only a couple of seconds the President?s car had disappeared under the triple underpass. To my amazement the man still stood there in the window! He didn?t appear to be rushed. There was no particular emotion visible on his face except for a slight smirk. It was a look of satisfaction, as if he had accomplished what he had set out to do. He seemed pleased that no one had realized where the shots were coming from. Then he did something that puzzled me. Very slowly and deliberately he set the rifle on its butt and just stayed there for a moment to savor what he had done, like a hunter who has ?bagged his buck.? Then, with no sense of haste, he simply moved slowly away from the window until he disappeared from my line of vision.

So is McDonald.
- He said Oswald yelled out ?Well, it?s all over now? as he stood up (or was it "this is it")?
- He took sole credit for ordering Adrian Hamby and the others out of the library and determining it was a false alarm
- He took credit for handcuffing Oswald in the Texas Theater
- He claimed to be the one who informed Fritz that Oswald was in custody

He used to hand out these out for godsake:

Besides the back and to the left in the Zapruder film which when shown on National TV directly led to the formation of the HSCA, please tell me what else is a major factor in the general population's 200,000,000 conspiracy believers that leads to a conspiracy?

I have no idea.  But I wouldn't just make up an answer and claim that it was "safe to say".

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2018, 09:13:56 PM »

JohnM

Do you begin to see the pattern?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2018, 09:13:56 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2018, 09:20:10 PM »

It has nothing to do with what I like.  Brennan is demonstrably an embellisher:

So is McDonald.
- He said Oswald yelled out ?Well, it?s all over now? as he stood up (or was it "this is it")?
- He took sole credit for ordering Adrian Hamby and the others out of the library and determining it was a false alarm
- He took credit for handcuffing Oswald in the Texas Theater
- He claimed to be the one who informed Fritz that Oswald was in custody

He used to hand out these out for godsake:

I have no idea.  But I wouldn't just make up an answer and claim that it was "safe to say".

It has nothing to do with what I like.

Says the guy who takes selfies at Oswald's grave, WOW!

Brennan is demonstrably an embellisher:

Is that from Brennan's book, who wrote the book and when was it published?

So is McDonald.

Yeah a real first class Embellisher. WTF?

I have no idea. 

You can say that again, blind Bambi.

But I wouldn't just make up an answer and claim that it was "safe to say".

Hardly, even if less than 5% of the population formed their opinion of conspiracy based on the "back and to the left" then my original analysis of millions holds true but from living in the real world, you know the one outside your window, we both know that the figure is a lot more than 5%.

JohnM

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2018, 09:38:03 PM »
Says the guy who takes selfies at Oswald's grave, WOW!

I never took selfies at Oswald's grave.  How long do you think my arms are?  Even longer than you think Buell Frazier's arms are?  And what does that have to do with anything?

Is that from Brennan's book, who wrote the book and when was it published?

Brennan's name is on the cover.  Are you getting ready to make an argument that something has to be published as soon as it's written?

Yeah a real first class Embellisher. WTF?

You have a point.  I was being kind.  I should have just said "liar".

You can say that again, blind Bambi.

It's called intellectual honesty.  If you don't know something, don't just make up an answer.

Hardly, even if less than 5% of the population formed their opinion of conspiracy based on the "back and to the left" then my original analysis of millions holds true but from living in the real world, you know the one outside your window, we both know that the figure is a lot more than 5%.

Pulling random statistics out of your azz is hardly a compelling argument.  And you don't have the slightest clue what "we both know".
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 09:48:10 PM by John Iacoletti »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2018, 09:38:03 PM »

Offline John Anderson

« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2018, 09:45:49 PM »
I certainly believe Brennan is talking out his arse as are all the other 'I saw the shooter' witnesses. I believe they all would have had something important to say had they not embellished their stories. No way Brennan saw as much as he says or as clear as he says. I believe he saw something though. Shame he ruined it all by launching into Shakespeare mode.