Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Crowds running towards grassy knoll / Ferrie's library card  (Read 3709 times)

Offline Robert Reeves

Re: Crowds running towards grassy knoll / Ferrie's library card
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2021, 07:51:06 AM »
Advertisement

And the odd behavior of the dark skinned male on the knoll steps that only turned and ran up towards the top of wall area ...  once JFK's head exploded in front of him. Would have made a lot of people suspicious about his actions.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2021, 07:51:06 AM »

Offline Anthony Frank

• The CIA’s Quest to Control the Government
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2021, 08:11:34 AM »
Maybe people should read my thread titled: "What the People in Dealey Plaza HEARD is Important, not what they saw."

https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,3000.0.html

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2021, 04:27:30 PM »
Maybe people should read my thread titled: "What the People in Dealey Plaza HEARD is Important, not what they saw."

It's so easy to detect sound origin in an urban environment, military and cities around the world needlessly spent $100s of millions on Shot Locator Systems.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2021, 04:27:30 PM »

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2021, 03:11:26 AM »
I recently read a book about the Orville Nix movie and it mentioned an old documentary from the 1980s entitled 'The Day The Dream Died' which I found on YouTube and thought I'd watch (Click here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63FjqTDeajY&list=PLFD58F582EA9F40AD if you feel like wasting an hour watching it).
But anyway, that's just my own musing. What I actually wanted to post about was the topic of David Ferrie's library card which was mentioned in the documentary as being found in Oswald's wallet when he was arrested. It's something that I've read so many conflicting reports about saying it was or it wasn't. What is the official word on that? Was it actually found on him or not and if so, what was the explanation for it being there?

Hi Vince, this should clear it up; "Jack Martin also told bail bondsman Hardy Davis that he had heard on television that Ferrie's New Orleans library card had been found in Oswald's possession when he was arrested in Dallas. Davis reported this to Ferrie's employer, the lawyer G. Wray Gill. (In fact, no such library card was found among Oswald's possessions.) Ferrie subsequently visited both Oswald's former New Orleans landlady and a former neighbour about this report. Ferrie was able to produce his library card for FBI agents who interviewed him on November 27, 1963."

Offline Vincent Baxter

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2021, 12:00:01 PM »
Hi Vince, this should clear it up; "Jack Martin also told bail bondsman Hardy Davis that he had heard on television that Ferrie's New Orleans library card had been found in Oswald's possession when he was arrested in Dallas. Davis reported this to Ferrie's employer, the lawyer G. Wray Gill. (In fact, no such library card was found among Oswald's possessions.) Ferrie subsequently visited both Oswald's former New Orleans landlady and a former neighbour about this report. Ferrie was able to produce his library card for FBI agents who interviewed him on November 27, 1963."

Ah, thank you. This is what I suspected.
Surely conspiracy theorists wouldn't make nonsense up solely to support their illogical accounts and to sell books, would they?  ;)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2021, 12:00:01 PM »

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2021, 12:12:38 PM »
Strange that somebody (?) would report that Ferrie's library card was found in Oswald's possessions. I wonder who said that and why.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2021, 07:53:13 PM »
I think what happened there is that Curry, who was in the lead car, thought the shots came from the overpass. He ordered on the radio to get some men into the railroad yard. The police responded and ran there. When the people saw the police running into the railroad yard they ran up the grassy knoll to see what was happening.

(The spectators) ran up the grassy knoll to see what was happening.

That's correct....  The spectators wanted to see who the police arrested.....  Mr B..... Is a great Monday morning Q - back.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2021, 07:53:13 PM »

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2021, 07:55:46 PM »
Strange that somebody (?) would report that Ferrie's library card was found in Oswald's possessions. I wonder who said that and why.

It was never reported on TV as claimed. So the whole thing must have been imagined by Jack Martin.