Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Did someone fake this FPCC handbill?  (Read 1538 times)

Online Gerry Down

Did someone fake this FPCC handbill?
« on: July 26, 2021, 12:07:41 AM »
Advertisement
The below image shows three FPCC handbills:

Now, if you look closely at the first one, the one stamped "L.H. OSWALD 544 CAMP ST. NEW ORLEANS LA" you'll see that it has larger font for the stamped address than the other two handbills (which are for his PO Box 30016 address and his 4907 Magazine Street address).

To see a larger image of the 544 Camp Street address handbill, check out this link: https://neworleanshistorical.org/items/show/1470

The question then is - did someone fake the handbill which has the address as 544 Camp Street. As far as i know, FPCC handbills were found among Oswalds possessions after the Kennedy assassination that were marked with the 544 Camp Street address but i've failed to find a source or link on the internet proving this. Anyone got a link to this? I thought the image of the 544 Camp Street FPCC handbill above was proof of such a handbills existence, but when I spotted that the font was much larger for the 544 Camp Street stamp than the stamp used on the other two handbills I questioned this assumption.

Oswald had a stamp kit but as far as I know, the letters on that stamp kit were all the same size. Check out the stamp kit here: https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh16/html/WH_Vol16_0255b.htm

So what is going on here?

JFK Assassination Forum

Did someone fake this FPCC handbill?
« on: July 26, 2021, 12:07:41 AM »

Offline John Mytton

Re: Did someone fake this FPCC handbill?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 03:27:18 AM »
The below image shows three FPCC handbills:

Now, if you look closely at the first one, the one stamped "L.H. OSWALD 544 CAMP ST. NEW ORLEANS LA" you'll see that it has larger font for the stamped address than the other two handbills (which are for his PO Box 30016 address and his 4907 Magazine Street address).

To see a larger image of the 544 Camp Street address handbill, check out this link: https://neworleanshistorical.org/items/show/1470

The question then is - did someone fake the handbill which has the address as 544 Camp Street. As far as i know, FPCC handbills were found among Oswalds possessions after the Kennedy assassination that were marked with the 544 Camp Street address but i've failed to find a source or link on the internet proving this. Anyone got a link to this? I thought the image of the 544 Camp Street FPCC handbill above was proof of such a handbills existence, but when I spotted that the font was much larger for the 544 Camp Street stamp than the stamp used on the other two handbills I questioned this assumption.

Oswald had a stamp kit but as far as I know, the letters on that stamp kit were all the same size. Check out the stamp kit here: https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh16/html/WH_Vol16_0255b.htm

So what is going on here?

JohnM

Online Gerry Down

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 03:42:37 AM »
Thanks John. All blanks? I must find that source I came across. I thought I read somewhere that lho had 544 camp street stamped handbills among his possession after assassination. Surely someone would not have faked the fpcc handbill with 544 camp street on it as in my opening post. Would they?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 03:42:37 AM »

Online Gerry Down

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 10:44:11 PM »
According to page 140 of Gerald Posers book "Case Closed" (Paperback edition), it states:

"But what of Oswald's stamp "544 Camp Street" on some of his Fair Play for Cuba leaflets?

On the next page, he again uses "leaflets" plural. The 544 Camp Street address was on one "The Crime Against Cuba" pamphlet but that was a pamphlet, as in it had pages, and not a leaflet or a handbill which usually are only one page.

Online Gerry Down

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2021, 03:58:49 AM »
It looks like there are two different "The Crime Against Cuba" leaflets with the 544 Camp Street stamp. Check out the below two images:

In the second one, it could be some zerox error but one stamp looks like it is underlined while the other has no underline.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 04:08:03 AM by Gerry Down »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2021, 03:58:49 AM »