Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Bobby Hargis on the old Route 66 TV show  (Read 4696 times)

Offline Steve Wilson

Bobby Hargis on the old Route 66 TV show
« on: June 01, 2021, 04:34:28 AM »
Advertisement
I was binge watching the old Route 66 TV show on Roku today, and was surprised to see DPD motorcycle officer Bobby Hargis portraying a Dallas Police Officer in a show set in Dallas from episode 19 of the second season, originally shown on February 16, 1962. The episode was called "Aren't You Surprised to See Me?" The officer looked familiar to me, so I checked the credits after the show and sure enough. He only appeared briefly, but there he was. Also some scenes shot at Love field and other Dallas locations.

I just found out Mr. Hargis passed away April 14, 2021, about 6 weeks ago. RIP
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 05:03:46 AM by Steve Wilson »

JFK Assassination Forum

Bobby Hargis on the old Route 66 TV show
« on: June 01, 2021, 04:34:28 AM »

Offline Joe Elliott

Re: Bobby Hargis on the old Route 66 TV show
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2021, 08:20:45 PM »
Interesting coincidence. You were very alert to spot that. I wonder how Bobby Hargis was chosen to appear in a Route 66 episode.

Another interesting coincidence was that Ted Cassidy, who became an actor playing Lurch the giant butler on the 1960’s ‘The Addams Family’, was a reporter who interview witnesses at Dealey Plaza right after the assassination and his voice is found on the WFAA radio recordings.

Another interesting coincidence is that Charles Bronson was one of the half dozen people who was filming the motorcade at the time the President was assassinated. However, this was not the famous actor but a man who just happened to have the same name as the stage name of the actor.