Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Opposing a 1/6 Commission: The Disgrace of the Republicans  (Read 13748 times)

Offline Rick Plant

Re: Opposing a 1/6 Commission: The Disgrace of the Republicans
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2021, 11:39:27 AM »
Advertisement
All these right wing extremist MAGA scumbags need to be locked up for a long time.

49 Trump insurrectionists accused of destroying evidence after documenting their Capitol attack: report
https://www.rawstory.com/trump-insurrectionist-coverup/

FBI launches new front in arresting Capitol insurrectionists: report
https://www.rawstory.com/trump-capitol-violence/

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2021, 11:39:27 AM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2021, 04:37:06 AM »
Yes, this MAGA mob are domestic terrorists. 

Capitol rioters formed fake 'Bible study' group as cover for manufacturing explosives: report
https://www.rawstory.com/capitol-riot-arrests-2653692324/

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2021, 02:02:48 PM »
How a Neo-Nazi race war novel from 1978 helped inspire the Capitol insurrection

The Turner Diaries, a neo-Nazi race-war novel from 1978 that has long been influential in right-wing extremist circles, helped fuel the Jan. 6 insurrection, according to one prominent historian who studies white supremacy and political violence.

Appearing on the Daily Beast's "Fever Dreams" podcast this week, University of Chicago assistant professor of history Kathleen Belew noted that the book, The Turner Diaries, even includes a fictional attack on the Capitol.

"Please don't go buy this book. The money can still go back to white power groups if you do," Belew said. "It's the book that's very important to Timothy McVeigh before the Oklahoma City bombing. And it's come back up around January 6th. We have footage of Proud Boys instructing journalists to go read The Turner Diaries."

Among other things, Belew said a noose and makeshift gallows erected outside the Capitol during the insurrection was a possible reference the The Turner Diaries, which includes a story about "The Day of the Rope."

The New York Times first reported on links between The Turner Diaries and the Capitol insurrection in January, when Amazon removed the book from its site.

"A group of white supremacists attacks the Capitol in an effort to overthrow the U.S. government," the Times wrote, describing the book's plot. "Dozens are killed in the assault, including members of Congress and their staffers. But in the insurrectionists' view, the greater victory is symbolic."

The NYT called the book "one of the most influential texts among white nationalists and right-wing extremists," adding that in addition to the Oklahoma City bombing, it has inspired dozens of other acts of violence over the years, and serves as a blueprint for how to enact an insurrection.

"The narrative, presented as found diary entries, follows white people who form terrorist cells and start a race war," the NYT reported. "The attacks they launch include a bombing of F.B.I. headquarters, a mortar attack on the Capitol and 'the Day of the Rope,' in which 'race traitors' are lynched, including 'the politicians, the lawyers, the businessmen, the TV newscasters, the newspaper reporters and editors, the judges, the teachers, the school officials, the civic leaders, the bureaucrats, the preachers.' Eventually, the group takes control of the United States and carries out genocide on a global scale. ...

"Scholars and historians have expressed concern about the book's availability in the United States," the Times reported. "As more social media networks crack down on hate speech and calls to violence, some extremists may turn to books as a way to spread their ideology."

Listen to the Fever Dreams podcast below.

https://www.rawstory.com/the-turner-diaries/

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2021, 02:02:48 PM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2021, 12:43:49 AM »
Yes, these right wing extremists are domestic terrorists.

FBI reportedly uncovered an extremist group that pursued 'bomb-building' in Jan. 6 case
https://www.rawstory.com/fbi-reportedly-uncovered-an-extremist-group-that-pursued-bomb-building-in-jan-6-case/

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2021, 10:51:55 PM »
Yes, these right wing extremists are domestic terrorists.
One person was shot and killed not even inside the Capitol on Jan 6. 
More than 230 people fatally shot in shootings over the Fourth of July weekend
By Emma Tucker, Omar Jimenez and Kristina Sgueglia, CNN
 Wed July 7, 2021
(CNN)At least 233 people were killed and 618 people were injured by gun violence in more than 500 shootings across the country during the Fourth of July weekend, a 26% drop from last year's holiday weekend, according to the latest data compiled by the Gun Violence Archive.
According to data released Tuesday morning, which looks at shootings from 5 p.m. Friday through Monday, there were 314 fatal shootings with 751 injuries during the same period last year, the GVA said.
The significant drop in shootings and shooting victims comes as major cities nationwide confront a surge in violent crime.

Last year's holiday weekend came as the nation was starting to reopen after the pandemic's stay-at-home orders and amid mass protests related to the killing of George Floyd. CNN has requested 2019 data.
I don't know if that includes the 3 Trump supporters that were shot dead on their golf course in Georgia.
100 people shot, 18 killed in Chicago
In Chicago, after Police Superintendent David Brown raised concerns before the "most challenging weekend of the year" for police, 100 people were shot and 18 people were killed from 6 p.m. Friday to 11:59 p.m. Monday, according to the Chicago Police Department. There were 69 shooting incidents during that period, police said.
There were the same amount of murders last year, but the number of shooting incidents and victims increased, according to data from Kellie Bartoli with the Chicago Police Department. There were 83 shooting victims and 18 murders in 47 shooting incidents from July 2-5, 2020, she told CNN in an email.
One of the 14 people killed was a member of the Illinois Army National Guard, CNN affiliate WLS reported. His family identified him on social media as Chrys Carvajal, though the Cook County medical examiner has not officially released his name.
More disgrace here---
https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/05/us/us-shootings-july-fourth-weekend/index.html
Prospective........
I will wager that some 99.8% of the shootings and deaths both this 4th weekend and last occurred in Democrat controlled American cities/counties. Where is the all outrage there?
Doesn't matter huh? Some people would lynch their own mother if they knew she voted for Trump.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2021, 10:51:55 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2021, 11:40:33 PM »
I don't know if that includes the 3 Trump supporters that were shot dead on their golf course in Georgia.

On Breitbart again?

Prospective........
I will wager that some 99.8% of the shootings and deaths both this 4th weekend and last occurred in Democrat controlled American cities/counties. Where is the all outrage there?
Doesn't matter huh? Some people would lynch their own mother if they knew she voted for Trump.

Well, these states are largely Republican: Ohio, Texas, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina.

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2021, 12:54:03 AM »
Which is exactly why the seditious GOP voted against a 1/6 investigation into the Capitol insurrection by right wing MAGA domestic terrorists because they knew about it or helped coordinate the entire thing. 

GOP Rep. reveals suspicions that other Republicans knew about plans for the Jan. 6 insurrection

Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill., one of the few Republicans to vehemently deny Donald Trump's claims of widespread election fraud, said that he suspects some of his Republican colleagues could have predicted the Capitol riot and even supported it.

"I won't name names, but yes, I do have that suspicion," Kinzinger told the New York Times Magazine in an interview. "I will say, if you just looked at Twitter — the whole reason I brought my gun and kept my staff home and told my wife to stay in the apartment was looking at Twitter. I saw the threats."

Kinzinger specifically called out a Jan. 6 tweet posted by Rep. Lauren Boebert, R-Colo., just prior to Trump's rally: "Today is 1776." Critics have speculated that Boebert was either aware of the rioters' plans to breach the U.S. Capitol building and/or calling for violent civilian protest.

"I don't know what that meant other than this is the time for revolution," Kinzinger said. "Maybe it was a dumb tweet that she didn't mean. Fine. I'll give her that credit for now. But if you have members of Congress who were involved in nurturing an insurrection, heck yeah we need to know."

During the insurrection, Boebert also publicized the exact location of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif. Rep. Eric Swalwell, D-Calif., later claimed that Boebert "was told by the Sergeant of Arms in the chamber to not make any social media posts. It was said repeatedly. She defied it because she is more closely aligned with the terrorists than the patriots."

Late last month, Pelosi moved forward with her plan to assemble a select committee to investigate the Capitol riot after facing opposition from Senate GOP members. Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., called the idea "purely" a "political exercise."

Kinzinger is just one of ten House Republicans who voted back in January to impeach the former president for inciting the violent insurrection that unfolded on the Capitol earlier this year. But perhaps with the exception of Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo. – who was ousted from her leadership position in May over her apparent lack fealty to Trump – Kinzinger has been the most outspoken in his condemnation of the former president's election fraud conspiracies.

In the Times Magazine interview, Kinzinger said he believes that "the vast majority" of Republicans "agree with my position; they just aren't speaking out."

"If you're scared to tell the truth to people, I understand, but you need to find a different line of work," he argued. "On something as existential as this, as threatening to the Constitution — my goodness."

Earlier this year, Kinzinger launched his Country First PAC, a never-Trump political action committee that set out to reform the Republican Party, which he described as being "in the middle of this slow sink," much like the Titanic.

"We have a band playing on the deck telling everybody it's fine," he said. "And meanwhile, as I've said, you know, Donald Trump's running around trying to find women's clothing and get on the first lifeboat."

Though Kinzinger has expressed opposition to Trump, he has in the past politicked along staunchly conservative lines, voting to repeal the Affordable Care Act and repeal the Dodd–Frank Act. He also voted against the Equality Act and supports punishing sanctuary cities.

https://www.rawstory.com/republicans-knew-jan-6/

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2021, 12:54:03 AM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2021, 12:55:38 AM »
Violent right wing hate groups and far right wing extremism is the biggest threat to Americs today.

Michigan braces for violence as Proud Boys plan to descend upon major city
https://www.rawstory.com/proud-boys-michigan/