Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Rubys entry through the Main Street ramp  (Read 1601 times)

Offline Gerry Down

Rubys entry through the Main Street ramp
« on: May 27, 2021, 04:16:41 AM »
Advertisement
There are lots of photos from 1963 showing the main street ramp from the inside of the Dallas Police Department basement. But I have yet to see one from the outside. The reason I bring this up is because I am wondering if the ramp entry as we see it today (as in the below image) is a true representation of how the ramp entrance looked in 1963. While the various testimonies talk about a short concrete curb or banister at either side of the ramp entrance to protect against pedestrians being hit by cars leaving the ramp from the basement, one account in the record talks about there being railings of some sort on or near these concrete curbs/banisters. Here is an account from Napoleon Daniels who was positioned outside the ramp at the time Ruby was supposed to have got in:

SOURCE: https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh19/html/WH_Vol19_0220a.htm

The question is, did these concrete banisters originally have iron railings on them? The current day concrete banister on the west side of the ramp entrance does have some short iron railings near it. You can see these painted green in the above image. But there are none on the east side of the ramp entrance which is where Daniels said he was positioned.

JFK Assassination Forum

Rubys entry through the Main Street ramp
« on: May 27, 2021, 04:16:41 AM »

Online Charles Collins

Re: Rubys entry through the Main Street ramp
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2021, 01:41:00 PM »
I’m not sure the exact date this image was taken. But it appears to be from that time period.

I found it on this webpage (scroll down about 1/3 of the way):

https://www.orwelltoday.com/readerjfkoswaldpolicecountyjail.shtml

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2021, 07:27:41 PM »
Thanks. That picture looks from about the correct time frame. There appears to be no "iron railings" on the east side of the ramp but just a sign post and a letter box.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2021, 07:27:41 PM »

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2021, 03:19:31 AM »
At 20 minutes in on the below video Sam Pierce who was driving the car which distracted Vaughn says that an off-duty police officer in a parking lot across the street from the ramp entrance saw Ruby go down the ramp. I've never heard this before. An off-duty officer Donald Flusche was in the same general location Sam Pierce seems to be describing but Flusche says he was watching the ramp and Ruby did NOT go down the ramp (See page 456 of "No More Silence"). Why didn't Stephen Fagin press Pierce on the name of the officer he was getting this information from?? At the end of the video Pierce says he is sure that Ruby got in past Vaughn even though he personally did not see that happening.

However at 9 minutes in on the following segment from "The Men Who Killed Kennedy" a journalist (name unknown?) says he saw Ruby come from behind a green car and jumped up over the rail. This seems to fit the theory that the HSCA were running with:

Very tough to reconcile these sets of eyewitness testimonies.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2021, 05:54:16 PM »
At 20 minutes in on the below video Sam Pierce who was driving the car which distracted Vaughn says that an off-duty police officer in a parking lot across the street from the ramp entrance saw Ruby go down the ramp. I've never heard this before. An off-duty officer Donald Flusche was in the same general location Sam Pierce seems to be describing but Flusche says he was watching the ramp and Ruby did NOT go down the ramp (See page 456 of "No More Silence"). Why didn't Stephen Fagin press Pierce on the name of the officer he was getting this information from?? At the end of the video Pierce says he is sure that Ruby got in past Vaughn even though he personally did not see that happening.

However at 9 minutes in on the following segment from "The Men Who Killed Kennedy" a journalist (name unknown?) says he saw Ruby come from behind a green car and jumped up over the rail. This seems to fit the theory that the HSCA were running with:

Very tough to reconcile these sets of eyewitness testimonies.

Based on his description of his location during the time in question, Flusche was approximately 300-ft away from the entrance into the DPD basement parking area. I think his opinion that Ruby didn’t enter via that entrance would be more believable if he had been in the entranceway helping Vaughn guard it. But he wasn’t, and I find Ruby’s description of how he entered the basement perfectly believable.

By the way, if LHO had survived and had described exactly how he accomplished everything, I think that there would still be a lot of people who wouldn’t believe him either. These people already have their minds made up that there must have been a conspiracy. And no amount of reasoning is going to convince them otherwise. This is why the controversy will never end....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2021, 05:54:16 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2021, 09:29:09 PM »
Jim Garrison dies and arrives at the Pearly Gates.
His first question is obvious.

God responds:
'Oswald, by himself'

Garrison exclaims 'WOW! I had no idea the conspiracy went this high!'