Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: Case Report on Lee Harvey Oswald by J. W. Fritz  (Read 1539 times)

Online Tom Sorensen

Re: Case Report on Lee Harvey Oswald by J. W. Fritz
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2018, 06:33:38 PM »
However, among the group of "Tippit-witnesses" we do find George Applin, the only patron listed. Anyone buying Westbrooks explanation:

Mr. BALL. Were you the senior officer there?
Mr. WESTBROOK. Possibly--I don't think there was another captain there. There was a lieutenant and then I ordered all of them to be sure and take the names of everyone in the theatre at that time.
Mr. BALL. We have asked for names of people in the theatre and we have only come up with the name of George Applin. Do you know of any others?
Mr. WESTBROOK. He possibly might have been the only one in there at the time the rest of them might have been working there, because I'm sure at that time of day you would have more employees than you would have patrons.
Mr. BALL. You didn't take the names of any of the patrons?
Mr. WESTBROOK. No, Sir.

Any one buying this? Wait, there is one more hint:

Mr. BALL. Do you have any questions?
Mr. ELY. Yes; I have one. Captain, you mentioned that you had left orders for somebody to take the names of everybody in the theatre, and you also stated you did not have this list; do you know who has it?
Mr. WESTBROOK. No; possibly Lieutenant Cunningham will know, but I don't know who has the list.
Mr. ELY. That's all.

Quickly lost interest in that list, Westbrook, but Cunningham seems to have been active in getting names of witnesses:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (on page 2)

George Applin must be the witness he's referring to and Toney confirms names were taken as the doors were locked and Cunningham is named as the officer in charge, not Westbrook.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

(Conningham also names E.E. Tayler -- Toney does not -- but I can't find his report)

How hard did the WC look for that list and did they talk to Cunningham and Toney?

Also worth noting these reports dates come out just prior to the Brewer/Postal affidavits...

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2018, 06:33:38 PM »

Offline Steve Thomas

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2018, 09:23:00 PM »

(Conningham also names E.E. Tayler -- Toney does not -- but I can't find his report)

How hard did the WC look for that list and did they talk to Cunningham and Toney?

Tom,

Toney's report is in Box 5, Folder# 2, Item# 82 of the DPD Archives see p. 2)

Steve Thomas

Online Walt Cakebread

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2018, 11:54:44 PM »
However, among the group of "Tippit-witnesses" we do find George Applin, the only patron listed. Anyone buying Westbrooks explanation:

Mr. BALL. Were you the senior officer there?
Mr. WESTBROOK. Possibly--I don't think there was another captain there. There was a lieutenant and then I ordered all of them to be sure and take the names of everyone in the theatre at that time.
Mr. BALL. We have asked for names of people in the theatre and we have only come up with the name of George Applin. Do you know of any others?
Mr. WESTBROOK. He possibly might have been the only one in there at the time the rest of them might have been working there, because I'm sure at that time of day you would have more employees than you would have patrons.
Mr. BALL. You didn't take the names of any of the patrons?
Mr. WESTBROOK. No, Sir.

Any one buying this? Wait, there is one more hint:

Mr. BALL. Do you have any questions?
Mr. ELY. Yes; I have one. Captain, you mentioned that you had left orders for somebody to take the names of everybody in the theatre, and you also stated you did not have this list; do you know who has it?
Mr. WESTBROOK. No; possibly Lieutenant Cunningham will know, but I don't know who has the list.
Mr. ELY. That's all.

Quickly lost interest in that list, Westbrook, but Cunningham seems to have been active in getting names of witnesses:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (on page 2)

George Applin must be the witness he's referring to and Toney confirms names were taken as the doors were locked and Cunningham is named as the officer in charge, not Westbrook.

Also worth noting these reports dates come out just prior to the Brewer/Postal affidavits...

Mr. WESTBROOK. He possibly might have been the only one in there at the time the rest of them might have been working there,

Captain, you mentioned that you had left orders for somebody to take the names of everybody in the theatre, and you also stated you did not have this list; do you know who has it?

Would that be a list of ONE.....??
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 11:58:24 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2018, 12:09:20 AM »
The list would have to at least include Gibson, the two guys they searched before Oswald, the guy on the stairs in the balcony, Jack Davis, and the pregnant woman.

Online Tom Sorensen

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2018, 02:36:47 PM »
Tom,

Toney's report is in Box 5, Folder# 2, Item# 82 of the DPD Archives see p. 2)

Steve Thomas

A big thank you, Steve, but I think you didn't mean what you typed as I was was looking for E.E. Tayler and he is item #81...

But all is good as he states all three took names and addresses of occupants in the TT and that they were told the suspect was in the balcony. That makes no sense as Brewer states:

Mr. BREWER - When we first went down to the exit by the stage, we heard a seat pop up, but couldn't see anybody. And we never did see him. But we went back and upstairs and checked, and we came down and went back to the box office and told Julia that we hadn't seen him.

Who told the supect was in the balcony?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2018, 02:36:47 PM »

Online Tom Sorensen

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2018, 02:50:45 PM »
The list would have to at least include Gibson, the two guys they searched before Oswald, the guy on the stairs in the balcony, Jack Davis, and the pregnant woman.

Postal estimated as many as 24 tickets sold ... nobody in the balcony was interviewed by the WC.

IMO there can be no doubt such a list existed. Since the December reports, implicitly, mentioning such a list was not sanitized it must have been considered an issue that could be fixed later should the WC show any interest said list.

Note: Cunningham is listed as investigating officer (with McD) in the OP Fritz report and none of "his" names on the alleged list is mentioned in the report...!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 03:00:03 PM by Tom Sorensen »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2018, 05:03:23 PM »
Postal estimated as many as 24 tickets sold ... nobody in the balcony was interviewed by the WC.

IMO there can be no doubt such a list existed. Since the December reports, implicitly, mentioning such a list was not sanitized it must have been considered an issue that could be fixed later should the WC show any interest said list.

Note: Cunningham is listed as investigating officer (with McD) in the OP Fritz report and none of "his" names on the alleged list is mentioned in the report...!

It's pretty obvious why the list of patrons was "lost".  They wanted to control the narrative of what happened at the theater.

Offline Steve Thomas

« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2018, 07:23:17 PM »
A big thank you, Steve, but I think you didn't mean what you typed as I was was looking for E.E. Tayler and he is item #81...

Who told the supect was in the balcony?

Tom,

According to the Dispatch tapes, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
At 1:44, Patrolaman 79, B.N. Anglin radios in:

79 (Ptm. B.N. Arglin) "I'm here at 19's location. Any message for him?"

The Dispatcher replies: "10-4. We have information that a suspect just went in the Texas Theater on West Jefferson. Supposed to be hiding in the balcony."

In other words, the Dispatcher is asking Anglin to relay that information to Sergeant C.B. Owens, but there is no indication of where that information came from. In fact, just prior to that, at 1:44, #87, Patrolman R.C. Nelson had radioed in and asked where the suspect's last known location was.
87 (Ptm. R.C. Nelson) What was the last location anybody had on that suspect out here in Oak Cliff?
The Dispatcher relied, “Running north on Patton.”
Wherever the Dispatcher got the information about the Theater, it didn't come from the police radio bands. Was it Julia Postal's telephone call?

Steve Thomas

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2018, 07:23:17 PM »

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2018, 07:46:03 PM »
Pardon the novice perspective, but was Tippit supposedly shot 3 or 4 times? Also I see lists of  the witnesses at the TT put out there, but apparently they are from sources other than DPD?  Is Burrough's the only witness to have claimed to have seen two different people arrested? Thanks

Online Walt Cakebread

« Reply #39 on: Today at 12:47:52 PM »
It's pretty obvious why the list of patrons was "lost".  They wanted to control the narrative of what happened at the theater.

They wanted to control the narrative of what happened at the theater.

Yes, that makes sense.....   They didn't want some schmuck sayin that he saw one of Hoover's agents hand the S&W revolver to  Lee before the police burst into the theater......

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #39 on: Today at 12:47:52 PM »