Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: Case Report on Lee Harvey Oswald by J. W. Fritz  (Read 2919 times)

Online Tom Sorensen

Re: Case Report on Lee Harvey Oswald by J. W. Fritz
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2018, 01:12:37 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
once again...good stuff
...and of course all the wacky things Guinyard says he saw...he showed up too late

Further to "The Gang of Three" ;-)

Note sign on shop in CE 538, the name referred to by Benavides:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2018, 01:12:37 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2018, 12:59:43 AM »

Where's the "THUMB PRINT" that Fritz lists in item number 3??    Whose thumbprint ??

Online Tom Sorensen

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2018, 08:21:09 AM »
Where's the "THUMB PRINT" that Fritz lists in item number 3??    Whose thumbprint ??

Considering the date on his report that's a big hmmmm....

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2018, 01:06:22 PM »
Further to "The Gang of Three" ;-)

Note sign on shop in CE 538, the name referred to by Benavides:

Top of page 2, item number 6....

We also found that this man had been stopped by officer ML Baker while coming down the stairs.  Mr Baker says that he stopped this man on the 3rd or 4th floor on the stairway, but as Mr Truly identified him as one of the employees, he was released.

At the time Fritz wrote this report he clearly thought that Lee Oswald had been encountered on the stairs on either the 3rd or 4th floor.

We now know that officer Marrion Baker and Roy Truly encountered Lee Oswald in the second floor lunchroom where he was calmly drinking a Coke.   But in this report and in Baker's affidavit the suspect was on either the 3rd or 4th floor.....  Who was the man that Baker and Truly encountered on either the 3rd or 4th floor?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 01:09:09 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Online Tom Sorensen

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2018, 01:09:53 PM »
RE Domingo Benavides

Something is not right with this guy and the official narrative concerning his presence at the Tiipit scene.

Considering the official documents (already mentioned is Benavides missing from the Fritz report) these are the reports by Poe/Jez (Poe was alledgedly handed two shells in a cigarette package by Benavides:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (supplementary)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (report to Curry)

Poe is supposed to be talking to both Markham and Benavides so how could it be that in both reports Benavides is not named and not listed by any address while Markham is listed by name and address, althougt last name is wrong (Marsille/Marsalle, maiden name?) and typo (8/9) in address. Don't forget: Markham is the one who is completely hysterical.

Next, we have two reports from Leavelle who kind of took charge of the investigation (since nobody else bothered):

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (case)

Again, Benavides is missing from the witness list, however, in his supplementary report he is present but note that Leavelle states "but did not see suspect". Not quite what he (Benavides) told the Commission! Also stated is that the only witness mentioned not giving affidavit is Scoggins (taken Saturday). What happened to the Benavides affidavit?

Leavelle's BS explanation about Benavides not showing up speaks for itself, but the exchange about the spelling is truly bizarre:

Mr. BALL. You also talked to Domingo Benavides?
Mr. LEAVELLE. yes.
Mr. BALL. D-o-m-i-n-g-o B-e-n-a-v-i-d-e-s [spelling]. I would think it would be spelled differently.
Mr. LEAVELLE. He was supposed to be Mexican descent but that Benavides is actually an Italian name, I believe.

Mr. BALL. Well, did you talk to him also?
Mr. LEAVELLE. I talked with him but I do not believe we ever took an affidavit off him that I recall--may have.
Mr. BALL. Didn't he tell you that he picked up some empty hulls?
Mr. LEAVELLE. Yes, he told me he picked them up and gave them to the officer. I remember the officer told me he had gotten the hulls from someone who gave them to him, and when I talked to Domingo, he said he was the one picked them up and give them to the officer.
Mr. BALL. Did you bring any of these men downtown?
Mr. LEAVELLE. No.
Mr. BALL. Did you ask them----
Mr. LEAVELLE. I called later--Ted Callaway--bring the others down; however, I think the Negro porter there, whatever his name is, is the only one he brought.
Mr. BALL. You say you told him to bring the others down? Who did you tell to bring down?
Mr. LEAVELLE. The porter and this Domingo.
Mr. BALL. But he only brought----
Mr. LEAVELLE. Sam Guinyard.
Mr. BALL. Do you know why Domingo Benavides was never brought down for the showup?
Mr. LEAVELLE. I think he said he never saw the man actually. I believe he said later on he did not see the man.
Mr. BALL. He testified here he saw the man running.
Mr. LEAVELLE. But he---either that or he told me he could not recognize him, one or the other.
Mr. BALL. Did you have a showup with Callaway and Guinyard?
Mr. LEAVELLE. Yes, I do not recall the time but we did.
Mr. BALL. Do you want to see your notes here; would that refresh your memory? Here is a report that you made, also. [Papers to witness.]

Leavelle's report on officer's duties is here:

Seems to confirm that Benavides dropped under the radar but note the address Leavelle gives: 509 E. Jefferson. This is next to 501 E. Jefferson, Dootch Motors' address, but when talking to the Commission he is on June Drive approx. four miles away (Bing maps).

Mr. BENAVIDES - 3112 June Drive.
Mr. BELIN - She can reach you at Dootch Motors?
Mr. BENAVIDES - Dootch Motors.
Mr. BELIN. What is the address?
Mr. BENAVIDES - 501 East Jefferson.

Benavides apparently took a break from the excitement on 10th before picking up the shells:

Mr. BENAVIDES - At the time I walked out, I guess I was scared, so I started across the street--alley between the two houses to my mother's house, and I got in the yard and I said I'd better go back, or Just caught myself until I got over there, I guess, so I went back around there.

Just speculating, but could his mother have been living at 509 E. Jefferson also connecting to the alley? Or was 509 part of Dootch Motors, did anybody check this? However, this is what Gunyard told the Commission:

Mr. BALL. What did you do?
Mr. GUINYARD. Helped put him in the ambulance.
Mr. BALL. You stayed there until the ambulance came?
Mr. GUINYARD. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Were you there when the truck came up that was driven by Benavides?
Mr. GUINYARD. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. He came up right after this?
Mr. GUINYARD. Yes; he came up from the east side---going west.
Mr. BALL. And then what did you do after that?
Mr. GUINYARD. Well, we stood there a while and talked and I called him Donnie, he picked up all them empty hulls that come out of the gun.

So Benavides arrived after Tippit was dead, OUCH! Not exactly what Benavides told, as he continued:

Mr. BELIN - When you went back, what did you do? First of all, was there anything up to that time that you saw there or that you did that you haven't related here that you can think of right now?
Mr. BENAVIDES - Well, I started--I seen him throw the shells and I started to stop and pick them up, and I thought I'd better not so when I came back, after I had gotten back, I picked up the shells.

First he thought not to pick them and not to point them out to the police but later good idea to also not point them out to the police but pick them up...

Did Benavides witness the shooting at all and did this shell picking actually take place?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 01:13:47 PM by Tom Sorensen »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2018, 01:09:53 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2018, 01:30:06 PM »
RE Domingo Benavides

Something is not right with this guy and the official narrative concerning his presence at the Tiipit scene.

Considering the official documents (already mentioned is Benavides missing from the Fritz report) these are the reports by Poe/Jez (Poe was alledgedly handed two shells in a cigarette package by Benavides:

Poe is supposed to be talking to both Markham and Benavides so how could it be that in both reports Benavides is not named and not listed by any address while Markham is listed by name and address, althougt last name is wrong (Marsille/Marsalle, maiden name?) and typo (8/9) in address. Don't forget: Markham is the one who is completely hysterical.

Next, we have two reports from Leavelle who kind of took charge of the investigation (since nobody else bothered):

Again, Benavides is missing from the witness list, however, in his supplementary report he is present but note that Leavelle states "but did not see suspect". Not quite what he (Benavides) told the Commission! Also stated is that the only witness mentioned not giving affidavit is Scoggins (taken Saturday). What happened to the Benavides affidavit?

Leavelle's BS explanation about Benavides not showing up speaks for itself, but the exchange about the spelling is truly bizarre:

Mr. LEAVELLE. yes.
Mr. BALL. D-o-m-i-n-g-o B-e-n-a-v-i-d-e-s [spelling]. I would think it would be spelled differently.
Mr. LEAVELLE. He was supposed to be Mexican descent but that Benavides is actually an Italian name, I believe.

Mr. LEAVELLE. I talked with him but I do not believe we ever took an affidavit off him that I recall--may have.
Mr. LEAVELLE. Yes, he told me he picked them up and gave them to the officer. I remember the officer told me he had gotten the hulls from someone who gave them to him, and when I talked to Domingo, he said he was the one picked them up and give them to the officer.
Mr. LEAVELLE. No.
Mr. LEAVELLE. I called later--Ted Callaway--bring the others down; however, I think the Negro porter there, whatever his name is, is the only one he brought.
Mr. BALL. You say you told him to bring the others down? Who did you tell to bring down?
Mr. BALL. Do you know why Domingo Benavides was never brought down for the showup?
Mr. LEAVELLE. I think he said he never saw the man actually. I believe he said later on he did not see the man.
Mr. LEAVELLE. But he---either that or he told me he could not recognize him, one or the other.
Mr. BALL. Do you want to see your notes here; would that refresh your memory? Here is a report that you made, also. [Papers to witness.]

Seems to confirm that Benavides dropped under the radar but note the address Leavelle gives: 509 E. Jefferson. This is next to 501 E. Jefferson, Dootch Motors' address, but when talking to the Commission he is on June Drive approx. four miles away (Bing maps).

Benavides apparently took a break from the excitement on 10th before picking up the shells:

Mr. BENAVIDES - At the time I walked out, I guess I was scared, so I started across the street--alley between the two houses to my mother's house, and I got in the yard and I said I'd better go back, or Just caught myself until I got over there, I guess, so I went back around there.

Just speculating, but could his mother have been living at 509 E. Jefferson also connecting to the alley? Or was 509 part of Dootch Motors, did anybody check this? However, this is what Gunyard told the Commission:

Mr. GUINYARD. Yes, sir.
Mr. GUINYARD. Yes, sir.
Mr. GUINYARD. Well, we stood there a while and talked and I called him Donnie, he picked up all them empty hulls that come out of the gun.

So Benavides arrived after Tippit was dead, OUCH! Not exactly what Benavides told, as he continued:

Mr. BELIN - When you went back, what did you do? First of all, was there anything up to that time that you saw there or that you did that you haven't related here that you can think of right now?
Mr. BENAVIDES - Well, I started--I seen him throw the shells and I started to stop and pick them up, and I thought I'd better not so when I came back, after I had gotten back, I picked up the shells.

First he thought not to pick them and not to point them out to the police but later good idea to also not point them out to the police but pick them up...

Did Benavides witness the shooting at all and did this shell picking actually take place?

There's no doubt that Domingo Benavides saw the man who killed JD Tippit and was only about twenty feet away from the killer when the killer looked him right in the eye.   Benavides KNEW that Lee Oswald was not the man who killed Tippit.   Benavides had seen Lee Oswald on TV and knew that Lee wasn't the killer....and he told the cops that he couldn't identify Lee Oswald as the killer....so naturally the cops didn't want Benavides to view a line up and they tried to cover up the fact that Benavides had actually been a better witness than Helen Markham.

Could someone post the Fritz report  in a format that will allow copy and paste ......This report is loaded with information but it's tedious to have to retype the information.   
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 01:41:56 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Online Tom Sorensen

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2018, 02:36:38 PM »
Next man up, missing from any list I've seen, is Kenneth Hudson Croy:

He happened to be near Oak Cliff when Tippit was killed but is not called to talk about Tippit from what I can see:

Mr. GRIFFIN. [...] I want to explain to you a little bit first before we go forward with the deposition of what this testimony, why we are taking the testimony. The Commission has been set up for the purpose of investigating, evaluating, and reporting back to the President on all of the facts surrounding the assassination of President Kennedy and the subsequent murder of Lee Harvey Oswald. We are particularly concerned here today in calling you, with delving into the events surrounding Oswald's death, although if you have any other information that you feel would be useful to us in any other areas of our inquiry, we would like very much to have that.
Now, I also want to explain to you, Mr. Croy, that you have been asked to appear here today as a result of a letter which was sent by Mr. J. Lee Rankin, who is the general counsel of the Commission, to Chief Curry, and your name was listed on that and Chief Curry arranged to set up the schedule. [...]

But...

Mr. GRIFFIN. Well, now, tell me about your conversation that you had with our court stenographer here prior to coming in here, about Tippit?
Mr. CROY. Oh, it was at the scene over where Officer Tippit was killed, at the scene.
Mr. GRIFFIN. Were you at the scene when Tippit was there?
Mr. CROY. Yes.
Mr. GRIFFIN. Unassigned?
Mr. CROY. Yes.

He appears to have talked to the three key witnesses Markham, Benavides and Scoggins. Unfortunately it's not that clear-cut as he took no notes and remembered no names (heard that before?) although he's quite firm the number of individuals he talked to, Markham first:

Mr. GRIFFIN. Did she tell you where she first saw Oswald?
Mr. CROY. I don't recall whether she did or not. There was, as I recall, there was 2 people who saw it. No; 3. A man in a, taxicab driver. However, she was the main eyewitness, as far as I could make out. She saw the actual shooting.

then

Mr. GRIFFIN. Now, who was the third eyewitness that you say you talked with there?
Mr. CROY. I believe it was a man that was standing there in the yard. He said he saw Oswald just walk up the street.

and

Mr. GRIFFIN. Now, what did the man who was walking, who saw Oswald walking up the street, tell you?
Mr. CROY. He just said he saw him walking up the street just prior to the shooting.
Mr. GRIFFIN. Did he say he saw him arrive at the car?
Mr. CROY. No; I turned him over to some other officers and they talked to him.
Mr. GRIFFIN. Were you able to determine from them what direction he saw Oswald walking?
Mr. CROY. No.
Mr. GRIFFIN. Do you recall this man's name?
Mr. CROY. No; I found the witness and took him to the other officers.

Who was this man? If not Benavides there was one more man seeing the suspect approaching. If this was Benavides, or even if it wasn't, why did Benavides not point out the shells to the officers arriving?

BTW,  these two times No towards the end of the interview are worth noting:

Mr. GRIFFIN. Now, have you been interviewed by an FBI agent or any agent of the Federal Government with respect to what you have just told us here?
Mr. CROY. No.
Mr. GRIFFIN. Have you been interviewed by any member of the Dallas Police Department with respect to what you have told us here?
Mr. CROY. No. 

Was the case already closed?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 02:41:21 PM by Tom Sorensen »

Offline Steve Thomas

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2018, 03:12:05 PM »
This is a document I haven't seen referenced before:

All AFFIDAVITS were apparently numbered but I have never seen them bundled. Anyone?

Enjoy!

Tom,

At the time, assassinating the President was not a Federal crime. At the time, "someone", and I'm not sure who the "someone" was, decided that this would be prosecuted as a State crime. And so, the State Attorney General of Texas, Waggoner Carr, told the Dallas Police to send him everything they had on the case. They packed up everything they had and sent a copy to Austin.

Then, when the Warren Commission was formed, they in turn asked Waggoner Carr to send them everything he had. Carr made a copy of everything, and on January 7, 1964 sent it all to J. Lee Rankin of the Warren Commission in three bound notebooks, or folders. They were labeled a); b); and c ).

Folder a) was everything the police had on the transfer of Oswald to the Dallas County Courthouse on 11/24/63;
Folder b) was the Investigation of the Assassination of the President;
Folder c ) was Investigations Not Directly Connected with the Jack Ruby Case

While this was going on, the State of Texas still had an ongoing case that Carr was still keeping open.

Those three folders, and all their documents, comprise Warren Commission Document 81.

CD 81 comprises roughly 840 pages.
Folder 81b starts on page 311.
You know that Texas History Portal that you referenced?
That is part of this collection of materials sent by the Texas Attorney General's Office to the Warren Commission.

For example, on page 15 of that Texas Portal url, there is a big black number 115.
That is page 115 of CD 81b - which is actually page 426 of CD 81.

Those numbers drove me nuts till I figured it out.

Steve Thomas

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2018, 03:12:05 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2018, 06:22:40 PM »
RE Domingo Benavides

Mr. LEAVELLE. yes.

Mr. LEAVELLE. No.

Mr. GUINYARD. Yes, sir.
Mr. GUINYARD. Yes, sir.

There's no doubt in my mind that Dom Benavides was there and saw he murder .....He saw the killer and he observed the killer unload and discard the spent shells from the revolver..... ONE AT A TIME

Online Tom Sorensen

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2018, 07:25:00 PM »

Those numbers drove me nuts till I figured it out.

Steve Thomas

Steve, you're a star!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2018, 07:25:00 PM »