Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: DPD Tapes and a 6 Minute Discrepancy  (Read 23354 times)

Online Mitch Todd

Re: DPD Tapes and a 6 Minute Discrepancy
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2021, 01:57:10 AM »
Advertisement
LN "logic"

I looked at my watch and noted that it was almost exactly 12:30 p.m."
He looked at his watch, he said "12:30,"
I looked at my watch, and it was just about 12:30"

They looked at their watch and it said....... and their watches were all correct

and then this beauty;

Bowley, when he arrived at the Tippit scene looked at his watch and it said 1:10 PM

LNr: Bowley's watch could not possibly be right because back in those days watches were highly unreliable

Amazing hypocrisy!

The point which you choose to miss is that 12:30 channel 2 time is 12:30 Hertz billboard time is 12:30 Powers time is 12:30 Kellerman time is 12:30 Sorrels time. Even if we assume that the Secret service agents explicitly synchronized their watches that day, we still wind up with the fact that 4 independent time sources put the time of the assassination at 12:30, including the channel 2 clock. I could go on and on about the origins of the term "regression towards the mean," and why it's important here, but you seem to have issues with long posts. The TL;DR version is that the agreement of these different clocks strongly imply that the DPD channel 2 clock is running pretty close to standard time. By contrast, what clock, watch, or other time piece can Bowley's watch be compared to? How can we determine the accuracy of his watch? I should mention that Bowley himself has been quoted (in Into the Nightmanre at least, IIRC) that his watch could have been 5 minutes off.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2021, 01:57:10 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2021, 02:18:46 AM »
The point which you choose to miss is that 12:30 channel 2 time is 12:30 Hertz billboard time is 12:30 Powers time is 12:30 Kellerman time is 12:30 Sorrels time. Even if we assume that the Secret service agents explicitly synchronized their watches that day, we still wind up with the fact that 4 independent time sources put the time of the assassination at 12:30, including the channel 2 clock. I could go on and on about the origins of the term "regression towards the mean," and why it's important here, but you seem to have issues with long posts. The TL;DR version is that the agreement of these different clocks strongly imply that the DPD channel 2 clock is running pretty close to standard time. By contrast, what clock, watch, or other time piece can Bowley's watch be compared to? How can we determine the accuracy of his watch? I should mention that Bowley himself has been quoted (in Into the Nightmanre at least, IIRC) that his watch could have been 5 minutes off.

The point which you choose to miss is that 12:30 channel 2 time is 12:30 Hertz billboard time is 12:30 Powers time is 12:30 Kellerman time is 12:30 Sorrels time. Even if we assume that the Secret service agents explicitly synchronized their watches that day, we still wind up with the fact that 4 independent time sources put the time of the assassination at 12:30, including the channel 2 clock.

And what you seem to have chosen to miss is that Bowley's arrival is part of a sequence of events which started with Markham saying she was en route to her regular bus stop at 1:06 or 1:08 and which ended with Tippit being declared DOA at Methodist Hospital at 1:15 PM. The timeline I have provided earlier (which you most likely reject out of hand) shows by witness statements how the sequence of events is linked in such a way that you simply can not move one part without having to move all the other parts as well.

By contrast, what clock, watch, or other time piece can Bowley's watch be compared to? How can we determine the accuracy of his watch?

The sequence of events as provided by the timeline I have presented provides corroboration of Bowley's watch being correct.

Here is the time line again, in case you ignored missed it so far;

Markham leaves her home at "a little after 1" and is en route to the bus stop on Jefferson by 1:06 or 1:07
She only needs to walk one block to get from 9th street to 10th street. The FBI determined that the distance of one block takes about 2,5 minutes to walk. This gets Markham to the corner of 10th and Patton by 1:09:30 at the latest, perfectly on time to reach the bus stop on Jefferson at 1:11 or 1:12. [Note: if Tippit was killed anywhere between 1:14 and 1:16, Markham would have already been at her bus stop and would not have seen it]

1:09            Shooting

Bowley picked up his daugther at school at 12:55 (his words) and is en route to pick up his wife from work. The distance between the school and 10th street takes about 13 to 15 minutes to drive. This gets him to 10th street at 1:10

1:10            Benavides making his call and Bowley arrives

Bowley says (in the video "Hunting Oswald") that when he arrived he noticed something was going on, so he parked his car at a fair distance away so his 12 year old daughter would not see it. He then walked towards the police car, checked on Tippit and then noticed Benavides who could not get the radio of the patrol car to work. It's a fair estimation that this would have taken him around 45 seconds to one minute. During this time Benavides is keying the mic in vain.

1:11            Bowley makes his call, lasting 46 seconds

DPD officers Poe and Jez (squad car 105) wrote in their supplementary offense report that at approximently 1:10 they heard on the radio that a police officer was involved in a shooting at East Tenth Street.

1:12            Callaway arrives at the scene. He only had less than one block to run after hearing the shots, but apparently first
                   waited until the man with a revolver that came toward him has passed.

1:12:30       After checking on Tippit, Callaway makes his call and hears the ambulance's sirens in the background

Ambulance arrives. Callaway and Bowley help loading Tippit's body into the ambulance

1:12:45       DPD officer Croy is in his car at Zang and Colorado when he hears Bowley's radio call. It takes him no more than
                  1,5 to 2 minutes to arrive at 10th street. When he arrives he sees Tippit's body being loaded into the ambulance

1:13            The ambulance leaves. The distance to Methodist Hospital takes 2 minutes to drive in normal traffic. With sirens on
                   it takes less. Ambulance driver Clayton Butler told HSCA investigators in 1977 that "from the time we received the
                   call in our dispatch office until Officer Tippit was declared dead at Methodist Hospital was approximately four 
                   minutes"

DPD officers Davenport and Bardin are in their car and see the ambulance pass by. They follow it and arrive at the
                   same time at as the ambulance at the hospital.

1:15            Ambulance arrives at Methodist Hospital and Tippit is declared DOA at 1:15
                   The DOA time is communicated to the Justice of the Peace who issues an Authorization for Autopsy which gives the
                   time of death as 1:15.

Davenport writes in his report that Tippit was declared dead at 1:15 and on the form he uses to deliver a bullet
                   taken from Tippit's body and a button from his uniform he writes in his own handwriting that Tippit was declared
                   DOA at 1:15

« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 09:59:05 PM by Martin Weidmann »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2021, 02:43:28 AM »
This is Powers:

"We then turned off of Main Street onto Houston and made the sharp swing to the left up Elm Street. At that time we were traveling very slowly, no more than 12 miles an hour. In accordance with my custom, I was very much concerned about our timing and at just about that point I looked at my watch and noted that it was almost exactly 12:30 p.m."

And this is Greer:

"[Kellerman]  said '12:30.' He looked at his watch, he said "12:30," and we were in the underpass at the time"

There is also the testimony of Forrest Sorrels, who stated:

"As we came around Houston, yes, sir; came around on Houston, yes, because we had begun to pick up speed there. And I remember Mr. Lawson turned around and said, 'I wish he would come on, because we are late now,' or words to that effect. And I expressed to him, I said, 'Oh, we are not going to be very late.' And I looked at my watch, and it was just about 12:30"

This is SA Rufus Youngblood:

Mr. SPECTER. Are you able to fix the precise time of the assassination?
Mr. YOUNGBLOOD. I would say 12:30. I was to keep the times. The Vice President was asking me if we were running on time, and so forth. And so he asked me how much further, and I would call back to our followup car and ask them how many more miles and so forth.
So, for this reason, I was at that time keeping up with the time very closely.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2021, 02:43:28 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2021, 02:59:41 AM »
This is SA Rufus Youngblood:

Mr. SPECTER. Are you able to fix the precise time of the assassination?
Mr. YOUNGBLOOD. I would say 12:30. I was to keep the times. The Vice President was asking me if we were running on time, and so forth. And so he asked me how much further, and I would call back to our followup car and ask them how many more miles and so forth.
So, for this reason, I was at that time keeping up with the time very closely.

So, a man like youngblood was keeping up with time, but somebody like Markham (who had a regular bus to catch) or Bowley (who had to pick up his daughter from school and his wife from work) were not keeping up with the time?

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2021, 04:02:22 AM »
So, a man like youngblood was keeping up with time, but somebody like Markham (who had a regular bus to catch) or Bowley (who had to pick up his daughter from school and his wife from work) were not keeping up with the time?

Asked if his watch was reliable, Bowley laughed and said "Best I remember. I usually had pretty good watches." But he conceded that "it could have been five minutes off." From pages 246-251 (third part) of Joseph McBride's book, for what it's worth.

https://reopenkennedycase.forumotion.net/t950p15-was-mary-ferrell-a-disinfo-agent

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2021, 04:02:22 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2021, 07:16:38 AM »
By contrast, what clock, watch, or other time piece can Bowley's watch be compared to?

Markham's washateria clock, Mrs. Higgins' clock, and the clock at Methodist Hostpital.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2021, 07:18:09 AM »
Asked if his watch was reliable, Bowley laughed and said "Best I remember. I usually had pretty good watches." But he conceded that "it could have been five minutes off." From pages 246-251 (third part) of Joseph McBride's book, for what it's worth.

And James Bowles conceded that the dispatchers' time checks did not reflect real time.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 07:18:39 AM by John Iacoletti »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2021, 07:18:09 AM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2021, 07:32:19 AM »
Markham's washateria clock, Mrs. Higgins' clock, and the clock at Methodist Hostpital.

Mrs. Higgins' clock?