Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: I Will Kill  (Read 2983 times)

Online Gerry Down

I Will Kill
« on: May 10, 2021, 03:52:47 PM »
Advertisement
In the hours after the Kennedy assassination, a Secret Service officer named Mike Howard was dispatched to Oswald’s apartment. Howard found a little green address book, and on its 17th page under the heading “I WILL KILL” Oswald listed four men: an FBI agent named James Hosty; a right-wing general, Edwin Walker; and Vice President Richard Nixon. At the top of the list was the governor of Texas, John Connally. Through Connally’s name, Oswald had drawn a dagger, with blood drops dripping downward. Special Agent Howard turned the address book over to the FBI and, ultimately, to the Warren Commission. Only some time later did he learn that the list with its hugely important insight into the killer’s motive had been torn out of the book.

This claim is covered in this online article: https://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-reston-jfk-assassination-target-20161122-story.html

The question is: How true is this story? Page 17 of Oswalds address book is indeed missing. But having said that I find it difficult to believe that Oswald hated Hosty and Connally so much as to want to kill them. He had political motives for the other two (Nixon and Walker) but to want to kill Hosty and Connally paints Oswald as a psychopath which there is no evidence that he was. Is this just another manufactured myth in the Kennedy case?

JFK Assassination Forum

I Will Kill
« on: May 10, 2021, 03:52:47 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: I Will Kill
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 04:29:21 PM »
In the hours after the Kennedy assassination, a Secret Service officer named Mike Howard was dispatched to Oswald’s apartment. Howard found a little green address book, and on its 17th page under the heading “I WILL KILL” Oswald listed four men: an FBI agent named James Hosty; a right-wing general, Edwin Walker; and Vice President Richard Nixon. At the top of the list was the governor of Texas, John Connally. Through Connally’s name, Oswald had drawn a dagger, with blood drops dripping downward. Special Agent Howard turned the address book over to the FBI and, ultimately, to the Warren Commission. Only some time later did he learn that the list with its hugely important insight into the killer’s motive had been torn out of the book.

This claim is covered in this online article: https://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-reston-jfk-assassination-target-20161122-story.html

The question is: How true is this story? Page 17 of Oswalds address book is indeed missing. But having said that I find it difficult to believe that Oswald hated Hosty and Connally so much as to want to kill them. He had political motives for the other two (Nixon and Walker) but to want to kill Hosty and Connally paints Oswald as a psychopath which there is no evidence that he was. Is this just another manufactured myth in the Kennedy case?

Don't you think that, if genuine, this highly incriminating document wouldn't have found it's way into the WC evidence?

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 04:32:17 PM »

The theory is compelling only because Oswald had more of a motive for targeting Connally than JFK. There's no evidence that Oswald disliked JFK but there are witnesses who said he didn't like Governor Connally.

But I find it unbelievable that such incriminating evidence against Oswald would've been omitted by the Warren Report and HSCA...

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 04:32:17 PM »

Online Gerry Down

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2021, 04:43:27 PM »
But I find it unbelievable that such incriminating evidence against Oswald would've been omitted by the Warren Report and HSCA...

If you read the article that i linked to in the opening post, it says that the FBI most likely destroyed this page as Hoover would not want to admit that one of his agents had annoyed Oswald so much that he had turned Oswald into a raging manic by Nov 22nd when Oswald then decided to let this rage out on someone who wasn't even on the list - JFK.

If this page did exist, it would make Hoover look bad.

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2021, 04:51:49 PM »
If you read the article that i linked to in the opening post, it says that the FBI most likely destroyed this page as Hoover would not want to admit that one of his agents had annoyed Oswald so much that he had turned Oswald into a raging manic by Nov 22nd when Oswald then decided to let this rage out on someone who wasn't even on the list - JFK.

If this page did exist, it would make Hoover look bad.

I've read your linked article previously. I don't buy that explanation.

If nothing else, the evidence would've helped solidify the narrative that Oswald was too unhinged to be part of a conspiracy.

Also, Marina's discredited story about Oswald attempting to kill Richard Nixon would've seemed more credible with that evidence.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2021, 04:51:49 PM »

Online Gerry Down

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2021, 05:12:32 PM »
I've read your linked article previously. I don't buy that explanation.

If nothing else, the evidence would've helped solidify the narrative that Oswald was too unhinged to be part of a conspiracy.

Also, Marina's discredited story about Oswald attempting to kill Richard Nixon would've seemed more credible with that evidence.

Its hard to discount Secret Service agent Mike Howard. It doesn't seem to make sense that he would lie about that.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2021, 05:47:22 PM »
Its hard to discount Secret Service agent Mike Howard. It doesn't seem to make sense that he would lie about that.

What makes a Secret Service agent special?

FBI agent Barrett said that Captain Westbrook was holding a wallet at the Tippit scene and asked him if he knew either a guy named Hidell or Oswald. LNs instantly called him a liar!

What would be the difference between the two men? Both are law enforcement agents, right?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2021, 05:47:22 PM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2021, 05:53:18 PM »

He wouldn't be the only law enforcement officer who gave unverified or uncorroborated information about the JFK assassination investigation.

I can't think of any legit reason to omit that sort of information if what he said is 100% true.