Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Bravo to Liz Cheney and her Stand  (Read 10396 times)

Offline Jerry Organ

Re: Bravo to Liz Cheney and her Stand
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2021, 07:30:11 PM »
Advertisement
It's a big deal only to Trump haters in the media because they can frame this in a way that they believe is negative toward him.  Almost no one outside the Beltway cares.  This is the same media that hated her father like he was Darth Vader.  Maybe with some justification.  Meanwhile the wheels are already coming off the Biden administration.  There are gas lines down South.  Shortages of almost every product (lumber, gas, chicken wings, furniture, washing machines etc).  You name it and it is out of stock.  Inflation and wide spread price increases.  Crime is rampant.  The Middle East in aflame.  But the media is worried about Liz Cheney establishment politician?  LOL

And you think the Liberal Media exaggerates?

Given your clarity with seeing the JFK conspiracy claims for what they're worth, it's kind of disheartening you're on the same page as Cakebread and Fetzer. Strange bedfellows.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2021, 07:30:11 PM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2021, 07:36:32 PM »

Given your clarity with seeing the JFK conspiracy claims for what they're worth, it's kind of disheartening you're on the same page as Cakebread and Fetzer. Strange bedfellows.

It's not a conspiracy to see the Media for what it is today.

The current business model is for Media outlets to target audiences based on political alignment. Liberal outlets are putting more Liberal Spin on the News and Conservative outlets are putting more Conservative Spin on the News.

I'm on the Left politically but I can't stand watching CNN or MSNBC most days. They no longer even attempt to be Objective. Fox News is guilty of that too and they were one of the first to dive into the current business model of the media...

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2021, 07:49:50 PM »
It's not a conspiracy to see the Media for what it is today.

The current business model is for Media outlets to target audiences based on political alignment. Liberal outlets are putting more Liberal Spin on the News and Conservative outlets are putting more Conservative Spin on the News.

I'm on the Left politically but I can't stand watching CNN or MSNBC most days. They no longer even attempt to be Objective. Fox News is guilty of that too and they were one of the first to dive into the current business model of the media...

I agree with you about CNN and MSNBC. They're editorializing the news, like Fox News. I don't consider those as news channels per se.

The three big networks and PBS offer some actual news, with less opinion but some bias no doubt depending on the reporter/producer and subject.

The PBS station I get runs BBC World News America which I record as a series and scan through most nights. They were reporting on the surge in India a full week before the US network news.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2021, 07:49:50 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2021, 08:32:50 PM »

Not a good analogy.  Many CTers are Biden supporters.  If I were a fanatic Trump-hater, then I would be bedfellows with Rick Plant, Martin W., and John I and many others.  Which of the following is an exaggeration: inflation, gas shortages, increases in violent crimes, increased illegal immigration, wide spread shortages of many consumer products? 

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2021, 09:01:42 PM »
Virginia just declared an emergency based on the fuel shortage that is spreading across the South while Old Joe naps.  To compound matters, there are fewer truck drivers to deliver fuel because Old Joe is paying everyone to take an extended vacation with trillions of tax dollars.  Things are really unraveling fast.  Time to pull your money from the stock market.  Maybe he will deliver a Jimmy Carter-like "malaise" speech blaming the American people for his failures.  It is 1979 all over again. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2021, 09:01:42 PM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2021, 09:34:02 PM »
Not a good analogy.  Many CTers are Biden supporters.

JFK CT'ers seem to be mostly bi-partisan. I haven't seen evidence that the JFK research community has the partisan divides that we see with other more recent Conspiracy Theories.

9/11 truthers for example seem to be more often Left-leaning. The QAnon thing was mostly rightwingers but I do personally know a few Dems who bought into it.

Oliver Stone and Roger Stone are pretty far apart politically but both agree that LBJ was involved with Kennedy's murder...

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2021, 01:27:12 AM »
Virginia just declared an emergency based on the fuel shortage that is spreading across the South while Old Joe naps.

Biden didn't make Colonial shut down. Nor did the ransom hackers want that.

Wonder why the US infrastructure takes weeks to reopen a pipeline. Trump spent nothing on infrastructure; remember the cold snap in Texas and Cruz winging off to Cancun? These are time-bombs because of Republican indifference.

To compound matters, there are fewer truck drivers to deliver fuel because Old Joe is paying everyone to take an extended vacation with trillions of tax dollars.  Things are really unraveling fast.  Time to pull your money from the stock market.  Maybe he will deliver a Jimmy Carter-like "malaise" speech blaming the American people for his failures.  It is 1979 all over again.

Wonder why the attack came out of Russia? Look for North Korea to act up next.

Sure, none of this happened when Trump was kowtowing to Putin and Kim. BTW, we all got to see Trump's performance during a crisis last year.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2021, 01:27:12 AM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2021, 02:43:12 PM »
Biden didn't make Colonial shut down. Nor did the ransom hackers want that.

Wonder why the US infrastructure takes weeks to reopen a pipeline. Trump spent nothing on infrastructure; remember the cold snap in Texas and Cruz winging off to Cancun? These are time-bombs because of Republican indifference.

Wonder why the attack came out of Russia? Look for North Korea to act up next.

Sure, none of this happened when Trump was kowtowing to Putin and Kim. BTW, we all got to see Trump's performance during a crisis last year.

Imagine the hue and cry in the media and among the leftist politicians if Russia had hacked the pipeline while Trump was President resulting in widespread gas shortages and Trump had said, as Old Joe did, that he didn't believe Putin was responsible!  They would have started the impeachment yesterday with all manner of conspiracy theories such as Trump is a traitor being blackmailed by Putin.  But instead we got weepy commentary from CNN about Cheney.  Someone they detested before Trump as spawn of Satan.  Now she is a hero.  And crickets on anything else, war in the Middle East, inflation, floods of illegal immigrants.  It was all Liz all day.   Why?  Because that is a story they believe they can frame in a way that makes Trump look bad.  Their sole objective for four years and counting.  Again, I'm not a big fan of Trump himself and can understand why many don't like him as a person.  But who cares if he is an ego maniac?  What you want from a President is not a nice guy who naps most of the day but someone who gets results.