Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Errors In The Warren Report  (Read 1670 times)

Online Gerry Down

Errors In The Warren Report
« on: May 02, 2021, 12:35:09 AM »
Advertisement
What errors do both LNers and CTers agree are in the Warren Report? I'm not talking about omissions in the report such as the Castro plots, or any mention of David Ferrie etc. I'm talking about actual errors contained in the content of the report itself that both LNers and CTers would agree are errors.

For example, the biggest one that comes to my mind is the handling of the Odio incident. The way the Warren Report handles this issue implied that it was Loran Hall that visited Odio and therefore there was nothing to this issue. After the Warren Report was issued however, the FBI interviewed both Loran Hall and Sylvia Odio again and they both agreed it was not Loran Hall who had been to Odios apartment. Therefore both LNers and CTers would agree the section of the Warren Report that implies it was Loran Hall that was at Odios apartment is in error.

What other parts of the report would both LNers and CTers agree are in error in the report?

JFK Assassination Forum

Errors In The Warren Report
« on: May 02, 2021, 12:35:09 AM »

Offline Marjan Rynkiewicz

Re: Errors In The Warren Report
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2021, 04:29:27 AM »
What errors do both LNers and CTers agree are in the Warren Report? I'm not talking about omissions in the report such as the Castro plots, or any mention of David Ferrie etc. I'm talking about actual errors contained in the content of the report itself that both LNers and CTers would agree are errors.

For example, the biggest one that comes to my mind is the handling of the Odio incident. The way the Warren Report handles this issue implied that it was Loran Hall that visited Odio and therefore there was nothing to this issue. After the Warren Report was issued however, the FBI interviewed both Loran Hall and Sylvia Odio again and they both agreed it was not Loran Hall who had been to Odios apartment. Therefore both LNers and CTers would agree the section of the Warren Report that implies it was Loran Hall that was at Odios apartment is in error.

What other parts of the report would both LNers and CTers agree are in error in the report?
Dont forget us Hickeyians. We aint LNers & we aint CTers. Or we are CTers but only after the fact, ie we reckon that there was a CT to blame Oswald for all shots, & a CT to hide Hickey's rotten luck, & a CT to hide the tardiness of the Secret Service overall response & reaction.
One error in the WCR is the height of the top of JFK's head when sitting erect in the limo, it is quoted as being 52.78", but we know that it was about 57".
The time & place of Oswald shot-1 is said to be say Z160 (i forget) when it is actually at about Z113.
The time & place of Oswald shot-2 is said to be Z224, when Z218 works & looks better (ie when Connally is halfway throo the road sign).
The dent in the chrome trim they say is due to a fragment of a slug, when it is a full slug (the No2 mistake in the WCR).
That Oswald fired 3 shots, when he fired only 2 shots (the No1 mistake in the WCR)(but LNers wont agree that it was only 2 shots).
But those 5 things are arguable or outside the guideline for this thread.
What aint arguable is that the WCR pozzy for where Brennan was sitting on the wall is out by say 8', as can be seen in Zapruder & others.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 04:36:44 AM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2021, 01:42:33 AM »

"In 1964, the testimony of Shanklin and Hosty was undermined when another Dallas FBI field agent, Will Hayden Griffin, claimed that Oswald was definitely an FBI informant.... - Newsweek"

The gravest flaw of the WC Investigation, resulting in the Report, was the WC dependence on Hoover and his FBI as its eyes and ears. 12 agents were disciplined in reaction to their performances associated with the Assassination of JFK and the ensuing investigation. Hosty was one of the 12, but not Gordon Shanklin...

In 1967, David Ferrie allegedly spent some of his last hours alive with the co-author of this 1993 reporting, George Lardner :
https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1993/11/15/fbis-haste-sowed-seeds-of-suspicion/36b14c3d-dcf0-455c-9b7f-dc438e62e2d9/

https://spartacus-educational.com/JFKshanklin.htm

The Federal Bureau of Investigation I discovered that Hosty's name and phone number appeared in Oswald's address book. J. Edgar Hoover was worried that this indicated that Oswald had been working closely with the FBI. That he might have been an FBI informant on the activities of left-wing groups such as the Fair Play for Cuba Committee. Instead of passing Oswald's address book to the Warren Commission, the FBI provided a typewritten transcription of the document in which the Hosty entry was omitted.

The message that Oswald handed in to the FBI office in Dallas remained a secret until 1975. It became public knowledge when someone in the FBI tipped off a journalist about the existence of Oswald's letter. Oswald's relationship with James Hosty was explored by the Select Committee on Intelligence Activities and the Select Committee on Assassinations. Hosty admitted that he had misled the Warren Commission by not telling them about the existence of the letter from Oswald. Sanklin denied knowing about the letter but this evidence was contradicted by the testimony of Hosty and William Sullivan, the Assistant Director of the FBI.

Shanklin remained as special agent in charge of the Dallas Field Division until his retirement in 1975

J. Gordon Shanklin died in 199(8)8.

Question for the more brilliant and confident minds than mine... who should I believe as to the existence and content of the alleged note of Oswald, dropped off at the Dallas FBI office, Agent-In-Charge Shanklin who was never disciplined and allowed to retire on his own terms, or.... James Hosty

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2021, 01:42:33 AM »

Online Gerry Down

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2021, 02:23:33 AM »
Question for the more brilliant and confident minds than mine... who should I believe as to the existence and content of the alleged note of Oswald, dropped off at the Dallas FBI office, Agent-In-Charge Shanklin who was never disciplined and allowed to retire on his own terms, or.... James Hosty

Shanklin was obviously lying about not knowing about the note. But as the Warren Report does not mention the note at all then this is not an actual error contained in the actual contents of the report itself.

Online Gerry Down

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2021, 02:27:08 AM »
The time & place of Oswald shot-2 is said to be Z224, when Z218 works & looks better (ie when Connally is halfway throo the road sign).

The don't think the report says that the single bullet theory hit at Z224. I think that was only discovered in the 1990's when someone spotted that Connallys lapel rises at Z224. I think the WCR placed the timing of the single bullet theory at a different frame so technically this would be an error in the report itself though a small one.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2021, 02:27:08 AM »

Offline Marjan Rynkiewicz

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2021, 04:49:56 AM »
The don't think the report says that the single bullet theory hit at Z224. I think that was only discovered in the 1990's when someone spotted that Connallys lapel rises at Z224. I think the WCR placed the timing of the single bullet theory at a different frame so technically this would be an error in the report itself though a small one.
Yes i was confused, i had a small read of the WCR later & they didnt place shot-2 at Z224.
Yes my placing of Oswald's shot-2 at Z218 hardly affects anything.
Re the lapel this could have been made to stick out by a slug at Z218, & this would not be obvious in the Zapruder footage being black on black, & then a backdraft at Z224 flips it all the way across & now it is vizible. 

[edit][1sept2021][the slug did not go anywhere near the lapel]
Look at the position of the bullet hole in Connally's jacket, it is below where the lapel terminates and above the top button.

This is an approximation of the bullet hole on JBC's jacket on the day of the assassination:

Look at the position of his wrist at z272:

Does it really need explaining that his wrist, just below the knot in his tie, is way to high to be struck by a bullet exiting his chest at this point of the Zfilm?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 09:29:07 AM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »