Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Will Pres. Biden release the JFK Files?  (Read 6552 times)

Online Steve M. Galbraith

Re: Will Pres. Biden release the JFK Files?
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2021, 03:42:33 PM »
Advertisement
Deep State = Deep Paranoia
This so-called "deep state" never assassinated a single foreign leader. Not one.

Did they try? Yes but they - the CIA - were ordered or directed to do so by presidents. Castro most notably. Eisenhower reportedly approved a plan to assassinate Lumumba but the plan was not carried out and he was murdered by others.

I'm not going to defend the truly awful things done by the CIA during the Cold War. But almost all of it was done under directions by the president or with their knowledge. This wasn't a "rogue agency" acting on its own. And to argue from "the CIA tried to kill Castro therefore they killed JFK" is such a reach that it's remarkable that anyone tries to make it. Killing a foreign dictator is completely different than killing your own leader. That should be obvious.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2021, 03:42:33 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2021, 03:48:40 PM »
This so-called "deep state" never assassinated a single foreign leader. Not one.

Did they try? Yes but they - the CIA - were ordered or directed to do so by presidents. Castro most notably. Eisenhower reportedly approved a plan to assassinate Lumumba but the plan was not carried out and he was murdered by others.

I'm not going to defend the truly awful things done by the CIA during the Cold War. But almost all of it was done under directions by the president or with their knowledge. This wasn't a "rogue agency" acting on its own. And to argue from "the CIA tried to kill Castro therefore they killed JFK" is such a reach that it's remarkable that anyone tries to make it. Killing a foreign dictator is completely different than killing your own leader. That should be obvious.

Wait, there's more:
Deep State = Deep Fake

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2021, 03:49:21 PM »
They're only required to declassify Secrets related to the Kennedy assassination.

My question is, if the case has been closed for 50 years, what could be worth keeping secret today?
Supposedly methods and sources. I imagine there may be some people still alive today who gave information and were promised confidentiality.

I'll also imagine (I'm full of fantasies today; must have been that second vaccine dose) that some revelations would be embarrassing to, say, the Mexican government. Supposedly several high ranking Mexican officials at the time of the assassination were essentially working for the US. They had been bribed. Might still be alive or it might really upset US/Mexican relations.

As you probably know, Morley is hanging his hat on the Joannides claim. That Joannides knew about Oswald before the assassination and that counter intelligence perhaps used Oswald unwittingly in some operation designed to embarrass the FPCC and Cuba.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 04:08:42 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2021, 03:49:21 PM »

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2021, 03:55:13 PM »
As you probably know, Morley is hanging his hat on the Joannides claim. That Joannides knew about Oswald before the assassination and that counter intelligence used Oswald in some operation designed to embarrass the FPCC and Cuba.

But did Joannides know? As far as I know, Carlos Bringuier has never said he told his CIA supervisors about his run-ins with Oswald.

Offline W. Tracy Parnell

• W. Tracy Parnell Debunking JFK Conspiracy Theories
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2021, 04:25:43 PM »
Supposedly methods and sources. I imagine there may be some people still alive today who gave information and were promised confidentiality.

There certainly could be individuals who need to be protected. At some point, they will be gone and that will not be a valid reason. But "methods" could remain a valid reason indefinitely. In that case, I propose that they name an individual (such as Morley or whomever) to represent  the conspiracy people. This person would work with the CIA and be allowed to see the files. They would, of course, have to sign an agreement not to disclose verbatim what is there under penalty of prosecution.

This person would be well-versed on the major issues surrounding Joannides, Phillips and Angleton and any other areas. They would study the files and prepare a report (that the CIA would clear) that could be released that would answer as many questions as would be allowable. I understand this is not a perfect solution, but it is better than nothing and may be the only way to partially resolve the issue. Just my 2 cents.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2021, 04:25:43 PM »

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2021, 04:51:04 PM »
But did Joannides know? As far as I know, Carlos Bringuier has never said he told his CIA supervisors about his run-ins with Oswald.
Bringuier said he had no contacts with the CIA, that in particular he never knew Joannides who was reportedly the liaison between the CIA and the DRE, the anti-Castro group the CIA funded and that Bringuier was a member of. But Bringuier said he informed the Miami headquarters of the DRE about the Oswald encounters before the assassination. In fact, on August 21, 1963 he issued a press release warning the US government about the dangers Oswald posed.

Again, Joannides was the liaison between the CIA and the DRE; so did Miami tell him about what Bringuier reported? If Bringuier said Oswald was a threat wouldn't they tell Joannides? And Did Joannides (or someone in the CIA) hear about Oswald? Oswald appeared on radio and TV. One would think the CIA would notice all of this activity on his part.

The Bringuier press release is here: https://www.aarclibrary.org/publib/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh19/html/WH_Vol19_0097a.htm

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2021, 05:31:44 PM »
There certainly could be individuals who need to be protected. At some point, they will be gone and that will not be a valid reason. But "methods" could remain a valid reason indefinitely. In that case, I propose that they name an individual (such as Morley or whomever) to represent  the conspiracy people. This person would work with the CIA and be allowed to see the files. They would, of course, have to sign an agreement not to disclose verbatim what is there under penalty of prosecution.

This person would be well-versed on the major issues surrounding Joannides, Phillips and Angleton and any other areas. They would study the files and prepare a report (that the CIA would clear) that could be released that would answer as many questions as would be allowable. I understand this is not a perfect solution, but it is better than nothing and may be the only way to partially resolve the issue. Just my 2 cents.

Just my 2 cents
And a penny for your thoughts. Now, who gets the extra penny?*

At some point, they will be gone and that will not be a valid reason.
I read that the protection extended to descendants

*Cite: Steven Wright

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2021, 05:31:44 PM »

Offline W. Tracy Parnell

• W. Tracy Parnell Debunking JFK Conspiracy Theories
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2021, 05:41:55 PM »
I read that the protection extended to descendants

That may be true. If so, my idea becomes even more relevant. BTW, Morley will never do it since this would prevent him from making baseless claims.