Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Youtube Interview I Did, Tippit Case  (Read 50281 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: Youtube Interview I Did, Tippit Case
« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2021, 03:14:27 PM »
Advertisement
But, actually, that's not at all what this is about. It's about Brown putting words in Earlene Roberts mouth she never actually said
RE "back there long enough to grab a jacket"
Mrs. ROBERTS. Oh, maybe not over 3 or 4 minutes-just long enough, I guess, to go in there and get a jacket and put it on and he went out zipping it.

Same difference.

Same difference.

Nope. There is a massive difference between actually stating something as fact and guessing about it.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 03:19:04 PM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2021, 03:14:27 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2021, 04:58:09 PM »
Same difference.

Nope. There is a massive difference between actually stating something as fact and guessing about it.

'Same difference' re the outcome.

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2021, 05:08:00 PM »
There is no critical or important difference between this statement:

Roberts: "Oh, maybe not over 3 or 4 minutes-just long enough, I guess, to go in there and get a jacket and put it on and he went out zipping it."

And Bill Brown saying: Roberts said Oswald was  "back there long enough to grab a jacket".

Clearly Bill was paraphrasing her statement. We all do this all of the time.

Anyone trying to score a point out of the slight word differences is engaged in bad faith arguments.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2021, 05:08:00 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #75 on: April 28, 2021, 06:11:01 PM »

Roberts: "Oh, maybe not over 3 or 4 minutes-just long enough, I guess, to go in there and get a jacket and put it on and he went out zipping it."

And Bill Brown saying: Roberts said Oswald was  "back there long enough to grab a jacket".

Anyone trying to score a point out of the slight word differences is engaged in bad faith arguments.

Of course there is a difference between guessing (what Roberts did in her testimony) and a factual statement like Brown made with his claim. People who are not familiar with this case will believe that Roberts actually said that, when she didn't, even more so as Bill was introduced in the video as "expert"

Good, I will call on you for support the next time Bill Brown complains about a lack of accuracy in his usual petty and trivial manner.

So when I say this;

There is a third one and that's the ambulance. The authorisation for autopsy gave Tippit's DOA time at Methodist Hospital as 1:15 pm. DPD officer Davenport, who was there, confirms that time, not only is his report, but also on the document he signed for the Identification Bureau when he handed in the bullet, taken from Tippit's body at 1.30, and a button. There is more witness testimony that actually corroborates this version but I'll leave that for later.

Is Bill Brown trying to score a point, out of the slight word differences, engaged in bad faith arguments when he says ?;

As I thought (which is why I asked you to post it), you were incorrect when you said that the document says Tippit was pronounced DOA at 1:15.

The document states that Tippit was pronounced DOA.

The document also states that the time of death was 1:15.

Nothing about him being pronounced DOA at 1:15.

This matters.

I'm sure you can find a reason why this example isn't a valid one, right?

Btw when Bill Brown claims in the interview that McWatters testified that "Oswald got on the bus" (which he never said) is that also paraphrasing to you?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 08:39:35 PM by Martin Weidmann »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2021, 06:23:29 PM »

Completely ignoring this (in quote box, below) and Earline's sister's (Bertha Bogle's) testimony, indicating both sisters are mentally disturbed, compulsive liars is kinda creepy, Steve. Just because almost everyone acts as if this mendacious dysfunction isn't there, for the sake of maintaining their personal belief systems, doesn't make it any less creepy!

Roberts affidavit :
https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh7/pdf/WH7_Roberts_aff.pdf
"About thirty minutes later, three Dallas policemen came to the house looking for Lee Harvey Oswald..."

Detective Potts testified he and other officers arrived about 3:00 pm, two hours after Ms. Roberts claimed she
encountered, "O.H. Lee".

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/potts.htm
...Mr. BALL. Did you check their registration books?
Mr. POTTS. Yes, sir; we looked at the registration book--Senkel, I think, or Cunningham--well, we all looked through the registration book and there wasn't anyone by that name, and the television was on in the living room. There's an area there where the roomers sit, I guess it's the living quarters--it flashed Oswald's picture on there and one of the women, either Mrs. Roberts or Mrs. Johnson said, "That's the man that lives here. That's Mr. Lee---O.H. Lee." She said, "His room is right here right off of the living room."
Senkel or Cunningham, one of them, called the office and they said that Turner was en route with a search warrant and we waited there until 4:30 or 5 that afternoon. We got out there about 3...

Earline Roberts' employer, landlady of O.H. Lee, Gladys Johnson:
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/johnso_g.htm
...Mr. BALL. Miss Earlene Roberts was your housekeeper at this time?
Mrs. JOHNSON. Yes, she was.
Mr. BALL. How long have you known her?
Mrs. JOHNSON. I have known Mrs. Roberts, oh, I guess it was 6 years, something like that, 6 years.
Mr. BALL. Where did you first meet her?
Mrs. JOHNSON. I hired her as a housekeeper.
Mr. BALL. At 1026 North Beckley?
Mrs. JOHNSON. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Has she been working for you for that period of time?
Mrs. JOHNSON. No, sir; I let Mrs. Roberts go a time or two, then I would hire her back.
Mr. BALL. there some reason why you let her go?
Mrs. JOHNSON. Well, she would just get to being disagreeable with renters and I don't know, she has a lot of handicaps. She has an overweight problem and she has some habits that some people have to understand to tolerate.

Mr. BALL. What are they?
Mrs. JOHNSON. Talking just sitting down and making up tales, you know, have you ever seen people like that? Just have a creative mind, there's nothing to it, and just make up and keep talking until she just makes a lie out of it. Listen, I'm telling you the truth and this isn't to go any further, understand that?
You have to know these things because you are going to question this lady. I will tell you, she's just as intelligent--I think she is a person that doesn't mean to do that but she just does it automatically. It seems as though that she, oh, I don't know, wants to be attractive or something at times. I just don't know; I don't understand it myself. I only wish I did.
Mr. BALL. She was working for you in October and November while Oswald was a renter with you?
Mrs. JOHNSON. Yes, she was. This Saturday night will be 3 weeks she left.
Mr. BALL. On the day of the 22d of November, were you home around 1 o'clock?
Mrs. JOHNSON. It must have been 1:30 or 2, something like that.
Mr. BALL. When you came home?
Mrs. JOHNSON. Yes; after serving lunch.
Mr. BALL. Did Earlene Roberts say anything to you whether or not this man had returned?
Mrs. JOHNSON. No; after these officers came in, well, then she began to tell them that he did come rushing in and she had gotten a phone call or had made one, anyway, she was on the phone--no, there was someone called her, that's what she said, said someone called her and she says, "Did you know that the President had been assassinated" and she says, "Why, no" and she says, "Well, it's on the television now" and she says, "I will run and turn it on" and she run in and turned this television on to get this information and this Oswald walked in hurriedly and she said, she said to him, "You seem to be in a hurry." She was the only one in that place. She said he didn't say a word but went on in his room and she said he changed his little zip-up coat, way I understand it, and just went right back out. He evidently got the gun; now, we don't know.
Mr. BALL. Did she tell the officers that?
Mrs. JOHNSON. Yeah, she told the officers that....
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 06:34:28 PM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2021, 06:23:29 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2021, 12:47:58 AM »
'Same difference' re the outcome.

Too bad all of this is going over your head, but it's not really a surprise

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2021, 03:22:16 AM »
Too bad all of this is going over your head, but it's not really a surprise

Too bad for you that Earlene was only half-blind.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 11:49:39 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2021, 03:22:16 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #79 on: April 29, 2021, 04:08:53 PM »
Too bad for you that Earlene was only half-blind.

Why? She needed that one eye to watch the televison as she was trying to get it to work