Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Youtube Interview I Did, Tippit Case  (Read 46601 times)

Offline Bill Brown

Re: Youtube Interview I Did, Tippit Case
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2021, 07:04:42 PM »
Advertisement
Why did Oswald have the taxi driver drive past his rooming house? Then once past it he told him to stop. Why not tell the driver to drive up directly in front of it? The rooming house was located at 1026 North Beckley Street. Whaley, the cab driver, testified that Oswald told him to take him to 500 North Beckley Street. That is, I assume, five blocks past his rooming house?

Here is Whaley's account (WC testimony):

WHALEY:  "....I asked him where he wanted to go. And he said, '500 North Beckley.'.... But when I got pretty close to 500 block at Neches and North Beckley which is the 500 block, he said, "This will do fine," and I pulled over to the curb right there. He gave me a dollar bill, the trip was 95 cents. He gave me a dollar bill and didn't say anything, just got out and closed the door and walked around the front of the cab over to the other side of the street. Of course, traffic was moving through there and I put it in gear and moved on, that is the last I saw of him.
Mr. BALL. When you parked your car you parked on what street?
Mr. WHALEY. I wasn't parked, I was pulled to the curb on Neches and North Beckley.
Mr. BALL. Neches, corner of Neches and North Beckley?
Mr. WHALEY. Which is the 500 block.
Mr. BALL. What direction was your car?
Mr. WHALEY. South.
Mr. BALL. The cab was headed?
Mr. WHALEY. South.
Mr. BALL. And it would be on the west side of the street?
Mr. WHALEY. Parked, stopped on the west side of the intersection, yes, sir.

Testimony is here: http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/whaley1.htm

Hi Steve.  Was your question rhetorical?

I believe Oswald gave Whaley the destination five blocks south of the rooming house because he wanted the cab to pass by the house so that he could determine if the authorities would be there looking for him.  After seeing the coast was clear, and still two blocks short of the original destination, Oswald tells Whaley that 'this will do just fine" and exits the cab three blocks past the rooming house (instead of five; shorter walk back to the house).

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2021, 07:04:42 PM »

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2021, 08:43:25 PM »

I believe Oswald gave Whaley the destination five blocks south of the rooming house because he wanted the cab to pass by the house so that he could determine if the authorities would be there looking for him.  After seeing the coast was clear, and still two blocks short of the original destination, Oswald tells Whaley that 'this will do just fine" and exits the cab three blocks past the rooming house (instead of five; shorter walk back to the house).

Hi Bill, What makes you think Oswald would suspect the authorities would be looking for him a non-descript loser like him?

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2021, 10:27:12 PM »
Did he go south on Denver? One more try and then I’ll wait for the other Bill. I’ve always found him to be respectful.

Who said anything about Denver?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 10:29:07 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2021, 10:27:12 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2021, 10:36:23 PM »
Here's a Youtube interview I did with Chris Peeks, on the murder of J.D. Tippit.

Three questions about the first three minutes of the interview.

1. You claim Oswald left the TSBD through the front door within 2 to 2,5 minutes after the shots. Where did you get this information from?

2. You claim "McWatters testified that Oswald got on the bus". Where exactly can this testimony be found?

3. You claim Earlene Roberts said that Oswald was "back there long enough to grab a jacket". Where did she make this statement? 

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2021, 02:43:26 AM »
Well, since you asked...

(And remember, this is only my best guess. who really knows?)

I believe Oswald walked down Beckley, took a left onto Davis and then a right onto Patton.  Then I believe he took a left onto Tenth and walked a couple blocks towards Marsalis.  Dale Myers told me that there was a Dallas County Sherriff's car parked near Marsalis and Tenth.  I think perhaps Oswald got spooked by that and reversed direction on Tenth and is now walking west on Tenth.

I know, this has him heading somewhat towards Ruby's apartment.

Honestly, I don't like to speculate about Oswald's path and/or where he was intending to go.  But one thing seems certain, he was not heading to the theater until AFTER he shot Tippit.

Thanks Bill, was this the route you used for the timeline?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2021, 02:43:26 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2021, 05:43:07 AM »
Thanks Bill, was this the route you used for the timeline?

Yes Sir.

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2021, 04:30:37 PM »
Hi Bill, What makes you think Oswald would suspect the authorities would be looking for him a non-descript loser like him?
So why did Oswald have the cab driver drive him several blocks past the rooming house and then let him off there and not in front of it? That's the question on the table. Or my question.

What's a logical explanation for that odd behavior?

Oswald defected to the USSR, was publicly agitating for Castro in the US, visited the Cuban and Soviet embassy/consulates in Mexico City. There's nothing "non-descript" about someone who does those things.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2021, 04:30:37 PM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2021, 05:06:26 PM »

Well, a bit rhetorical and a bit serious with the serious purpose directed at the Oswald defenders.

It seems obvious - doesn't it? - that he was worried about someone waiting for him at the house. Otherwise why go through those measures? What's an alternate explanation?

And what is the explanation anyway for him taking a cab to get to his rooming house? What's the rush to get there? There's a long series of acts by Oswald after the assassination that indicate to me that he was in flight from the TSBD. Any other explanation that considers all of those acts simply don't make sense. To me.

As Robert Blakey said, any explanation as to what happened in Dallas begins with the Oswald. The question is does it end with him or is there more? E.g., did he have help? was he manipulated?