Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Youtube Interview I Did, Tippit Case  (Read 46555 times)

Offline Bill Brown

Youtube Interview I Did, Tippit Case
« on: April 23, 2021, 10:01:32 PM »
Advertisement
Here's a Youtube interview I did with Chris Peeks, on the murder of J.D. Tippit.

JFK Assassination Forum

Youtube Interview I Did, Tippit Case
« on: April 23, 2021, 10:01:32 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

Re: Youtube Interview I Did, Tippit Case
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 01:48:02 AM »
Here's a Youtube interview I did with Chris Peeks, on the murder of J.D. Tippit.

Hi Bill,

I'm still fairly new to the JFK assassination case and am still in Dealey Plaza trying to get a handle on certain things and this is the first time I've delved into anything regarding the Tippit murder. I want to start off by saying you make a compelling case for Oswald as the killer of Tippit and any counter-argument would have to be very powerful indeed.
One question I would like to ask that I don't think was covered in your interview was if there was any consensus on where Oswald was going when he left his boarding house. I assumed he was heading for the Texas Theater. As I didn't know the route he took I had a quick search and came up with this map:

It seems clear from this map of the route that Oswald is not heading for the Texas Theater at first but, I'm assuming, changes direction after the shooting and ends up ducking into the Theater to avoid the increased police presence in the area.

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 05:53:19 AM »
Hi Bill,

I'm still fairly new to the JFK assassination case and am still in Dealey Plaza trying to get a handle on certain things and this is the first time I've delved into anything regarding the Tippit murder. I want to start off by saying you make a compelling case for Oswald as the killer of Tippit and any counter-argument would have to be very powerful indeed.
One question I would like to ask that I don't think was covered in your interview was if there was any consensus on where Oswald was going when he left his boarding house. I assumed he was heading for the Texas Theater. As I didn't know the route he took I had a quick search and came up with this map:

It seems clear from this map of the route that Oswald is not heading for the Texas Theater at first but, I'm assuming, changes direction after the shooting and ends up ducking into the Theater to avoid the increased police presence in the area.

You've nailed it perfectly, Dan.  Oswald only headed for the theater once the shooting of Tippit occurred and he needed a place to lay low for a while, probably to gather his thoughts.

Obviously, there is no way to know where Oswald was headed BEFORE his encounter with Tippit.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 05:53:19 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2021, 06:39:21 AM »
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 06:46:53 AM by Colin Crow »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2021, 08:25:41 AM »

If Oswald was walking west on Tenth, then he was walking in the opposite direction as was Ruby's apartment.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2021, 08:25:41 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2021, 08:35:09 AM »
If Oswald was walking west on Tenth, then he was walking in the opposite direction as was Ruby's apartment.

And in the general direction of the Theatre.....

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2021, 11:24:38 AM »
And in the general direction of the Theatre.....

Am I to assume that you're hinting at Oswald heading to the theater BEFORE his encounter with Tippit?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2021, 11:24:38 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2021, 11:41:40 AM »
Am I to assume that you're hinting at Oswald heading to the theater BEFORE his encounter with Tippit?

I have no idea. Just making observation. You think Oswald walked east then west after leaving 1026? A sort of random path. Perhaps you could provide a map with your best guess.