Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Youtube Interview I Did, Tippit Case  (Read 48323 times)

Offline Joe Elliott

Re: Youtube Interview I Did, Tippit Case
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2021, 06:49:27 AM »
Advertisement

When you say …"someone" waiting at 1026 I assume you mean law enforcement? Do you think they would park outside or be waiting at the gate? However we know Earlene told of a police car outside while Oswald was getting his jacket. If it was the real reason why not just stop a block down the road when the coast was clear. Every minute counted it seems.

But Earlene wasn’t saying that on the day of the assassination, nor the next day, nor the next day. Only about a week later, after a week of having police cars parked by the house from time to time, did she suddenly remember seeing a police car parked near the house on November 22.

As for lack of preparation I wonder why he spent Wednesday night until midnight at the washerteria across the road from the roominghouse and had to be asked to leave. If he was going to "do the deed" on Friday, why take $13 or so? Not enough for an escape and too much if caught/killed in the act.

What preparation could he do with the rifle at Ruth Paine’s house? Any preparation can’t start until Thursday night. Might as well get his clothes clean for Friday.

Another one of those what if’s as an aside for the LN crew. Lovelady and Frazier were friendly. They quite often helped each other when their cars needed assistance, charging etc. Lovelady lived in Irving and his car was not operational that Friday he had to take the bus. Can you imagine Frazier saying to Oswald that they were giving him a lift too? Lovelady getting in the back seat with a package?

I imagine Oswald would insist on getting in the back so Lovelady, who had known Fraizer longer, could sit up front with his friend.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2021, 06:49:27 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2021, 07:15:50 AM »
But Earlene wasn’t saying that on the day of the assassination, nor the next day, nor the next day. Only about a week later, after a week of having police cars parked by the house from time to time, did she suddenly remember seeing a police car parked near the house on November 22.

What preparation could he do with the rifle at Ruth Paine’s house? Any preparation can’t start until Thursday night. Might as well get his clothes clean for Friday.

I imagine Oswald would insist on getting in the back so Lovelady, who had known Fraizer longer, could sit up front with his friend.

So, only initial statements are of value. I’m sure Chappy will provide his thoughts on that notion.

As for the clothes.....what a great excuse for a package on Thursday's trip to Irving with Buell. Seems preparation neglected the essentials requiring a risky return to 1026. All that money left at Irving could have been used for a new revolver, jacket and ticket to anywhere by the time Tippit was dead.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2021, 03:37:04 PM »
So, only initial statements are of value. I’m sure Chappy will provide his thoughts on that notion.

As for the clothes.....what a great excuse for a package on Thursday's trip to Irving with Buell. Seems preparation neglected the essentials requiring a risky return to 1026. All that money left at Irving could have been used for a new revolver, jacket and ticket to anywhere by the time Tippit was dead.

Chappy recalls Buell describing Lovelady as a 'runt' (in relation to his height).

Yep... fast friends, those two.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 03:57:31 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2021, 03:37:04 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2021, 04:33:38 PM »
Anyone wondering about the reasons for LHO”s actions after the assassination should keep in mind that LHO knew the FBI was on his trail and wanted to talk with him. Asking the cab driver to go to 500 N. Beckley instead of his rooming house address could have been an attempt to make it more difficult to track him to his rooming house. After all, he must have realized that he would soon become a person of interest to the authorities investigating the assassination. And the changing of clothes, etc. would be in line with the strategies of the TV espionage personalities that he reportedly watched regularly when he was younger. Also with the behavior of another of his reportedly favorite TV personalities: “The Fugitive” (as he searched for the one-armed man). Change appearances (and modes of transportation) in an attempt to make it more difficult to track you. In my opinion, this line of thinking explains some of his actions.

Offline Eric Schneider

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2021, 05:48:08 PM »
How do those who believe the Texas Theater was a just a random, dark hiding place sought only after the Tippit shooting reconcile with the numerous witness reports of odd activities leading up to Oswald's arrest?  It must mean that there was nothing to the multiple Oswald sightings (one out the front and one out the back alley) or the reports of Oswald moving seats apparently looking for someone.  The theater as a meeting place has also been used to explain the purpose of the torn dollar bills supposedly found in Oswald's possession.
It also makes it harder to imagine the ease to which they found Oswald at the theater. If the theater was a predetermined meeting place, his quick arrest can explained as yet another double cross.  Otherwise, that shoe salesman really deserves a heck of a lot more accolades.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 05:49:26 PM by Eric Schneider »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2021, 05:48:08 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2021, 08:50:32 PM »
How do those who believe the Texas Theater was a just a random, dark hiding place sought only after the Tippit shooting reconcile with the numerous witness reports of odd activities leading up to Oswald's arrest?  It must mean that there was nothing to the multiple Oswald sightings (one out the front and one out the back alley) or the reports of Oswald moving seats apparently looking for someone.  The theater as a meeting place has also been used to explain the purpose of the torn dollar bills supposedly found in Oswald's possession.
It also makes it harder to imagine the ease to which they found Oswald at the theater. If the theater was a predetermined meeting place, his quick arrest can explained as yet another double cross.  Otherwise, that shoe salesman really deserves a heck of a lot more accolades.

First... It is a myth that Oswald was arrested with torn dollar bills in his possession.  There is no evidence of it.  Even the clown who started this, John Armstrong, no longer believes it.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 08:51:00 PM by Bill Brown »

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2021, 08:56:31 PM »
First... It is a myth that Oswald was arrested with torn dollar bills in his possession.  There is no evidence of it.  Even the clown who started this, John Armstrong, no longer believes it.

What about this though complete with serial numbers?:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2021, 08:56:31 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2021, 09:10:57 PM »
What about this though complete with serial numbers?:

Oswald had eight $1 bills in his wallet when he was arrested. None of the eight were torn in half. These eight bills were inventoried (according to serial number, see CE-1149). Armstrong himself has even backed off from that and now believes that the two halves were found at the rooming house on Saturday the 23rd.

============

J. Edgar Hoover, "Masters of Deceit",1958: To join the Communist Party does not automatically mean life tenure. Memberships must be renewed every year or, in communist language, members are "reregistered. This represents another means of control. If a member is delinquent in dues or donations, he'll have to pay a penalty, perhaps contribute ten dollars, or be disciplined. These annual registration drives are important events in Party life. Each member is personally contacted. Clubs and sections compete for speed and percentage of successful registration. The drives usually start in October and often extend well past the December 31 deadline.

A member moves. His district organization will send details concerning him to his new area: name, Party history, whether dues are paid, along with any other remarks. A member may be given half of a dollar bill and the other half forwarded to the new district. When the member arrives, the halves are matched. Identity is thus established.

============

There's a document in the Dallas Police records which mentions two torn halves of dollar bills. This document lists the serial numbers of both bills. However, it says nothing about Oswald and there's really no proof whatsoever that it is assassination related. But, that didn't stop Armstrong from taking it and running with it.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 09:16:30 PM by Bill Brown »