Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Youtube Interview I Did, Tippit Case  (Read 48439 times)

Online Dan O'meara

Re: Youtube Interview I Did, Tippit Case
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2021, 05:14:45 PM »
Advertisement
Well, since you asked...

(And remember, this is only my best guess. who really knows?)

I believe Oswald walked down Beckley, took a left onto Davis and then a right onto Patton.  Then I believe he took a left onto Tenth and walked a couple blocks towards Marsalis.  Dale Myers told me that there was a Dallas County Sherriff's car parked near Marsalis and Tenth.  I think perhaps Oswald got spooked by that and reversed direction on Tenth and is now walking west on Tenth.

I know, this has him heading somewhat towards Ruby's apartment.

Honestly, I don't like to speculate about Oswald's path and/or where he was intending to go.  But one thing seems certain, he was not heading to the theater until AFTER he shot Tippit.

Below is a screen-grab showing where Patton and Denver meet Jefferson Boulevard.

In it we can see three bus companies - Turimex, Omnibus Express and Tornado Bus Company.
All three offer services to Mexico.
Will try to find out whether any of them were around in '63, as it would make sense Oswald was going to try to head for the border.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2021, 05:14:45 PM »

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2021, 05:28:19 PM »
Below is a screen-grab showing where Patton and Denver meet Jefferson Boulevard.

In it we can see three bus companies - Turimex, Omnibus Express and Tornado Bus Company.
All three offer services to Mexico.
Will try to find out whether any of them were around in '63, as it would make sense Oswald was going to try to head for the border.
Okay, but why not have the cab drive him to the bus station? Or Ruby's place. Or Walker's house, et cetera? Why walk to wherever he was going?

He goes to his room, retrieves his loaded revolver (apparently), he takes 10 or so extra bullets, he had left nearly all of his money that morning for Marina. Why not keep $50 for his flight? Fifty dollars in 1963 is about $350 today.

FWIW, I think he didn't believe he'd survive the attempt. So once he did he was winging it.

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2021, 06:07:14 PM »
So why did Oswald have the cab driver drive him several blocks past the rooming house and then let him off there and not in front of it? That's the question on the table. Or my question.

What's a logical explanation for that odd behavior?

Oswald defected to the USSR, was publicly agitating for Castro in the US, visited the Cuban and Soviet embassy/consulates in Mexico City. There's nothing "non-descript" about someone who does those things.

Well said.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2021, 06:07:14 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2021, 06:20:43 PM »
Okay, but why not have the cab drive him to the bus station? Or Ruby's place. Or Walker's house, et cetera? Why walk to wherever he was going?

He goes to his room, retrieves his loaded revolver (apparently), he takes 10 or so extra bullets, he had left nearly all of his money that morning for Marina. Why not keep $50 for his flight? Fifty dollars in 1963 is about $350 today.

FWIW, I think he didn't believe he'd survive the attempt. So once he did he was winging it.

I don't know that much about this aspect of the case so I can only give general impressions.
Oswald returns to his room to collect his gun and change his clothes ( apparently).
Bill's suggestion that he takes the cab past his room so he can check if the authorities are waiting for him makes sense in terms of a narrative in which Oswald is on the run. His change of clothes also feeds into this narrative.
I agree he is "winging it". His lack of money hints at a lack of preparation.
I get the strong impression that when he leaves his room he is heading for a specific destination but changes direction after the shooting of Tippit.
I'm just trying to get a handle on where he is heading once he leaves his room and a bus station that will get him out of Dallas is a good bet in terms of the Oswald-on-run narrative.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 06:23:19 PM by Dan O'meara »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2021, 08:29:11 PM »
Well, a bit rhetorical and a bit serious with the serious purpose directed at the Oswald defenders.

It seems obvious - doesn't it? - that he was worried about someone waiting for him at the house. Otherwise why go through those measures? What's an alternate explanation?

And what is the explanation anyway for him taking a cab to get to his rooming house? What's the rush to get there? There's a long series of acts by Oswald after the assassination that indicate to me that he was in flight from the TSBD. Any other explanation that considers all of those acts simply don't make sense. To me.

As Robert Blakey said, any explanation as to what happened in Dallas begins with the Oswald. The question is does it end with him or is there more? E.g., did he have help? was he manipulated?

Yeah, he had help  ;)

BILL CHAPMAN
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 06:27:00 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2021, 08:29:11 PM »

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2021, 09:11:00 PM »
Yeah, he had help  ;)

BILL CHAPMAN
Blakey thought he did. Or that he was manipulated by Marcello and Trafficante and elements of the mob. That he thought he would get help. Or something <g>. Thus the "hit" by Ruby, a hit he did on orders from Trafficante.

I don't see it anywhere but I guess it's a plausible explanation for his post-assassination behavior. That is he was expecting help, was hung out to dry, and then had to wing it afterwards. Thus the frantic escape and actions that seemed to have no purpose.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 09:25:36 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2021, 12:24:35 AM »
Blakey thought he did. Or that he was manipulated by Marcello and Trafficante and elements of the mob. That he thought he would get help. Or something <g>. Thus the "hit" by Ruby, a hit he did on orders from Trafficante.

I don't see it anywhere but I guess it's a plausible explanation for his post-assassination behavior. That is he was expecting help, was hung out to dry, and then had to wing it afterwards. Thus the frantic escape and actions that seemed to have no purpose.

No mob element would let Oswald just get out on the town like that. Besides, why 'take the chance' (Goodfellas/Sopranos) on these guys later squealing. I'll go with Bugliosi's 'driven to his death' thing.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 10:16:40 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2021, 12:24:35 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2021, 03:27:31 AM »
Well, a bit rhetorical and a bit serious with the serious purpose directed at the Oswald defenders.

It seems obvious - doesn't it? - that he was worried about someone waiting for him at the house. Otherwise why go through those measures? What's an alternate explanation?

And what is the explanation anyway for him taking a cab to get to his rooming house? What's the rush to get there? There's a long series of acts by Oswald after the assassination that indicate to me that he was in flight from the TSBD. Any other explanation that considers all of those acts simply don't make sense. To me.

As Robert Blakey said, any explanation as to what happened in Dallas begins with the Oswald. The question is does it end with him or is there more? E.g., did he have help? was he manipulated?

When you say …"someone" waiting at 1026 I assume you mean law enforcement? Do you think they would park outside or be waiting at the gate? However we know Earlene told of a police car outside while Oswald was getting his jacket. If it was the real reason why not just stop a block down the road when the coast was clear. Every minute counted it seems.

As for lack of preparation I wonder why he spent Wednesday night until midnight at the washerteria across the road from the roominghouse and had to be asked to leave. If he was going to "do the deed" on Friday, why take $13 or so? Not enough for an escape and too much if caught/killed in the act.

Another one of those what if’s as an aside for the LN crew. Lovelady and Frazier were friendly. They quite often helped each other when their cars needed assistance, charging etc. Lovelady lived in Irving and his car was not operational that Friday he had to take the bus. Can you imagine Frazier saying to Oswald that they were giving him a lift too? Lovelady getting in the back seat with a package?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 03:39:41 AM by Colin Crow »