Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Youtube Interview I Did, Tippit Case  (Read 46613 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: Youtube Interview I Did, Tippit Case
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2021, 03:00:17 PM »
Advertisement
I have no idea. Just making observation. You think Oswald walked east then west after leaving 1026? A sort of random path. Perhaps you could provide a map with your best guess.

No map or guessing (let alone 'best' guessing) needed: Dirty Harvey took the nearest rabbit hole to 213 West Jefferson to pretend to look at tennis shoes.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 03:05:00 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2021, 03:00:17 PM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2021, 04:52:18 PM »
No map or guessing (let alone 'best' guessing) needed: Dirty Harvey took the nearest rabbit hole to 213 West Jefferson to pretend to look at tennis shoes.

Obviously you did not get the intent of my question. Perhaps you could provide the path you think Oswald took to get to Tippit? Walking west on 10th or east?

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2021, 05:31:35 PM »
Obviously you did not get the intent of my question. Perhaps you could provide the path you think Oswald took to get to Tippit? Walking west on 10th or east?

Both

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2021, 05:31:35 PM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2021, 05:44:13 PM »
Why did Oswald have the taxi driver drive past his rooming house? Then once past it he told him to stop. Why not tell the driver to drive up directly in front of it? The rooming house was located at 1026 North Beckley Street. Whaley, the cab driver, testified that Oswald told him to take him to 500 North Beckley Street. That is, I assume, five blocks past his rooming house?

Here is Whaley's account (WC testimony):

WHALEY:  "....I asked him where he wanted to go. And he said, '500 North Beckley.'.... But when I got pretty close to 500 block at Neches and North Beckley which is the 500 block, he said, "This will do fine," and I pulled over to the curb right there. He gave me a dollar bill, the trip was 95 cents. He gave me a dollar bill and didn't say anything, just got out and closed the door and walked around the front of the cab over to the other side of the street. Of course, traffic was moving through there and I put it in gear and moved on, that is the last I saw of him.
Mr. BALL. When you parked your car you parked on what street?
Mr. WHALEY. I wasn't parked, I was pulled to the curb on Neches and North Beckley.
Mr. BALL. Neches, corner of Neches and North Beckley?
Mr. WHALEY. Which is the 500 block.
Mr. BALL. What direction was your car?
Mr. WHALEY. South.
Mr. BALL. The cab was headed?
Mr. WHALEY. South.
Mr. BALL. And it would be on the west side of the street?
Mr. WHALEY. Parked, stopped on the west side of the intersection, yes, sir.

Testimony is here: http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/whaley1.htm

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2021, 05:44:19 PM »
Both

Did he go south on Denver? One more try and then I’ll wait for the other Bill. I’ve always found him to be respectful.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 05:46:23 PM by Colin Crow »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2021, 05:44:19 PM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2021, 06:29:15 PM »

It is important to note there are several places that could have been in the general direction of Oswald’s path up until the Officer Tippit shooting site.

•   Ruby’s apartment.
•   One of the two nightclubs Ruby ran.
•   Michael Paine’s workplace.
•   Michael Paine’s apartment.
•   FBI headquarters where FBI Agent Hosty worked.
•   Agent Hosty’s home.
•   The home or workplace of many other’s who could be tried to an alleged assassination conspiracy.

Also, if it was more convenient, if the path from Oswald’s room to the Officer Tippit murder site was not useful, but the path from the Officer Tippit murder site to the Texas Theater was useful, CTers could draw attention to that path instead and claim that maybe Oswald was heading to what he thought was the nearest “safe place” (possibly mistakenly) immediately after someone shot Officer Tippit.

The odds of Oswald’s path heading in the general direction of Jack Ruby’s apartment? Fairly small, but not super small. The odds of Oswald’s path (either to the Officer Tippit murder site or the Texas Theater) heading in the general direction of some place that sounds suspicious and can be used by CTers? Pretty large.

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2021, 06:54:04 PM »
I have no idea. Just making observation. You think Oswald walked east then west after leaving 1026? A sort of random path. Perhaps you could provide a map with your best guess.

Well, since you asked...

(And remember, this is only my best guess. who really knows?)

I believe Oswald walked down Beckley, took a left onto Davis and then a right onto Patton.  Then I believe he took a left onto Tenth and walked a couple blocks towards Marsalis.  Dale Myers told me that there was a Dallas County Sherriff's car parked near Marsalis and Tenth.  I think perhaps Oswald got spooked by that and reversed direction on Tenth and is now walking west on Tenth.

I know, this has him heading somewhat towards Ruby's apartment.

Honestly, I don't like to speculate about Oswald's path and/or where he was intending to go.  But one thing seems certain, he was not heading to the theater until AFTER he shot Tippit.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 07:07:31 PM by Bill Brown »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2021, 06:54:04 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2021, 07:00:37 PM »
Did he go south on Denver? One more try and then I’ll wait for the other Bill. I’ve always found him to be respectful.

Not south on Denver.

Jimmy Burt and Bill Smith were in the front yard of the house at the corner of Tenth and Denver (one block east of Tenth and Patton).  Burt said that he noticed the man walking along Tenth across the street from the yard he was in, walking east to west (crossed Denver and continue west toward Patton).  This would mean that the man did not come down Denver.